Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

lovemeorhateme

Real Sorceror said:
I was being sarcastic, moron. I for one don't want to kill innocent people. It grates on my concscience.

Ah, but if homosexuality is a sin, and against the law, then those people aren't innocent!

Real Sorceror

lovemeorhateme said:
Ah, but if homosexuality is a sin, and against the law, then those people aren't innocent!
A lot of big "ifs" in that equation.
First, homosexuality is only a sin if you subscribe to belief in the BibleGod. I don't.
Second, and more importantly, making something legal or illegal doesn't determine the morlity of that something.

lovemeorhateme

Real Sorceror said:
A lot of big "ifs" in that equation.
First, homosexuality is only a sin if you subscribe to belief in the BibleGod. I don't.
Second, and more importantly, making something legal or illegal doesn't determine the morlity of that something.

But homosexuality is a sin, whether you believe it or not. It is a truth found in the Bible, and your belief cannot change any truth found in the Bible. If it were made illegal, then that Biblical truth would be being upheld in law.

Morpheus

lovemeorhateme said:
But homosexuality is a sin, whether you believe it or not. It is a truth found in the Bible, and your belief cannot change any truth found in the Bible. If it were made illegal, then that Biblical truth would be being upheld in law.
Many things are sin. All are worthy of eternal damnation, not just physical death. Which one of yours do you want to be held accountable for?

Real Sorceror

lovemeorhateme said:
If the Bible where true, then it wouldn't matter what I believe about it. However, the Bible, at least parts of it, is not true, and therefore I am free to make my moral judgements.
In any event, if your genocidal Bible-tyrant is real, and he wants to send me to Hell for defending people I percieve to be innocent, than so be it.

Just Tom

Four O'Clock said:
171 pages on this? Let's execute thieves, people that charge interest, children that bad mouth their parents? Kill 'em all? Right wing fundie revenge seeking Christians?
(watered down "left wing" Christianity is just as bad)

What a misguided "psudo-Christian" mess. So sad.
No one said anything about killing thieves or kids..
Thieves should pay restitution and get a flogging, The kids law is for kids who time after time disobey their parents and they have taken them to the leaders and they still don't care and do what is wrong.. You know like kids today. No not people who charge interest.

But HOMOS for sure since it is a capital crime..

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I'm (pl;easently) surprised. 53 votes yes and 109 votes no as of 12/8/06 10:00pm. I was expecting slightly different results.

Just Tom

CabinetMaker said:
I'm (pl;easently) surprised. 53 votes yes and 109 votes no as of 12/8/06 10:00pm. I was expecting slightly different results.

Then you are foolish and you will be saddened when you meet Christ and He asks you why you opposed his laws and his morality.. :bang:

red77

Just Tom said:
Then you are foolish and you will be saddened when you meet Christ and He asks you why you opposed his laws and his morality.. :bang:

:yawn:

what is the point of this thread anyway? most of those who are so for the damn thing believe that "homos" on average die at 42 anyway so the death penalty's a bit moot isnt it......?

Morpheus

Just Tom said:
Hebrews 10:5-10
5Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said:
"Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
but a body you prepared for me;
6with burnt offerings and sin offerings
you were not pleased.
7Then I said, 'Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll—
I have come to do your will, O God.' " 8First he said, "Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them" (although the law required them to be made). 9Then he said, "Here I am, I have come to do your will." He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Just a piece of it. The acts of the law were not pleasing to God, and Jesus came to "set aside the first to establish the second." The law was established to teach us that we were inadequate. We are unable to follow it. It served its purpose in preparing our hearts for accepting Jesus. The law remains as a guide into God's character, but its authority has been set aside. The old covenant must die when the new comes into power.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Just Tom said:
No I wont. You see I am under the law of love as given to us by jesus during the last supper. The OT laws teach me what is sinful but they no longer condemn me or any other saved believer.

Mathew 15
9"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. 11I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14You are my friends if you do what I command. 15I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 17This is my command: Love each other.

Just Tom

CabinetMaker said:
No I wont. You see I am under the law of love as given to us by jesus during the last supper. The OT laws teach me what is sinful but they no longer condemn me or any other saved believer.

Mathew 15
9"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. 11I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14You are my friends if you do what I command. 15I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 17This is my command: Love each other.

For the LAW is good if used lawfully for the murder for the man-slayer for the thief, for the effeminate, perjurer, and for homosexual offenders...

You can't be good enough by the law so you need Jesus but that dosen't mean when you get saved you should no longer support Gods laws for criminal offenses. For the greatest teacher in the Bible about not following the Law Paul taught that the LAW was good if used Lawfully..

This is were you will be sad as Jesus shows you how many were seduced by those whom He said should be executed for their criminal behavior.

I think He will say "you say you loved me but you didn't do what the one I chose to send to you (Paul) to teach you about my ministry of grace taught you."

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Just Tom said:
For the LAW is good if used lawfully for the murder for the man-slayer for the thief, for the effeminate, perjurer, and for homosexual offenders...

You can't be good enough by the law so you need Jesus but that dosen't mean when you get saved you should no longer support Gods laws for criminal offenses. For the greatest teacher in the Bible about not following the Law Paul taught that the LAW was good if used Lawfully..

This is were you will be sad as Jesus shows you how many were seduced by those whom He said should be executed for their criminal behavior.

I think He will say "you say you loved me but you didn't do what the one I chose to send to you (Paul) to teach you about my ministry of grace taught you."
I never read in any of the Gospels where Jesus started witnessing to a sinner by saying, "I love you so much I want you dead." He alsways said go and sin no more. He never said go and present yourself to authorities so that you may be, lovingly, exicuted.

The Apostles never went to the their churches saying that sinners under the law needed to be exicuted. They taught that sins were forgiven.

Have you been succesful witnessing to people be starting out with something like, "You should be exicuted because your are gay." Are people real open to the gospel when start out with God wants you dead?

It is reasonable to point out that if they continue in their sinful life then hell awaits them but it is counter productive to advocate for their death.

I love the freedom that Jesus ransomed for me, freedom from judgement under the law. I find people are far more receptive to the gospel when I offer that same freedom.

Last edited:

Just Tom

CabinetMaker said:
I never read in any of the Gospels where Jesus started witnessing to a sinner by saying, "I love you so much I want you dead." He alsways said go and sin no more. He never said go a present yourself to authorities so that you may be, lovingly, exicuted.

THe Apostles never went to the their churches saying that sinners under the law needed to be exicuted. They taught that sins were forgiven.

Have you been succesful witnessing to people be starting out with something like, "You should be exicuted because your are gay." Are people real open to the gospel when start out with God wants you dead?

It is reasonable to point out that if they continue in their sinful life then hell awaits them but it is counter productive to advocate for their death.

I love the freedom that Jesus ransomed for me, freedom from judgement under the law. I find people are far more receptive to the gospel when I offer that same freedom.

The poll is SHOULD homosexual be given the death penalty! The answer from any Christian should be YES!

As you use your perception of what Paul meant

THe Apostles never went to the their churches saying that sinners under the law needed to be exicuted. They taught that sins were forgiven.

So when Paul said to Timothy that the LAW is good if used LAWFULLY he didn't mean that criminals and homos should be punished under the biblical mandate for those crimes. He meant to love them and welcome them into you church.

You are blinded by your foolish perception..

Evee

No no death penalty for the homosexuals unless we are fair and give adulters the same thing.
They are consenting adults and it is sinful but so is adultery and other sexual sins.