Reconciliation Cancels Out the Doctrine of Predestination

beloved57

Asked and answered: http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4497696&postcount=366

You will never get an unqualified answer to a question that requires distinguishing between the decree in eternity and its realization in time. Your mistake is to assume the decree does not include the very temporal aspects you deny on the matter of justification.

AMR

Ok, since you refuse to answer my question with a simple yes or no as I have asked you a few times now, we will get back to this a littel later when you can understand the question better !

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Do you understand the question I'm asking?

The questions you are asking are not going to work because they are out of order.

Like love. You don't know who God will save. So don't tell me that you love them. The bible says to love the brotherhood. And he that doesn't love the brotherhood is anti-Christ.

You don't love the brotherhood because of the questions you asking.

We don't have to give real answers to anti-Christ. The anti-Christ can walk around in circles until he turns blue.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
You quote Charles Spurgeon. Maybe it is time to see if what Spurgeon preached matches up with what you preach 57?

Shasta

They were reconciled to God while being enemies and unbelievers by Christ death Rom 5:10!

For someone who always accuses others of evading the issues you completely evaded the scripture I brought up so I will put it to you again:

You have said true believers are already reconciled to God before their conversion to Christ. This is manifestly unscriptural. Paul says:

21 And although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds, (Colossians 1:21)

"FORMERLY" means that this is the way the Colossians were IN THE PAST.

22 yet He has NOW reconciled you in His fleshly body through death...(Colossians 1:22 )

NOW indicates their state at the time of this writing. They had gone from being God's enemies to being reconciled. This indicates a radical change of status. If they always had been reconciled there would be no such alteration.

...in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach...(Colossians 1:21-22).

They used to be engaged in evil deeds. AFTER reconciliation they became "holy and blameless, beyond reproach." This shows clearly that they had not ALWAYS been reconciled. The change in their status came about only AFTER they had put their faith in Christ.

Reconciliation caused a change in them. The word reconciliation means "to put in right relationship." An "enemy" of God is by definition is not in right relationship with Him. A person cannot simultaneously be in an enemy and a friend of God (James 4:4, Matthew 6:24)

Your doctrine of "eternal justification" is unscriptural, irrational, incoherent and is lacking in moral judgment. Can you answer these scriptures?

Ben Masada

Reconciliation Cancels Out the Doctrine of Predestination.

Reconciliation Cancels Out the Doctrine of Predestination.

I would not disagree with the above assertion but I find much more of the truth that Freewill fits more to the bill to cancel the doctrine of Predestination which is the opposite of Freewill. Predestination is akin to Fate which was for the Greeks above the supreme power of Zeus and all their gods.

beloved57

The questions you are asking are not going to work because they are out of order.

Like love. You don't know who God will save. So don't tell me that you love them. The bible says to love the brotherhood. And he that doesn't love the brotherhood is anti-Christ.

You don't love the brotherhood because of the questions you asking.

We don't have to give real answers to anti-Christ. The anti-Christ can walk around in circles until he turns blue.

You are being evasive!

beloved57

For someone who always accuses others of evading the issues you completely evaded the scripture I brought up so I will put it to you again:

You have said true believers are already reconciled to God before their conversion to Christ. This is manifestly unscriptural. Paul says:

21 And although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds, (Colossians 1:21)

22 yet He has NOW reconciled you in His fleshly body through death...(Colossians 1:22 )

NOW indicates their state at the time of this writing. They had gone from being God's enemies to being reconciled. This indicates a radical change of status. If they always had been reconciled there would be no such alteration.

...in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach...(Colossians 1:21-22).

They used to be engaged in evil deeds. AFTER reconciliation they became "holy and blameless, beyond reproach." This shows clearly that they had not ALWAYS been reconciled. The change in their status came about only AFTER they had put their faith in Christ.

Reconciliation caused a change in them. The word reconciliation means "to put in right relationship." An "enemy" of God is by definition is not in right relationship with Him. A person cannot simultaneously be in an enemy and a friend of God (James 4:4, Matthew 6:24)

Your doctrine of "eternal justification" is unscriptural, irrational, incoherent and is lacking in moral judgment. Can you answer these scriptures?

Do you want to answer the question?

Robert Pate

Banned
Do you see any contradiction Robert? or did you actually learn something and change your understanding?

No contradiction.

Salvation has been provided for all by Jesus Christ.

But its not yours if you don't receive it.

Before salvation can be ours it was necessary for Jesus to defeat sin, death and the devil.

God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. However, nothing is yours if you don't receive it and enter into his rest, Hebrews 4:10.

fishrovmen

No contradiction.

Before salvation can be ours it was necessary for Jesus to defeat sin, death and the devil.

God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. However, nothing is yours if you don't receive it and enter into his rest, Hebrews 4:10.

Oh, I got it..."all of humanity" are Christians. That's called Universalism.

Shasta

Do you want to answer the question?

It should be obvious I disagree with your erroneous belief that people are friends of God WHILE they are still His enemies.

Now answer my objection

You have said true believers are already reconciled to God before they are saved. This is manifestly unscriptural. Paul says:

beloved57

It should be obvious I disagree with your erroneous belief that people are friends of God WHILE they are still His enemies.

Now answer my objection

You don't believe the truth, those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies and unbelievers Rom 5:10 !

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Asked and answered: http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4497696&postcount=366

You will never get an unqualified answer to a question that requires distinguishing between the decree in eternity and its realization in time. Your mistake is to assume the decree does not include the very temporal aspects you deny on the matter of justification.

AMR

Ok, since you refuse to answer my question with a simple yes or no as I have asked you a few times now, we will get back to this a littel later when you can understand the question better !

On the contrary I understand the question quite clearly and have answered it clearly. No sober-minded thinker will ever give you a yes or no answer, so you can stop with being coy. Explain why you think the decree to elect means "eternal justification", especially to support of your view that our Lord is doing the believing for those given to him from eternity.

Such a monstrous view implies the unregenerate elect...
- perform dead works, evil acts, etc. that are pleasing to God;
- can believe and even confess a false gospel;
- are ignorant that they had the imputed righteousness of Our Lord;
- can please God without faith; and
- contrary to the plain words of Eph. 2:1-3, were not children of wrath.

AMR

Robert Pate

Banned
No one is a friend of God that is not indwelt with the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is only given to those who hear and believe the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

You cannot be any enemy of God and be reconciled to him. This is why Paul said, "Be ye reconciled unto God" 2 Corinthians 5:20.

We are reconciled unto God when we accept his Son Jesus Christ.

beloved57

The Holy Spirit is only given to those who hear and believe the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

You cannot be any enemy of God and be reconciled to him. This is why Paul said, "Be ye reconciled unto God" 2 Corinthians 5:20.

Those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies and unbelievers Rom 5:10!

Brother Ducky

But you say that all are reconciled. Have all accepted Jesus??

Robert Pate

Banned
But you say that all are reconciled. Have all accepted Jesus??

All are reconciled that have accepted the offer of reconciliation.

The offer of reconciliation is open to all, but it must be received.

This is why Paul said, "We pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled unto God" 2 Corinthians 5:20.

If you don't receive the offer of reconciliation, its not yours.

Ben Masada

No contradiction.

So, as you say above, "Before salvation can be ours it was necessary for Jesus to defeat sin, death and the devil."

Now, I understand why this doctrine is a delusion because, sin has become more frequent after Jesus' death than before he was born which has become an evidence that Jesus did not defeat sin.

More people have died after Jesus death than before he was born. It means that Jesus did not defeat death.

The devil has been spoken of much more since Jesus died than before he was born which means that Jesus did not defeat the devil.

Can any one find any sense for this Christian doctrine? I don't think any one can because the Prophets of the Lord said that no one can die for the sins of another. (Jer. 31:30; Ezek. 18:20)