Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The Calvinist asserts that unless God chose you for regeneration then it is certain that you are excluded from salvation. Period.

Paul: But the righteousness that is by faith says: “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down) “or ‘Who will descend into the deep?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).

Paul quotes from Deuteronomy 30:
11 Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. 12 It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, “Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, “Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” 14 No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it.

One must have renewed ears to hear it.

God's Truth

What a ship of fools . . GT and CR have no clue regarding Calvinist theology and Sonnet can't remember responses in order to keep up with discussion.

I have given up on all of you . . .

II Corinthians 6:14-15

Show were God saved an unbeliever.

Sonnet

I don't have to teach you years of grammar. I gave you the opportunity to search for the truth that I presented. You don't want to know the truth. You want to debate and be right from a false foundation and selected perspective.

THIS is why you apostatized from your faith (actually, hope). You don't actually want the truth.

Your arrogance is disturbing.

Sonnet

I don't have to teach you years of grammar. I gave you the opportunity to search for the truth that I presented. You don't want to know the truth. You want to debate and be right from a false foundation and selected perspective.

THIS is why you apostatized from your faith (actually, hope). You don't actually want the truth.

The reality:
Never responded to my query: #2086
Doesn't debate: #2403

Those who claim truth must be held accountable. PPS refuses.

Sonnet

Have said it before...

Jesus:
I am the way and the truth and the life.

Peter:
Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited_by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.

Cross Reference

Quote Originally Posted by PneumaPsucheSoma View Post

THIS is why you apostatized from your faith (actually, hope). You don't actually want the truth

Sonnet
Your arrogance is disturbing.

Sickening is a better word, as in stomach turning.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
'Reprobate' simply means 'an unprincipled person'.

Do you believe that an unprincipled person receives salvation?
Then, you basically make Christianity about as convicting and meaningful as a dirt clump.

Sorry to say it, but the only thing 'dreadful' here is people watering down Christianity to the point where the only thing a person has to do is get dunked in some water- what a god that is, who determines the eternal fate of people based on something so small.

Sonnet

'Reprobate' simply means 'an unprincipled person'.

Do you believe that an unprincipled person receives salvation?
Then, you basically make Christianity about as convicting and meaningful as a dirt clump.

Sorry to say it, but the only thing 'dreadful' here is people watering down Christianity to the point where the only thing a person has to do is get dunked in some water- what a god that is, who determines the eternal fate of people based on something so small.

Watering down Christianity? Under unconditional election nothing is required of the elect other than to be elect.

Do you believe Paul genuinely offers his kinsmen salvation or not? If you do, then it has to be the case that all my do so and all have been provided for. That's the Good News isn't it?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Watering down Christianity? Under unconditional election nothing is required of the elect other than to be elect.

Thanks for showing that you have absolutely no understanding of what you are against.

ddd581283774f1e3b83f9dd0efda84e0.jpg

Sonnet

Those who believe and are principled are the elect.

You couch it euphemistically but the reality is better expressed by Dort (it being the foundation of tulip):

Article 7: Election
...Before the foundation of the world, by sheer grace, according to the free good pleasure of his will, God chose in Christ to salvation a definite number of particular people out of the entire human race, which had fallen by its own fault from its original innocence into sin and ruin. Those chosen were neither better nor more deserving than the others, but lay with them in the common misery. God did this in Christ, whom he also appointed from eternity to be the mediator, the head of all those chosen, and the foundation of their salvation.

Reject this then you reject Calvinism.

Sonnet

If we define the action of faith as an individual's admission of the inefficacy of their ability to make right choices by themselves - if we define this faith as morally neutral - then there no reason why it cannot occur when directed by the Holy spirit.

That all men are under the influence of the Holy Spirit is evident from Acts 7:51, Romans 2:15 and John 12:32.

Last edited: