Salvation is not cheap it is FREE

KingdomRose

Give us some names of posters who don't honor Jesus words? You're
being a clown again.

Well they're not honoring Jesus' words when they say you don't have to do anything. That is, indeed, "cheap" salvation. An easy fix so that you can sit back and be lazy. Works go hand-in-hand with Jesus' saving sacrifice, as you can see from one of my posts above.

Jesus said that the ones that DO THE WILL OF THE FATHERare the ones that will gain the Kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 7:21) That requires some effort.

Paul also wrote to the Romans that they had to work on changing their compelling spirits, transforming themselves to be approved.

"...Present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God....And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." (Romans 12:1,2)

KingdomRose

Is Meshak the ONLY person on planet earth that is obedient 100% of the time?
According to her, she must be. Yet, she's said, she doesn't KNOW if she's
saved? Now there's a strange dichotomy?

No one is perfect in this world. In the world to come---the renewed Earth---Jesus will guide us back to perfection. I'm sure Meshak doesn't think she is perfect.

None of us are saved until we reach the end of this system OR until we die. (Matt.24:13) If we died today, we could say that we would be saved.

:thumb:

heir

TOL Subscriber
None of us are saved until we reach the end of this system OR until we die. (Matt.24:13) If we died today, we could say that we would be saved.

vs. we members of the Body of Christ 1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:2 KJV, 2 Corinthians 2:15 KJV, Ephesians 2:5 KJV, Ephesians 2:8 KJV, 2 Timothy 1:8-9 KJV, Titus 3:5 KJV

KingdomRose

vs. we members of the Body of Christ 1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:2 KJV, 2 Corinthians 2:15 KJV, Ephesians 2:5 KJV, Ephesians 2:8 KJV, 2 Timothy 1:8-9 KJV, Titus 3:5 KJV

It would be so nice if you would type out the scriptures along with your comment on each one, so we will get your point.

:dizzy:

heir

TOL Subscriber
It would be so nice if you would type out the scriptures along with your comment on each one, so we will get your point.

:dizzy:
Yah, I guess it's so hard for you to move your mouse over the verses to see the point. :wazzup:

heir

TOL Subscriber
The point: What you say is contrary to the truth of what we members of the Body of Christ are!

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

2 Corinthians 2:15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

2 Timothy 1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

2 Timothy 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
But the point has been completely missed by you!

Totten said, "Salvation by obedience to commands has been found impossible."

My point was that salvation by grace and justification by works are two different things.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No one is perfect in this world. In the world to come---the renewed Earth---Jesus will guide us back to perfection. I'm sure Meshak doesn't think she is perfect.

thank you, my friend. I have said tons of times that I am not perfect, but it is not about me it is about Jesus and His word.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Totten said, "Salvation by obedience to commands has been found impossible."

My point was that salvation by grace and justification by works is two different things.

Salvation comes with two things; by faith and by works. You cannot separate them.

James says faith without deeds is dead, and it harmonizes with Jesus' word.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No one is perfect in this world.

But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect. (Hebrews 12:22-23 NKJV)

The word "perfect" means complete.

Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect. (Matthew 5:48 NKJV)​

Complete as the Father is complete.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Salvation comes with two things; by faith and by works. You cannot separate them.

They are two different things: salvation is a gift but works receive a reward.

Salvation is not a reward, salvation is a gift, do you not see the difference?

For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. (Matthew 16:27 NKJV)

OCTOBER23

Salvation by obedience to commands has been found impossible.
==========================================
Ex 16:28 And the LORD said, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?

IF YOU LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS.

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me:

and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him,

and will manifest myself to him.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
They are two different things: salvation is a gift but works receive a reward.

Salvation is not a reward, salvation is a gift, do you not see the difference?

For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. (Matthew 16:27 NKJV)

We have to agree to disagree. You make simple gospel complicated.

We seem to read the word differently.