Shooting at First Baptist Church in Texas

WatchmanOnTheWall

That is why Raqqa fell to ISIS. People could not defend themselves.

Well I was talking about the secondment amendment (and compared it to UK gun regulations) which is basically what the OP is about, if you want to compare it to more countries then we will take a long time discussing the various histories of gun regulations in each country and how we got here. By the end if it my case would still stand though; the general public should not be given guns. Each country has a right to defend itself with a standing army.

During the New Millennium under Christ's rule do you think we will have guns? Do you think Jesus will let us have guns?

Satan is in charge of this world currently and he wants us to all have more guns.

Who side are you on?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Well I was talking about the secondment amendment (and compared it to UK gun regulations) which is basically what the OP is about, if you want to compare it to more countries then we will take a long time discussing the various histories of gun regulations in each country and how we got here. By the end if it my case would still stand though; the general public should not be given guns. Each country has a right to defend itself with a standing army.
And citizens have the right to defend themselves against their government. That is why we have the second amendment. Study what happened in Germany in the 1930's. It is a very interesting piece of history.

During the New Millennium under Christ's rule do you think we will have guns? Do you think Jesus will let us have guns?
I don't see any reason why we wouldn't have guns. Mounted shooting is a blast and I don't think that Jesus would mind that. During His reign, I don't think that there will be the fear of each other that we currently live with so nobody would use a gun on another person. Still, at the end of that 1000 years there is one final battle so, who knows. (Rev 20:4-6)

Satan is in charge of this world currently and he wants us to all have more guns.

Who side are you on?
Jesus is my Lord and Savior and I own, and will continue to own, guns. Having guns does not mean that I do not love and follow God.

everready

Who side are you on?

Have you seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=B4HEchh0XD8

everready

WatchmanOnTheWall

And citizens have the right to defend themselves against their government. That is why we have the second amendment. Study what happened in Germany in the 1930's. It is a very interesting piece of history.

I don't see any reason why we wouldn't have guns. Mounted shooting is a blast and I don't think that Jesus would mind that. During His reign, I don't think that there will be the fear of each other that we currently live with so nobody would use a gun on another person. Still, at the end of that 1000 years there is one final battle so, who knows. (Rev 20:4-6)

Jesus is my Lord and Savior and I own, and will continue to own, guns. Having guns does not mean that I do not love and follow God.

Again you miss my point that the US wouldn't be in this terrible position if they had have amended the second amendment to reflect the changing conditions during its history.

And no we won't have guns in the New Millennium:

Rev 20
7When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Ezekiel 38
1The word of the Lord came to me: 2“Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince ofa Meshek and Tubal; prophesy against him 3and say: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against you, Gog, chief prince ofb Meshek and Tubal. 4I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords. 5Persia, Cushc and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets,

Ezekiel 39
1“Son of man, prophesy against Gog and say: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against you, Gog, chief prince ofa Meshek and Tubal. 2I will turn you around and drag you along. I will bring you from the far north and send you against the mountains of Israel. 3Then I will strike your bow from your left hand and make your arrows drop from your right hand. 4On the mountains of Israel you will fall, you and all your troops and the nations with you. I will give you as food to all kinds of carrion birds and to the wild animals. 5You will fall in the open field, for I have spoken, declares the Sovereign Lord. 6I will send fire on Magog and on those who live in safety in the coastlands, and they will know that I am the Lord.

7“ ‘I will make known my holy name among my people Israel. I will no longer let my holy name be profaned, and the nations will know that I the Lord am the Holy One in Israel. 8It is coming! It will surely take place, declares the Sovereign Lord. This is the day I have spoken of.

9“ ‘Then those who live in the towns of Israel will go out and use the weapons for fuel and burn them up—the small and large shields, the bows and arrows, the war clubs and spears. For seven years they will use them for fuel. 10They will not need to gather wood from the fields or cut it from the forests, because they will use the weapons for fuel. And they will plunder those who plundered them and loot those who looted them, declares the Sovereign Lord.

No guns there.

The future is not how you imagine it to be.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As I have already said (please read the thread if you wish to interject) the US government should have amended the second amendment after there was no longer a threat from the British, and I will clarify this further by adding that more amendments could have and should have been made to reflect the changing threats to the country and to the individuals within the country but instead the US have gone on for over 300 years with the same stock ruling which is just madness and that's why there are 85+ murders a day compared to 0.01 per day in the UK.

Stats show that countries that allow the general public to have guns increases the murder rate dramatically. It's very simple.
Them stats ain't gonna protect your wife in that situation, now are they?
She needs a gun.

WatchmanOnTheWall

In 2017 the US has 36 deaths per day because of guns:
https://twitter.com/GunDeaths/status/928387574015471616?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

While in the UK during 2013 there were only 0.28: http://www.gunbabygun.com/many-people-die-end-gun-england-wales-data-examined/

US Pop. 323.1 million (2016) 5x the UK Pop. 64.13 million (2013)

Therefore 7.2 deaths per day compared to 0.28 per 64 million per day.

Or

36 deaths compared to 1.4 deaths per 323.1 million per day.

WatchmanOnTheWall

You need to update your stats.
Several stats have been shown in thread that you statement is not as true as you would like to think.

In 2017 the US has 36 deaths per day because of guns:
https://twitter.com/GunDeaths/status...7Ctwgr^tweet

While in the UK during 2013 there were only 0.28: http://www.gunbabygun.com/many-peopl...data-examined/

US Pop. 323.1 million (2016) 5x the UK Pop. 64.13 million (2013)

Therefore 7.2 deaths per day compared to 0.28 per 64 million per day.

Or

36 deaths compared to 1.4 deaths per 323.1 million per day.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Again you miss my point that the US wouldn't be in this terrible position if they had have amended the second amendment to reflect the changing conditions during its history.
You are a poor student of history.

And no we won't have guns in the New Millennium:

Rev 20
7When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Ezekiel 38
1The word of the Lord came to me: 2“Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince ofa Meshek and Tubal; prophesy against him 3and say: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against you, Gog, chief prince ofb Meshek and Tubal. 4I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords. 5Persia, Cushc and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets,

Ezekiel 39
1“Son of man, prophesy against Gog and say: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against you, Gog, chief prince ofa Meshek and Tubal. 2I will turn you around and drag you along. I will bring you from the far north and send you against the mountains of Israel. 3Then I will strike your bow from your left hand and make your arrows drop from your right hand. 4On the mountains of Israel you will fall, you and all your troops and the nations with you. I will give you as food to all kinds of carrion birds and to the wild animals. 5You will fall in the open field, for I have spoken, declares the Sovereign Lord. 6I will send fire on Magog and on those who live in safety in the coastlands, and they will know that I am the Lord.

7“ ‘I will make known my holy name among my people Israel. I will no longer let my holy name be profaned, and the nations will know that I the Lord am the Holy One in Israel. 8It is coming! It will surely take place, declares the Sovereign Lord. This is the day I have spoken of.

9“ ‘Then those who live in the towns of Israel will go out and use the weapons for fuel and burn them up—the small and large shields, the bows and arrows, the war clubs and spears. For seven years they will use them for fuel. 10They will not need to gather wood from the fields or cut it from the forests, because they will use the weapons for fuel. And they will plunder those who plundered them and loot those who looted them, declares the Sovereign Lord.

No guns there.

The future is not how you imagine it to be.
That is okay too.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame