Roy Moore, OJ Simpson, And why I don't believe you.

rexlunae

It's been well established that the WAPO lied about Moore sexually harassing and molesting teenage girls.

You're the liar.

Let's discuss those lies first Aaron and once we both agree that the rainbow flag wavers at the WAPO are pathetic liars, let's talk about how the liars at WAPO are calling a 501c3 tax exempt organization that "fights to protect the Constitution and protect the heritage of our Country" a "charity".

501c3s are generally considered to be charities. "The exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3) are charitable, religious, educational, scientific, literary, testing for public safety, fostering national or international amateur sports competition, and preventing cruelty to children or animals." https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-p...-purposes-internal-revenue-code-section-501c3

Can you tell me what the exempt purpose of this organization is? And why it would be paying Roy Moore $300,000 for his services? Calling it a charity is charitable of WaPo. Really what it is is a corrupt tax-exempt slush fund for attacking secularism and, apparently, lining Roy Moore's pockets.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
While this post was intended for WizardofOz, I will answer rexlunae's post until WizardofOz comes back to defend his remarks.

Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
It's been well established that the WAPO lied about Moore sexually harassing and molesting teenage girls.

You're the liar.

Back the WAPO allegations with proof please. I know, petty things like proof aren't important in the world of liberals and Libertarians are they rex?

Let's discuss those lies first Aaron and once we both agree that the rainbow flag wavers at the WAPO are pathetic liars, let's talk about how the liars at WAPO are calling a 501c3 tax exempt organization that "fights to protect the Constitution and protect the heritage of our Country" a "charity".

501c3s are generally considered to be charities.

Charities are generally believed to be organizations that give to the needy, often times sick and dying children. While Judge Roy Moore's organization helped those in need that were being harassed by the LGBTQ movement, i.e. the 'gaystapo", it's a tax exempt organization, not a charity as WAPO made it out to be.

"The exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3) are charitable, religious, educational, scientific, literary, testing for public safety, fostering national or international amateur sports competition, and preventing cruelty to children or animals." https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-pr...-section-501c3

Can you tell me what the exempt purpose of this organization is?

I'll let Judge Roy Moore's organization tell you:

http://morallaw.org/

And why it would be paying Roy Moore $300,000 for his services? Calling it a charity is charitable of WaPo. Really what it is is a corrupt tax-exempt slush fund for attacking secularism and, apparently, lining Roy Moore's pockets.

Just think rex: If Judge Roy Moore were to get into the Senate, he would question the constitutionality of Roe v Wade, Lawrence v Texas and Obergefell v Hodges.

I see why you liberals/Libertarians are having nightmares at just the thought.

rexlunae

Back the WAPO allegations with proof please. I know, petty things like proof aren't important in the world of liberals and Libertarians are they rex?

The Washington Post doesn't traffic in "proof", or lies. They practice journalism. They seek the truth by interviewing witnesses, checking sources and doing background research. What they publish is their best effort at the truth. And so far, there's no reason to doubt what they uncovered, as much as you may dislike their reporting. If you want to dispute their story, the burden is on you. But it's dishonest to just accuse them of lying without pretty significant evidence.

Charities are generally believed to be organizations that give to the needy, often times sick and dying children. While Judge Roy Moore's organization helped those in need that were being harassed by the LGBTQ movement, i.e. the 'gaystapo", it's a tax exempt organization, not a charity as WAPO made it out to be.

As I pointed out, the provision of the tax code that they are using for their exemption exists for the use of charities.

That's non-responsive, and you already posted it. The IRS lists specific things that qualify for the exemptions under the applicable law. I asked you which of their activities met those qualifications. It's not a long list, and if you're going to bother defending them, why don't you point out which part applies.

Tax exempt organizations are not supposed to exist for the enrichment of their owners and investors. They don't have a formal salary cap, but it's a little hard to figure out a reasonable rationale for paying a guy so much money that's non-abusive.

Just think rex: If Judge Roy Moore were to get into the Senate, he would question the constitutionality of Roe v Wade, Lawrence v Texas and Obergefell v Hodges.

I'm not sure what the value of a US Senator complaining about Supreme Court holdings is supposed to be. It's certainly not good, but it isn't a huge departure from what Sessions or Luther Strange have been doing.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

The Washington Post doesn't traffic in "proof", or lies.

When a major news organization is going to not only ruin someone's political career, but character, they better back those allegations with the truth.

I'll wait for you to show the evidence showing Judge Roy Moore did what his accusers accused him of.

As I pointed out, the provision of the tax code that they are using for their exemption exists for the use of charities.

