Reconciliation is not Salvation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Pate

Banned
You missed it, haphazardly asserting that "justification, sanctification, redemption,.. all lead to our reconciliation"-you winged that.

"We are as much reconciled to God by the life of Christ as we are his death."-you

You winged that also. We are saved by the resurected life of the Lord Jesus Christ. No scripture says that "We are as much reconciled to God by the life of Christ."

Stop winging it-pay attention to the details of the book. Not many lost people will give you much credibility, if you continue your misstatements. Knock it off-it's not necessary.

I don't know about you, but when Jesus entered into heaven I entered in with him. God now sees me "In Christ". I am about as reconciled to God that anyone can get.

"For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:3.

What did it take for Jesus to be accepted back into heaven? It took a life of perfect obedience to God's Holy Law. It took a perfect atonement for my sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

It took all that Jesus is and all that Jesus did.

john w

Hall of Fame
I don't know about you, but when Jesus entered into heaven I entered in with him. God now sees me "In Christ". I am about as reconciled to God that anyone can get.

"For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:3.

What did it take for Jesus to be accepted back into heaven? It took a life of perfect obedience to God's Holy Law. It took a perfect atonement for my sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

It took all that Jesus is and all that Jesus did.

The above has NADA to do with what you asserted, argued, and is misdirection, as scripture assigns very specific, precise details, to the doctrines of reconciliation, propitiation, justification...........................................................You are just mixing them up, haphazardly.

Knock it off-it's not necessary, and hurts you, in the credibiltiy of your persuasiveness.

Prizebeatz1

I am not saying Jesus was not a real man. I am challenging the traditional interpretation of the story and saying it points to our own divinity. The infinite eternal part of us is born pure of a virgin, miraculous, rejected and buried, yet still lives. It is not a game. They don't want us to know this because someone profits off of keeping us from knowing our true self-worth.

Robert Pate

Banned
The above has NADA to do with what you asserted, argued, and is misdirection, as scripture assigns very specific, precise details, to the doctrines of reconciliation, propitiation, justification...........................................................You are just mixing them up, haphazardly.

Knock it off-it's not necessary, and hurts you, in the credibiltiy of your persuasiveness.

No, they all find there place in Jesus Christ who victoriously did all that there was to do to reconcile us to God. Jesus is God's justifier, sanctifier, redeemer and reconciler.

john w

Hall of Fame
No, they all find there place in Jesus Christ who victoriously did all that there was to do to reconcile us to God. Jesus is God's justifier, sanctifier, redeemer and reconciler.

And? The above is irrelevant, as pertaining to your misstatements:

"justification, sanctification, redemption,.. all lead to our reconciliation"-you winged that.

"We are as much reconciled to God by the life of Christ as we are his death."-you winged that

We are reconciled by his death, a pre-req to.......

Knock it off.

Prizebeatz1

Nonsense. No interpretation is necessary....scripture says what it means and means what it says. You can read it and believe it or reject it and remain an unbeliever. Your choice.

So are you saying we have to believe it literally word for word?

john w

Hall of Fame
I am not saying Jesus was not a real man. I am challenging the traditional interpretation of the story and saying it points to our own divinity. The infinite eternal part of us is born pure of a virgin, miraculous, rejected and buried, yet still lives. It is not a game. They don't want us to know this because someone profits off of keeping us from knowing our true self-worth.

You did not "argue" that, or you lack communication/debating skills-which is it?:

"The story of Jesus is an allegory for the soul. It is not a literal interpretation."- Prizebeatz1

OCTOBER23

HEIR said,

God was in Christ, reconciling the world (including us Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV)

unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion: God has given Adam and his progeny a Second Chance.

Thereby , Universalism is introduced into the mix.

heir

TOL Subscriber
HEIR said,

World reconciliation, not universal salvation!

Salvation is free unto us by grace because of the faith and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ in our place. God did all the work necessary to save all of us!

That is the good news for you! Salvation is free unto you by God's grace (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV)! Eternal life is the gift of God (Romans 6:23 KJV), but like any gift, it must be received. If you push away the gift and don't accept the content of the package, it is not in your possession. You have not claimed it. Trust the Lord believing God did everything necessary to save you. Christ died for your sins, was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). It's called the gospel of Christ. Gospel equals good news! The gospel of Christ is the power of God to save you! Trust the Lord believing it, now!

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

glorydaz

We are as much reconciled to God by the life of Christ as we are his death. If Jesus had not fulfilled God's Holy Law there would be NO reconciliation.

It took all of what Christ did to reconcile us to God, not just his death.

