Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

Cross Reference

If we define the action of faith as an individual's admission of the inefficacy of their ability to make right choices by themselves - if we define this faith as morally neutral - then there no reason why it cannot occur when directed by the Holy spirit.

That all men are under the influence of the Holy Spirit is evident from Acts 7:51, Romans 2:15 and John 12:32.

In addition: "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26 (KJV)

That passage, though directed to His Disciples, infers the teaching of Himeslf from all of the scriptures given. Jesus then says this later: "And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: John 16:8 (KJV)

So the influence of the Holy Spirit is unmistakably present now in the affairs of all mankind, both for good and evil that Christ be exalted. There is no decreeing in any of that except the passages themselves.

Cross Reference

Jesus Christ was made (poieo) sin (singular anarthrous hamartia, the noun) for all mankind.

He died for sin, not for certain or all men.

You frame the entire topic fallaciously. And you refuse to be corrected.

What has Sonnet been saying you don't understand; are not getting and you refuse to be corrected?? I.e., Christ died for all mankind.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
13509031_10153662318756161_5305423367602499991_n.jpg

lifeisgood

Those who understand election don't stop seeking.

How do you know you understand election? What those who understand election keep seeking?

What is elected is the Plan of Salvation from before the foundation of the world and NOT a particular person.

Tambora asked beloved57 (I think is 57; forgive me if I am wrong):
Do you tell your children when you put them to bed that God loves them?
or
Do you tell them that they might be ones that were born only so God could send them to hell and there isn't a darn thing they can do about it?

He has never answered Tambora. Maybe you can answer it.

lifeisgood

Those who believe and are principled are the elect.

Here we are again, with you not understanding predestination.

In fact, I think there's many people, including some on this site, who wouldn't be against it if they actually understood it :plain:

What is predestined is the Plan of Salvation and not a particular person. Can you imagine God creating beings to destruction, commanding them to enter into His rest, and they not being able to obey God?

Tambora asked beloved57 a long time ago:
or
Do you tell them that they might be ones that were born only so God could send them to hell and there isn't a darn thing they can do about it?

He never answered. Maybe you can answer.

God's Truth

All one has to do is be thirsty and hungry.

See John 7:37.

Revelations 22:17 The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let the one who hears say, "Come!" Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
What is predestined is the Plan of Salvation and not a particular person. Can you imagine God creating beings to destruction, commanding them to enter into His rest, and they not being able to obey God?

This is simply an attempt to disagree with a doctrine by making it more palatable to the modern mind, but it is not scriptural.

The fates of all souls are predestined by Sovereign God Almighty. And, yes, many souls were brought into the world as a demonstration of His power and prepared by God for destruction. Read Romans Chapter 9. This is the clear teaching of Paul.

asked beloved57 a long time ago:
or

He never answered. Maybe you can answer.

Tambora has proven herself to be a spiritual enemy of Christ and she does not warrant an answer from Christians. She has already denied the Gospel truth.

All little children need to be told at night is that they should love and believe what God has said in the Bible. . He will take care of the rest of their lives.

Sonnet

How do you know you understand election? What those who understand election keep seeking?

What is elected is the Plan of Salvation from before the foundation of the world and NOT a particular person.

Tambora asked beloved57 (I think is 57; forgive me if I am wrong):
or

He has never answered Tambora. Maybe you can answer it.

Never forget that Calvinists keep their focus on the depravity of men - so much so that humanity is considered fortunate that even some have been saved.

Their problem remains that scripture clearly teaches that Christ died for all which Paul preached to unbelievers. He also preached belief in the resurrection.

lifeisgood

To look up Synergism and Monergism?

If that's true, you might should desist in these conversations for a few years.

How many people do you know using words such as synergism, synergistically, monergist, perichoresis, etc. to talk about God outside of your own group of friends?

Anyone who uses words such as synergism, synergistically, monergist, perichoresis, etc. to talk about God's love, justice, righteousness, etc., is simply showing his/her own flesh, IMHO.

lifeisgood

This is simply an attempt to disagree with a doctrine by making it more palatable to the modern mind, but it is not scriptural.

The fates of all souls are predestined by Sovereign God Almighty. And, yes, many souls were brought into the world as a demonstration of His power and prepared by God for destruction. Read Romans Chapter 9. This is the clear teaching of Paul.

Tambora has proven herself to be a spiritual enemy of Christ and she does not warrant an answer from Christians. She has already denied the Gospel truth.

All little children need to be told at night is that they should love and believe what God has said in the Bible. . He will take care of the rest of their lives.

So?

or

lifeisgood

Never forget that Calvinists keep their focus on the depravity of men - so much so that humanity is fortunate that even have been saved.

Their problem remains that scripture clearly teaches that Christ died for all which Paul preached to unbelievers. He also preached belief in the resurrection.

I understand Calvinism, now you, who know so much about God (and rejected Him?) are an enigma.

Cross Reference

How many people do you know using words such as synergism, synergistically, monergist, perichoresis, etc. to talk about God outside of your own group of friends?

Anyone who uses words such as synergism, synergistically, monergist, perichoresis, etc. to talk about God's love, justice, righteousness, etc., is simply showing his/her own flesh, IMHO.

In word: "PRIDE"

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
All one has to do is be thirsty and hungry.

See John 7:37.

Revelations 22:17 The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let the one who hears say, "Come!" Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.
Free will is "corrupted nature's deformed darling, the Pallas or beloved self-conception of darkened minds" – John Owen

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Of course. But not Synergistically.

Right. Not via Synergism. You forget I'm not a Calvinist. I'm a true Monergist.

I am a Reformer as you are well aware and I hold to the doctrine of Limited Atonement BECAUSE I believe that the death of Jesus Christ was substitutional and penal.

That is not to disagree that Jesus was lifted up bearing the sin of mankind. He was. He did.

But He suffered the wrath of God for only those the Father gave Him to redeem and He died their death in their stead. John 10 and 17 reveals this elect love and purpose of God very clearly, as do the various covenant promises to only a select few persons throughout bible history.

A wonderful and exhaustive work on Limited Atonement is John Owen's "The Death of Death in the Death of Jesus Christ"

To modify the Truth that Jesus died for His people alone, is to lose substitutional redemption, which destroys the power and purpose of the cross.