Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

Cross Reference

Indeed - God showed his love - dying for the ungodly.

Can we not apply that thought to the condition of the contemporary church, on both sides of the aisle,? Though very godly they are without God. They have really never taken Jesus off the cross. They keep him on it so His blood will continually drip all over their sins.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

It seems to me that if it were "quite clear" then we wouldn't disagree about the reading. If one tries to force one version of a reading and call it proof of doctrine, then that becomes an example of eisigesis. Meaning should flow naturally from the text, rather than being forced upon it.

You are asking me about my whole understanding of Romans 1:28. Seems to me that it is saying that when people are evil and do not care, God just gives them up to themselves.

And “themselves” become reprobate and without remedy.

Please explain the conclusion to the matter when, for a reprobate to be relieved of his condition, it would require someone higher than God to perform it; to influence his life to the point he would even "desire" it. They are indeed, without remedy, aren’t they?

Read also Heb 6:4-6 KJV in that light.

OMT:

Romans 1:28 KJV
(28) And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

That does not mean that an individual (or individuals) from that group of reprobate mind might not come face to face with themselves and seek God while he can still be found. At that point they would not longer be in that group called "reprobate."

If they belong to the reprobate group, there is no remedy. Ergo, they would not cry out to God, even as Esau cried out for God to repent and God could not.

A little more:

Whose mind did he give them over to? Their own mind. They still have their own mind, and God gives them over to themselves.

Does that change anything in the condemning absoluteness of it all?

Why did he give them over? Because they "did not like" to retain God in their knowledge. Not because they couldn't, but because they chose not to.

In which case, "God gave them over"!

That's actually what it says if one looks closely enough.

Indeed, it does. Just as I reiterated.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Don't know what you talking about

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

That is evident when you say God creates evil. When does God do that when there is no more creating by Him or anyone but Jesus Christ? Obviously, your understanding is lacking by not acknowledging that fact for you push ahead with your opinion.

beloved57

That is evident when you say God creates evil. When does God do that when there is no more creating by Him going on by Him? Obviously, your understanding is lacking by not acknowledging that fact for you push ahead with your opinion.
I'm speaking of the God I serve. I know nothing of the god u believe in

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Can we not apply that thought to the condition of the contemporary church, on both sides of the aisle,? Though very godly they are without God. They have really never taken Jesus off the cross. They keep him on it so His blood will continually drip all over their sins.

It is here, that, I now believe you are at a disadvantage to the Calvinist's. I ,now, see why you don't like my words.

If you believe that there is a second of your life, that you don't need that blood dripping down on you, you really don't understand why He said that we must drink of His blood.

I'm only going to work with Sonet on this matter.

You are helping the case of Reprobation.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Show one (1) verse of scripture that speaks of God loving ALL of mankind?

We'll start with a simple string of questions.

Is Jesus fully God with us?

Did Jesus teach us to Love our Enemies?

Do you believe that God is a Hypocrite?

What are the implications of this?

Please answer all 4 questions directly, or I will assume you are dodging the matter.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Sonnet

Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Sonnet

He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem. Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Indeed, but we may need to deal with the various troubling OT scriptures.

This is easy.

We will start in the OT and work forward. This is how we will exonerate the Love of The Lion of Judah, though the Ark of the Covenant should never need to be "adjusted".

In other words, when people tamper with God's character, it means they have touched the sacred ark of the covenant. They have put it on a cart, when it should have been supported by its prescribed rods as God commanded.

First Questions for you. Everything here is directly in reference to God. We are approaching scripture from Jesus saying; "these are the very scriptures that testify about Me."

As far as free will or tyranny is concerned, what does the presence of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the garden of Eden implicate about God's leadership and stance on the importance of providing choice/free will to humanity?

One of God's elected Angels betrayed God and mankind in the garden of Eden. Again, what does this implicate about God's stance on free will verses tyranny, in regards to His leadership and Creative gifts to all creation?