Actually, the whole world is reconciled by His death.....God has declared an end to the enmity between God and men. It was His death alone that did that.

But to be saved, we must each individually BE RECONCILED by believing (whereby He gives us LIFE) and are saved.

Romans 5:10
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.​

The MUCH MORE in this verse refers to each one of us being reconciled to God. Be ye reconciled.... It always takes both parties to make peace. Our Lord's death satisfied God's wrath for all of mankind.
Now we each must be reconciled by believing unto righteousness and partaking of His life.

Danoh

None of it makes sense because it is a misunderstanding. The story of Jesus is an allegory for the soul. It is not a literal interpretation. This is not the first time that popular conception has been misled by the so called authorities. Remember Galileo? They used to think the earth was flat too. They've made a mistake. Again. Some of us are not willing to just believe what everyone else believes because we don't want to find out the answers for ourselves. The unconscious fear is that we are not good enough to find out for ourselves. This is subliminally reinforced in the traditional interpretation because we have to assume we are worthless. Don't buy it.

Consider that yours is also a rather broad stroke, and one broad stroke does not another solve for.

Danoh

Actually, the whole world is reconciled by His death.....God has declared an end to the enmity between God and men. It was His death alone that did that.

But to be saved, we must each individually BE RECONCILED by believing (whereby He gives us LIFE) and are saved.

Romans 5:10
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.​

The MUCH MORE in this verse refers to each one of us being reconciled to God. Be ye reconciled.... It always takes both parties to make peace. Our Lord's death satisfied God's wrath for all of mankind.
Now we each must be reconciled by believing unto righteousness and partaking of His life.

You might study out those passages in which Paul uses the phrase "much more."

Danoh

HEIR said,

Was the cure to cancer, so to speak, accomplished in Christ.

Yes.

As a result, is there now an offer on the table to come and benefit oneself of said cure?

Yes.

Is the world in Christ?

No?

Come, be ye reconciled.

Danoh

You miss the point of the OP. Some believe that reconciliation means that we are saved, but no one is saved today unless and until they have had a moment in their life when they trusted the Lord believing the work that was accomplished that day as all sufficient to save them, and that is: that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). It's called the gospel of Christ and IT is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV, no longer to the Jew first and also to the Greek, but to all men 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV). That is the word of reconciliation.

Let's leave Romans 10 out of this as the gospel of Christ is not in view there and it the gospel of Christ that is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believteth (Romans 1:16 KJV). We are fellowheirs and of the same Body and partakers of Christ by the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV). No trusting the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV= no salvation.

Of course the gospel of Christ is in view in Romans 10. Just not the Body's gospel of Christ.

glorydaz

You might study out those passages in which Paul uses the phrase "much more."

Why? It won't change what is so clearly being said in that verse.

The much more is this...."Be ye reconciled"....the necessity of our being reconciled through believing the gospel. Reconciliation requires both parties agree to the peace.

2 Corinthians 5:20
Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.​

john w

Hall of Fame
I think you're missing the point.

You "think?" And?

You did not argue initially what you asserted in your last "post," or you lack communication/debating skills-which is it?

"The story of Jesus is an allegory for the soul. It is not a literal interpretation."- Prizebeatz1

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
None of it makes sense because it is a misunderstanding. The story of Jesus is an allegory for the soul. It is not a literal interpretation. This is not the first time that popular conception has been misled by the so called authorities. Remember Galileo? They used to think the earth was flat too. They've made a mistake. Again. Some of us are not willing to just believe what everyone else believes because we don't want to find out the answers for ourselves. The unconscious fear is that we are not good enough to find out for ourselves. This is subliminally reinforced in the traditional interpretation because we have to assume we are worthless. Don't buy it.

You're really proud of yourself aren't ya ?

Danoh

Why? It won't change what is so clearly being said in that verse.

The much more is this...."Be ye reconciled"....the necessity of our being reconciled through believing the gospel. Reconciliation requires both parties agree to the peace.

2 Corinthians 5:20
Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.​

My own sense is that; as used by Paul there, he is basically relating that in the sense of "but wait, that's not all - there's more - much more!"

He is returning to theme he has been talking about in verses 1 thru 6 - all that the love of Christ has accomplished and is able to.

He then lays out not only "much more" of that, but also, touches on its basis once more:

Rom 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Notice...

5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

He is describing a bundle of blessings the Cross has made possible.

If this were an infomercial, all he'd have to add would be - "Order NOW!"

Of course, if you perceive that differently, we are each where we are. I have only sought to share what those passages have taught me.

The best toward you in your learning as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.