Reconciliation Cancels Out the Doctrine of Predestination

NickCharles

You have a closed mind that is not open to the truths that are in the Bible.

You cannot discern that. You are just trying to deflect from the truth I've pointed out to you that you cannot be reconciled with someone and at the same time, them not be reconciled to you. The best you can do is to change the meaning of the word, or throw out insults. That's not very Christ-like.

NickCharles

Reconciliation is a weak word regarding Christ's atonement, don't you think?

I prefer justified. A one-way, gift of grace from the Godhead.

The issue is that Mr. Pate keeps quoting the verse on reconciliation without taking time to use it correctly. If he used it correctly, it would do damage to his theology.

Cedarbay

The issue is that Mr. Pate keeps quoting the verse on reconciliation without taking time to use it correctly. If he used it correctly, it would do damage to his theology.
Right.

There is still a bit of the old RCC teaching in me that balks at the word reconciliation, and so I retract my saying it is a weak word.

Although Pate rages against the RCC, he is right in line with it's teaching on reconciliation. It is accomplished through the choices and works of man.

Robert Pate

Banned
You cannot discern that. You are just trying to deflect from the truth I've pointed out to you that you cannot be reconciled with someone and at the same time, them not be reconciled to you. The best you can do is to change the meaning of the word, or throw out insults. That's not very Christ-like.

To bad that you can't believe what the Bible says.

"To wit, that God was in Christ, RECONCILING THE WORLD UNTO HIMSELF, not imputing their trespasses unto the them; and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:19.

The word of reconciliation is the Gospel.

NickCharles

"To wit, that God was in Christ, RECONCILING THE WORLD UNTO HIMSELF, not imputing their trespasses unto the them; and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:19.

I know what the verse says. It's your understanding that's in question. Making it all caps doesn't change the fact that you have a different use of the word.

Robert Pate

Banned
I know what the verse says. It's your understanding that's in question. Making it all caps doesn't change the fact that you have a different use of the word.

You are a typical Calvinist.

You change words, you delete words, you add words.

You make a sham out of God's word the Bible.

There is only one use of the word. Reconcile means to bring back to friendship. God has reconciled the whole world to himself by Jesus Christ. You can now accept the reconciliation or you can reject the reconciliation. The choice is yours.

NickCharles

You are a typical Calvinist.

You change words, you delete words, you add words.

You make a sham out of God's word the Bible.

There is only one use of the word. Reconcile means to bring back to friendship. God has reconciled the whole world to himself by Jesus Christ. You can now accept the reconciliation or you can reject the reconciliation. The choice is yours.

So if God has brought the whole world back to friendship, then the whole world is friends with God. Are you sure that's what you want us to believe?

Robert Pate

Banned
So if God has brought the whole world back to friendship, then the whole world is friends with God. Are you sure that's what you want us to believe?

Do you really believe that Christ rejectors have been reconciled to God? And that God is going to take Christ rejectors to heaven against their will?

God extends reconciliation to the whole world through Jesus Christ, but its not yours if you don't receive it. John 1:12.

beloved57

All without exception are not reconciled to God, many of them are under His Condemnation and Wrath Jn 3:18,36 and have their sins imputed to them Jn 8:24

No one in the World of 2 Cor 5:19 is charged with sins ! Read it 2 Cor 5:19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

You corrupt the word of God !

NickCharles

Do you really believe that Christ rejectors have been reconciled to God? And that God is going to take Christ rejectors to heaven against their will?

God extends reconciliation to the whole world through Jesus Christ, but its not yours if you don't receive it. John 1:12.

Right now it doesn't matter what I think, so stop deflecting. You keep changing the meaning of reconciliation. Don't push that off on me.

beloved57

he doesnt believe or understand that verse, all he can do is quote it, then give a false invalid comment about it !

Robert Pate

Banned
Then why don't you?

I have no trouble with it.

You are the one that is trying to refute what the Bible says.

The word "Reconcile" messes up your Calvinist doctrine.

If God has already reconciled the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, the no one needs to be predestinated.

NickCharles

If God has already reconciled the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, the no one needs to be predestinated.

Again, if everyone is reconciled, then everyone is a friend of God.

Brother Ducky

Except you hold that reconciled is both true now, and something that you have to accept, and that the mean Pate god can take it away, and throw you into hell.

iouae

There are 2 ways of foreknowing something.
1. I can look at an empty plot of land and visualise a house on it, and having money, I can know that a certain house will be built on it.

2. The second form of predestination is the "spooky" kind where you can tell the future, and accurately predict the lottery numbers.

Which kind of "foreknowing" are we speaking about?