Reconciliation Cancels Out the Doctrine of Predestination

NickCharles

God would like all to be saved according to 1 Tim 2:4

3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 Who will have all men to be saved , and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

That is what I mean by "wooing". He is calling all to be saved.

Yet we know that some will end up in hell.

Who's fault is that - God who originally created them uncuttable, knowing they would reject him....

...or their own fault for rebuffing Him.

If the first, then the scripture should read "Who will have some men to be saved", not so?

He calls. He doesn't woo. It man's fault if he ends up in hell because he's a sinner. If he ends up saved, it's purely because of God's grace.

beloved57

God would like all to be saved according to 1 Tim 2:4

3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 Who will have all men to be saved , and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

That is what I mean by "wooing". He is calling all to be saved.
Yet we know that some will end up in hell.

Who's fault is that - God who originally created them uncallable , knowing they would reject him....
...or their own fault for rebuffing Him.

If the first, then the scripture should read "Who will have some men to be saved", not so?

False Comments !

iouae

He calls. He doesn't woo. It man's fault if he ends up in hell because he's a sinner. If he ends up saved, it's purely because of God's grace.

If its "man's fault" is that because God created him faulty.
If so, would that not be God's fault?

Or did God create man perfect, and able to choose Him, and man chose wrong. In which case "God can will all to be saved" and not get His own will or way.

glorydaz

2 Corinthians 5:20
Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

iouae

The Spirit of God is in the world calling all to come to Christ, Hebrews 3:15 also Revelation 3:20.

I agree with Robert that God is calling all, which is in line with "He will have all men to be saved".

That means He must have provided a means for all to be saved.

Or scripture would have read "He will have SOME men to be saved".

The fact that some are not saved means that God respects the concept of not dragging anyone into His kingdom kicking and screaming.

The very idea that He so prioritises freedom to choose, IMHO negates the idea of predestination.

Predestination is founded on the misinterpretation of one scripture, viz. that God "knoweth all things".

glorydaz

What does it say God beseeches us to do?

Will this third time be the charm? :think:

God beseeches us to be reconciled to Him.

2 Cor. 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Turn toward God......from unbelief to belief.

Acts 20:21
Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

iouae

Predestination is founded on the misinterpretation of one scripture, viz. that God "knoweth all things".

I know its sad when one has to quote one's own post... ;)
...but to correct my previous post....

I am not against predestination of the kind where God wants something (a Jeremiah) and works to get it.

I am against predestination of the spooky kind which says that God has pre-planned one and only one future for all of us.

OCTOBER23

(them he also justified)

LOOKS LIKE THEY HAVE TO BE JUSTIFIED FIRST.

Matthew 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified

Acts 13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things,

-BELIEVE

Romans 2:13 For not the hearers of the law are just before God,
but the doers of the law shall be justified.

-KEEP THE LAW

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith
without the deeds of the law.

-FAITH

Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood,
we shall be saved from wrath through him.

-BLOOD

Titus 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs
according to the hope of eternal life.

-GRACE

NickCharles

Will this third time be the charm? :think:

God beseeches us to be reconciled to Him.

2 Cor. 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Turn toward God......from unbelief to belief.

Acts 20:21

Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

That's great. Is that how you won over your wife? Did you beseech her to go out with you?