Reconciliation Cancels Out the Doctrine of Predestination

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thanks AMR, I really need to learn how to quote from another thread

Some tips when copying from other threads:

Assumes you have a browser tab open, have started a post wherein you are about to wax eloquent.

Simple:

Leave your post window open and then open a new browser tab to navigate to another thread. How you do so depends upon the browser. For example, Chrome has a handy "Duplicate tab" right click option. So I duplicate the tab containing my already open ready to post window. I move to that tab and select the back button so I am now still able to see TOL pages. Now I navigate to the other thread I want to quote from.

Right click any post number shown in parenthesis above a post.

Select "Copy link address..."

Now paste that link into your post. Folks will then know where to go to find the post.

But suppose you want to include some context from the other thread...

Better:

At the post in question at another thread, select the Quote button. Remember you are still using a different browser tab. A window opens with the quoted text.

If you like what you see copy it. If it is a long post, delete irrelevant portions, but always leave the beginning and end quote tags for what it left.

Now go back to the tab containing your soon to be made post and paste what you copied above into your own post.

Submit, then close the extra tab you had open.

All done now. I'll be here all week folks. ;)

AMR

fishrovmen

I have never said that all of humanity has been predestinated. That is another one of your stupid attempts to try and make me say something that I didn't say.

All of the "Us's" and "We's" in Ephesians are Christians.

God chose all of humanity in His Son Jesus Christ, Ephesians 1:4.

Do you see any contradiction Robert? or did you actually learn something and change your understanding?

beloved57

Elsewhere:

So before they were regenerated they had the imputed righteousness of Christ all the while remaining ignorant of that imputed righteousness?

AMR

Do you believe that those Christ died for are reconciled to God/Justified by God while they are enemies and unbelievers and before they believe in Christ?Yes or No?

dialm

BANNED
Banned
There is not one scripture in the whole bible about anyone being predestinated to heaven or to hell. If everything and everybody has been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ then who needs to be predestinated?

Look at the scriptures that teach God has reconciled us, all things, enemies of the cross, the whole world, unto himself by Jesus Christ. Which is the Gospel.

" And all things are of God, who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ" 2 Corinthians 5:18.

"To wit, that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:19.

"And having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him (Jesus) to reconcile all things unto himself" Colossians 1:20.

"And you that were sometimes alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now has he reconciled" Colossians 1:21.

"And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby" Ephesians 2:16.

These scriptures say that... us, the world, all things, enemies of the cross, all have been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ. God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. Are you able to comprehend that? No one needs to be predestinated.

This can only mean one thing and that is that salvation is by grace through faith, plus nothing.

The only thing that God asks of us is that we believe and have faith in his Son Jesus Christ. When we do that, then we have received God's offer to be reconciled unto him. Paul said, "Be ye reconciled unto God" 2 Corinthians 5:20.

It depends on your definition of the word 'reconciled'.

Satan is also reconciled. He is reconciled to hell, damnation, eternal separation from God from the very moment he was created.

You said everyone and everything. That statement is all inclusive. Satan is never able to repent because God never gave satan the ability to repent. But should satan repent?

YYEESS SSIIRR RREEE Bob.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you believe that those Christ died for are reconciled to God/Justified by God while they are enemies and unbelievers and before they believe in Christ?Yes or No?

Perhaps you missed my response:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4496624#post4496624

When you have the time:
They were reconciled to God while being enemies and unbelievers by Christ death Rom 5:10!

Elsewhere:
Those my Christ lived and died for have no sins to die in and they are believers while they are enemies and unbelievers! Christ believed for them when He obeyed the Law of God for them!

So is it your position that before they were regenerated they had the imputed righteousness of Christ all the while remaining ignorant of that imputed righteousness?

:AMR:

AMR

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Everything that Robert says should be prefaced by

"This does not apply to the Spirit World."

God does reprobate the Angels. Satan is one example.

beloved57

Perhaps you missed my response:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4496624#post4496624

When you have the time:

Elsewhere:

So is it your position that before they were regenerated they had the imputed righteousness of Christ all the while remaining ignorant of that imputed righteousness?

:AMR:

AMR

Do you believe that those Christ died for are reconciled to God/Justified by God while they are enemies and unbelievers and before they believe in Christ? Yes or No?

This will be the final time I ask you the above question, read it carefully and answer it accordingly !

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Do you believe that those Christ died for are reconciled to God/Justified by God while they are enemies and unbelievers and before they believe in Christ? Yes or No?

This will be the final time I ask you the above question, read it carefully and answer it accordingly !

That is some question. Why are you asking it?

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Because I want him to answer it. Do you want to answer it for yourself ? Be my guest ?

That is exactly right. "...for yourself."

And

"...because I want him to answer it."

There is no love in these statements.

Do you think we are fools? That we don't know the term 'justified sinner'? That God somehow can't see everything?

Do we cast our pearls?

The problem with the Law/law is that it is devoid of the main ingredient. Just like your questions.

Let me ask you one

Do you love us?

dialm

BANNED
Banned
There is not one scripture in the whole bible about anyone being predestinated to heaven or to hell. If everything and everybody has been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ then who needs to be predestinated?

Look at the scriptures that teach God has reconciled us, all things, enemies of the cross, the whole world, unto himself by Jesus Christ. Which is the Gospel.

" And all things are of God, who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ" 2 Corinthians 5:18.

"To wit, that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:19.

"And having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him (Jesus) to reconcile all things unto himself" Colossians 1:20.

"And you that were sometimes alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now has he reconciled" Colossians 1:21.

"And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby" Ephesians 2:16.

These scriptures say that... us, the world, all things, enemies of the cross, all have been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ. God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. Are you able to comprehend that? No one needs to be predestinated.

This can only mean one thing and that is that salvation is by grace through faith, plus nothing.

The only thing that God asks of us is that we believe and have faith in his Son Jesus Christ. When we do that, then we have received God's offer to be reconciled unto him. Paul said, "Be ye reconciled unto God" 2 Corinthians 5:20.

"No one needs to be predestinated."

And?

It is a true statement AND it has no meaning. The entire thread has no meaning.

beloved57

That is exactly right. "...for yourself."

And

"...because I want him to answer it."

There is no love in these statements.

Do you think we are fools? That we don't know the term 'justified sinner'? That God somehow can't see everything?

Do we cast our pearls?

The problem with the Law/law is that it is devoid of the main ingredient. Just like your questions.

Let me ask you one

Do you love us?

I Love everyone Jesus Christ Loved ! He has fulfilled the Law for me, which is Matt 22:36-40

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Now the question is, Did My Lord and Saviour Love yall !

beloved57

dialm

I never asked anyone did they believe if God can or cant see everything ! You cant even understand a simple question, where is your mind at ?

Cedarbay

I know you guys have been clarifying doctrinal issues for several years. I'm just not getting why the answer AMR gave to this question is not satisfying you. He gave you an answer. You did not like nor perhaps understand the answer.

Your position seems to lack an important distinction between God's eternal decree and His temporal action. He saves His elect in time, and yet knows them in eternity.

I would have AMR correct me if I am wrong in this.

beloved57

I know you guys have been clarifying doctrinal issues for several years. I'm just not getting why the answer AMR gave to this question is not satisfying you. He gave you an answer. You did not like nor perhaps understand the answer.

Your position seems to lack an important distinction between God's eternal decree and His temporal action. He saves His elect in time, and yet knows them in eternity.

I would have AMR correct me if I am wrong in this.

Do you understand the question I'm asking?

Cedarbay

Do you understand the question I'm asking?
Yes.

The elect are chosen in Christ to be His own, from eternity. So, there is an eternal background to justification.

In time, the elect are justified by faith, an act of the Holy Spirit in regeneration.

beloved57

Yes.

The elect are chosen in Christ to be His own, from eternity. So, there is an eternal background to justification.

In time, the elect are justified by faith, an act of the Holy Spirit in regeneration.

Ok then please review the question back to me word for word!

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Asked and answered: http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4497696&postcount=366

You will never get an unqualified answer to a question that requires distinguishing between the decree in eternity and its realization in time. Your mistake is to assume the decree does not include the very temporal aspects you deny on the matter of justification.

AMR

Cedarbay

Ok then please review the question back to me word for word!
The question, although poorly worded, is clear.

The elect are justified by the grace of God, in time. They are known by the Godhead in eternity.

Great cause for rejoicing, for which I do!