And I pointed out that the religious freedom activities that Moore's tax exempt organization partake in, isn't your typical kind of charity.

But then if the perverts at the WAPO referred to Moore's organization as a "tax exempt religious freedom rights organization", it wouldn't have that smear effect would it rex?

That's non-responsive, and you already posted it. The IRS lists specific things that qualify for the exemptions under the applicable law. I asked you which of their activities met those qualifications. It's not a long list, and if you're going to bother defending them, why don't you point out which part applies.

Read your own posts:

Quote: Originally posted by rexlunae
"The exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3) are charitable, religious, educational, scientific, literary, testing for public safety, fostering national or international amateur sports competition, and preventing cruelty to children or animals." https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-pr...-section-501c3

Tax exempt organizations are not supposed to exist for the enrichment of their owners and investors. They don't have a formal salary cap, but it's a little hard to figure out a reasonable rationale for paying a guy so much money that's non-abusive.

I'm sure if Moore represented a left wing organization, the money he was paid wouldn't have been "reasonable" enough, i.e. he would have been grossly underpaid.

To my knowledge the Board of Directors of non profits decide the pay scale. Take that up with your left wing charitable organizations like Planned Parenthood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_Parenthood

I'm not sure what the value of a US Senator complaining about Supreme Court holdings is supposed to be. It's certainly not good, but it isn't a huge departure from what Sessions or Luther Strange have been doing.

49 million unborn babies killed in the womb see the "value" rex.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I can understand a 32 year old having sex with a 16 year old as predatory, but is simply dating without any sexual conduct or talking predatory as well with a girl who is at the age of consent?

If so , why is it?

I ask because Moore met his wife when she was young but at the age of consent and married her 8 years later.
Yeah, Moore's wife was pictured in the same school yearbook as Bevery Young Nelson.
Married to the same woman since 1985 and raised a family together.
Some May-December marriages work out just fine.

WizardofOz

Um, no. WAPO reports what their investigation turned up. How did they lie? It's one thing to say these women lied but WAPO didn't lie. These women obviously told them about their respective recollection of events.

Otherwise, show me a WAPO lie in regards to Roy Moore.

WARNING! Left wingers/Libertarians are going to find the following website disgusting, as it mentions God numerous times!

:yawn:
Semantics. Your feathers are ruffled over whether or not it's technically a "charity"? That isn't significant enough to even debate. As [MENTION=7390]rexlunae[/MENTION] correctly pointed out it has to do with their 501(c)(3) tax exempt status and that they accept charitable donations.

In short, who cares? :idunno:

fool

Hall of Fame
No one said that, don't be absurd. But with a 14-year-old?
As I've been saying all along the 14 year old is the only charge actionable. All these other stories if true aren't Illegal if they did happen and according to the stories nothing happened.

Trying to trot out all the other stories as if they lent credence to the 14 year old story is why it's a hit job. They balled four women into one article and the next thing you know even TOLs own kmoney thinks he gave wine to the 14 year old at the underwear cabin when that wasn't alleged. He supposedly drank wine with the 18-19 year old at restaurants but she's not sure if she was 18 or 19 (the legal drinking age) at the time.

How convenient for them, who'd a thunk people would blend all the different accounts together.

Or how about calling a girl at her high school, after she'd already turned him down at the mall? Creepy and predatory, but not on its face illegal. And well within the sphere of public interest.
Phone records?
Also, I thought the girl who he supposedly called at school he met at a school event, not the mall.
Maybe I'm blending those though.

What's the similarity?

Cultural relativism is the idea that a person's beliefs, values, and practices should be understood based on that person's own culture, rather than judged against the criteria of another.

Ethnocentrism is an evaluation of other cultures according to preconceptions originating in the standards and customs of one's own culture.
Their two sides of the same coin.

To some extent.
The extent to which you get to pick the Alabama Senator is zero.
The voters of Alabama get to pick their Senator and your Ethnocentrism is probably spurring his supporters on not deterring them.

WizardofOz

I can understand a 32 year old having sex with a 16 year old as predatory, but is simply dating without any sexual conduct or talking predatory as well with a girl who is at the age of consent?

If so , why is it?

I ask because Moore met his wife when she was young but at the age of consent and married her 8 years later.

You would have been OK with a 32 year old man dating your daughter when she was 16. Would you have given permission?

Derf

You would have been OK with a 32 year old man dating your daughter when she was 16. Would you have given permission?

This is a good question, but again, it's merely an opinion. My opinion is that it would not be my first preference (and I have a daughter who's getting married next week--to a man only 2 years her senior). But I don't know that it would be that bad, depending on who it was and what his character was like.

