Redskins

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
duuuh,,,,,"New Orleans Saints",,,,,,,,,"SAINTS",,,,,,,,,,,,,,"IN A CHRISTIAN FORUM LIKE T.O.L.,,,,DO WE REALLY WANT THE WORD SAINTS INVOLVED"?????,,,,or should we form a protest to have their name changed?,,,,
You have used up your monthly allotment of commas.

whitestone

Good job. :up: Now you have 23 more commas you can use before your next billing period which will start fresh in July.

oooh(NOTHING)today is the 19th of June(NOTHING)SPACE(PAINFUL SPACE)but I will work thru it(nothing again) I'm In a trap(nothing)do you extend credit?(nothing)oooh it hurts(nothing)

rexlunae

Thanks for affirming my point. :)

When you're right, you're right.

So, since you seem to think that we should not be changing the name, can you tell me what stake you really have in it? What do you lose if we change all of the names based on American Indians? Why is it so critical for you to insist that the name must not be changed?

drbrumley

"It is a good thing that King Obama is apparently focusing his efforts on trying to get the Washington Redskins to change their name. It diverts his time away from getting us involved in more wars and adopting more of his beloved communistic domestic policies. The Dallas Cowboys may well be next on King O’s hit list, as well they should be. After all, it was cowboys who shot and killed all those redskins (er, I mean, Native Americans) as depicted in hundreds of movies and television shows known as 'Westerns.' Then there are the Buffalo Bills. The so-called “Buffalo Soldiers” of the late nineteenth century were ex-slaves recruited into the U.S. Army to assist in the army’s campaign of mass murder and genocide against the Plains Indians. This cannot stand. The Lake Erie Muskies or the Lake Erie Cohos (as in Coho Salmon) would be much more politically correct," says Thomas DiLorenzo.

:rotfl:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned

braveheart-movie-clip-screenshot-never-take-our-freedom_large.jpg

shagster01

So, since you seem to think that we should not be changing the name, can you tell me what stake you really have in it? What do you lose if we change all of the names based on American Indians? Why is it so critical for you to insist that the name must not be changed?

What will Indians gain by forcing the changes? Less respect and label of crybabies?

shagster01

"It is a good thing that King Obama is apparently focusing his efforts on trying to get the Washington Redskins to change their name. It diverts his time away from getting us involved in more wars and adopting more of his beloved communistic domestic policies.

Other than saying he thinks the name should be changed when he was asked what efforts has he focused that way exactly?

One Eyed Jack

Does anybody know any Indians who are actually offended by the name, Redskins? Because I know a bunch of Locklears and Oxendines, and none of them seem to mind it.

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned

We shouldn't have to worry about what other people think.

It's funny how this is used to defend homosexuality and things which are actually issues and have consequences, but for something so simple as a name?

~Hands across the globe, it's downright evil!~

But I suppose that the left wing for you- no sensible structure whatsoever, just whatever will have them perceived as righteous in the moment.
Like those gun laws in the UK- they look good.. for now.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The NAACP stands for..... National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

Isn't that offensive?? The term "Colored People" is highly offensive isn't it?

How about the UNCF? United Negro College Fund. That's pretty offensive in todays world isn't it?

I'm coloured. A sort of whitish colour. I agree. That is very offensive. It is also very stupid. Assuming it is intended to benefit black and brown coloured people, it is offensive to me as it implies that I have no colour or that I somehow don't deserve to be advanced because I am not black or brown.

Actually it's not that offensive. But this is only because I am not easily offended. It's not worth getting bothered about. If people insist on being stupid, there's not a lot I can do except steer well clear. I haven't had much to do with Granite but obviously he is insisting on being recognised for his stupidity.

Granite said
This is an issue more of good taste, dignity, and respect, not some insidious assault by the "thought police" who are trying to steal our "freedom," or somesuch.

So I said

In which case it should not be a matter of law or anyone suing or bullying anyone else.

And then he contradicted himself by responding

Sometimes the law is there to compel folks to do what they should have done on their own.

In other words he now says that good taste is a matter of the law after all and the law is about stealing our freedom after all. Restaurants and fast foods you are on notice!

And then he asked a simple question:

What exactly would we lose here? Practically and specifically--what advantage is there in keeping this ugly little name? The ability to take another cheap shot at American Indians? Using a derogatory word steeped in blood? (Again: Check that link. Grotesque.)
To which I gave a simple reply:
We would lose our freedom. Nothing much really, just that.
And he only had nothing to say: (well this is what I call nothing)

Give me. A. Break.
When I tried to do exactly that by just making some general observations he threw a hissy fit complaining that I hadn't answered him.

I'm thinking of starting up the NAAT: the National Association for the Advancement of the Transparent. Granite is very dense and certainly not transparent so wouldn't qualify. But even though I am steering clear, I somehow still pray that he could be again melted into something useful.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Does anybody know any Indians who are actually offended by the name, Redskins? Because I know a bunch of Locklears and Oxendines, and none of them seem to mind it.

No, in fact one of my co-workers is 100% Apache (nicknamed Chief), & a huge Redskins fan, is is offended that a bunch of liberal white people are so up in arms with their PC crap trying to change the name of his team. What a bunch of whiners...not to mention the fact that it is an epic waste of time for our government to be spending our taxpayer dollars wasting time & breath to address it. Absolutely Absurd...:nono:

rexlunae

So, if people complain about the insensitivity of a professional sports team's name, and if the government and the courts conclude that this renders the name ineligible for exclusivity, that is tantamount to a loss of freedom?

Either that's hyperbole, or a complete loss of perspective.

fool

Hall of Fame
No, in fact one of my co-workers is 100% Apache (nicknamed Chief), & a huge Redskins fan, is is offended that a bunch of liberal white people are so up in arms with their PC crap trying to change the name of his team. What a bunch of whiners...not to mention the fact that it is an epic waste of time for our government to be spending our taxpayer dollars wasting time & breath to address it. Absolutely Absurd...:nono:

The highlighted part is incorrect as far as I'm aware. The suit was brought by Native Americans.