You have to admit that most "men" are still boys at 16, while most "girls" are indeed turning into women at 16, and even younger. Our culture, now that boys have been taught to remain boys until they are near 30, is trying to teach girls to remain girls later, too. But their bodies know better. And their minds know better, too.

Most of the time, they want to marry someone who is not a flake, who doesn't sit around in his underwear playing video games in his parents' basement, who can actually afford to provide for them when they have to take some time off work and care for a baby after marriage. And maybe can provide for them if they decide not to return to work at all after the birth of their first child. What I've just described does not fit very many "men" under 32 these days! Yet girls (young women) are thinking about these things when they are 16 (and younger, even). Boys (boys)...aren't.

fool

Hall of Fame

You and I wouldn't but you're from Wisconsin and I'm from Michigan.
In Agrarian Societies it's not uncommon to see a disparity in ages as a man must be landed and have cattle before he is deemed Husband Material.
And the women ain't waiting until their contemporaries have matured to that point because they don't want to have their first kid when they're 30.

That's not how we do things in the Industrial North.

And the more I think about it I think the North/South Dichotomy is more of an Urban/Rural Dichotomy as I'm an Urban northerner and my rural cousins might have different views.

WizardofOz

As you read the story their initial claim is not backed up.

Nothing in the story proves Moore lied.

He was getting a part time salary and did not collect it on a regular basis.

What about $180,000 per year confuses you?

That is a regular salary. You disagree? Define what a regular salary might mean...

Derf

As [MENTION=7390]rexlunae[/MENTION] correctly pointed out it has to do with their 501(c)(3) tax exempt status and that they accept charitable donations.

In short, who cares? :idunno:
Your link shows they accept "tax deductible" donations. It didn't say anywhere on that link they were "charitable" donations. Of course, all uncoerced gifts of money are "charitable" in the broader sense of the term, but you are equivocating "charitable" to mean, in the one case, only those monies that are given to a group that then turns around and gives them to someone else, and, in the other case, any monies given to 501c3 organizations.

rexlunae made similar arguments, even quoting irs.gov, in this post:
501c3s are generally considered to be charities. "The exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3) are charitable, religious, educational, scientific, literary, testing for public safety, fostering national or international amateur sports competition, and preventing cruelty to children or animals." https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-p...-purposes-internal-revenue-code-section-501c3

Can you tell me what the exempt purpose of this organization is? And why it would be paying Roy Moore $300,000 for his services? Calling it a charity is charitable of WaPo. Really what it is is a corrupt tax-exempt slush fund for attacking secularism and, apparently, lining Roy Moore's pockets.

Funny, though, that the irs.gov site paragraph rexlunae linked to is more extensive than what he provided. And fortunately for rex, irs.gov even answers his question (if he had bothered to read the whole thing instead of cherry-picking his "evidence") by defining the word "charitable". Here it is in its entirety. I've highlighted the words in it that might apply to the organization in question, according to their purpose statement (Foundation for Moral Law is a non-profit legal foundation committed to protecting our unalienable right to publicly acknowledge God.):

The exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3) are charitable, religious, educational, scientific, literary, testing for public safety, fostering national or international amateur sports competition, and preventing cruelty to children or animals. The term charitable is used in its generally accepted legal sense and includes relief of the poor, the distressed, or the underprivileged; advancement of religion; advancement of education or science; erecting or maintaining public buildings, monuments, or works; lessening the burdens of government; lessening neighborhood tensions; eliminating prejudice and discrimination; defending human and civil rights secured by law; and combating community deterioration and juvenile delinquency.

All of those things highlighted are positively affected by acknowledging God publicly. All of them. There might be a case that could be made that "erecting and maintaining public buildings, monuments, or works" should also be highlighted, since God's blessings, bestowed on nations that adhere to His law and acknowledge Him publicly, would both help in the financing of said erecting and maintaining, as well as prevent invasion and catastrophe due to God's removal of blessing or His direct cursing of such nations. But I left that one off, so rex and you wouldn't feel so bad about maligning such a noble purpose.

Since the paragraph describes the definition of "charitable" as "its generally accepted legal sense", and since such definition doesn't fit with what you and rex are willing to concede here, one has to wonder who is really able to give us decent and correct information for this discussion.

Maybe if you cared more, you'd want to find out the whole truth of a matter before passing judgment.

WizardofOz

[MENTION=17606]Derf[/MENTION] - what difference does it make if The Foundation for Moral Law is called a charity or not?

I mean, what is the significance? :idunno:

It's not a charity, fine. Big whoop.