Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Adam was not "cautioned" by God, but Adam was commanded by God under the Law to not eat of the tree, and God prophetically warned Adam would die in the day he disobeyed that command. Genesis 2:17 is a prophetic promise!

Adam disobeyed, the guilt of sin was imputed to him and all his progeny, Adam died spiritually which prefigured his eventual physical death, which fear of death caused the corruption of his human nature, heart, mind, and will . . leaving him naked and enslaved to serving sin, death, and the devil.

This is the genesis of the doctrine of Reprobation. Reprobates are born into this world naked and serving sin, death, and the devil because of fear of their own certain death, which is the wages of their condition. These are souls left in the corrupt state they inherited from the first Adam. These are passed over and are found outside of Christ, which is their condemnation and future destruction. This describes unrepentant unbelievers.

Such would be all mankind, except God, according to election and His good will and pleasure, chose a remnant of mankind for redemption in and through the sacrificial work of Jesus Christ. He is their Mediator, alone. He died for these, alone. He bestows saving grace and repentance upon these, alone. These alone will receiving the blessings of Christ's Kingdom and everlasting life, for His righteousness has been imputed to their accounts with God.

The comparison between the reprobate and the chosen is revealed in: Romans 9:22-23

Though I don't subscribe to the ultimate direction of this scriptural deduction, I note that you described it very clearly.

Thank you Nang.

Perhaps some direct questions on this matter if you would.

If Gentile sinners were despised by the Jews before the "election" of Jesus, what are the implications of the "elect" despising or condemning the "non-elect"?

I frame this in light of Jesus' overly redundant warnings against Spiritual pride.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Can you refer me to where Knight entered this discussion. I cannot find his contribution in this thread, and would be interested in what he had to say.

I am referring to the two on one feed that is archived.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
You guys add words to Calvin's theology, and then you attack your own words like John Calvin taught it.

Perhaps the question isn't about Calvin's personally shared understanding and writings, but what the impact of them tends to be on those embracing his views and its' impact on modern interaction with all people of the world, in light of the message of Christ,

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
An objective test is truthful, that is, contains actual truths. An objective truth is true for everyone, in all times, in all places, regardless of circumstances or how one feels about it. Facts lead to logical conclusion.

For example,

Sonnet claims no responses "from Calvinists" have been given to his views.
Objective evidence shows responses have been given often by Calvinists (including myself).
Sonnet claims he does not accept the responses given as responses qua responses.
Sonnet fails to administer his claim for responses objectively.
Sonnet just does not like the responses given, hence subjectivity, not objectivity.

QED

AMR

I did not see this post until just now.

I understand your stance and approach more clearly now.

Respect.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Invalid question.

Ephesians:

9 (In saying, “He ascended,” what does it mean but that he had also descended into the lower regions, the earth?

10 He who descended is the one who also ascended far above all the heavens, that he might fill all things.)

11 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers,

12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,

13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,

14 so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes.

15 Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ,

16 from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.

And also....

Luke 5:31-32

31 And Jesus answered them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 32 I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.”

Who did He come for?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

2 Peter 3:

.........but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.......

Am I to have the mind of a man that recognizes some will be lost or the mind of our Lord Jesus that wants ALL to be saved.

If I distinguish a person reprobate by scriptural standards, am I not justifying the loss of 1 based on carnal judgment?

Didn't Jesus come for the Godless reprobate?

I still see the question extremely valid.

God's Truth

2 Peter 3:

.........but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.......

Am I to have the mind of a man that recognizes some will be lost or the mind of our Lord Jesus that wants ALL to be saved.

If I distinguish a person reprobate by scriptural standards, am I not justifying the loss of 1 based on carnal judgment?

Didn't Jesus come for the Godless reprobate?

I still see the question extremely valid.

You are a half sibling to the Calvinists. You both argue about who disobeys the most. The Calvinists will win you on that one.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
I do not rejoice in evil, but I recognize the war within between my first Adam and my 2nd Adam, thus I myself sympathize with all, and hope for the salvation of ALL.

Knowing that God exalted free will above imputed ignorance by dying for the result of imputing free will, I can deduce that there will be those that hate God to His face.

But, I must do all I can as a representative of Christ to sway any that Love is the highest standard of judgment.

Is this unscriptural?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
You are a half sibling to the Calvinists. You both argue about who disobeys the most. The Calvinists will win you on that one.

Lol!!!!

GT,

I don't know if you meant to make me laugh, but I find comforting humor in your words in light of our debate history.

[emoji106][emoji3]. Sincere thumbs up and sincere smile.

God's Truth

Lol!!!!

GT,

I don't know if you meant to make me laugh, but I find comforting humor in your words in light of our debate history.

[emoji106][emoji3]. Sincere thumbs up and sincere smile.

I am glad you enjoyed that. However, I also hope it makes you think more carefully about some beliefs you have.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

I am glad you enjoyed that. However, I also hope it makes you think more carefully about some beliefs you have.

And my smile starts to go away..... Nope it's back.

Your concern and care are appreciated.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Is it worth continuing with this thread?

That's subjective.

In light of the OP of Reprobation,

No direct response has been given by a Calvinist as to the impact on witness or the Calvinist's view of people that are judged to be lost by judgmental forces within the BoC.

Sonnet

That's subjective.

In light of the OP of Reprobation,

No direct response has been given by a Calvinist as to the impact on witness or the Calvinist's view of people that are judged to be lost by judgmental forces within the BoC.

Actually - I'm not sure of your meaning exactly.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Well,

On the other hand, the founded in Grace alone did get responded to by getting called heretics and unworthy of response for not being grounded in Calvinism.

If those answers count at quantifiable data that was indeed repeated over and over...

c2e6c8f31c7546231378147df9145c84.jpg

Sonnet

Well,

On the other hand, the founded in Grace alone did get responded to by getting called heretics and unworthy of response for not being grounded in Calvinism.

If those answers count at quantifiable data that was indeed repeated over and over...

c2e6c8f31c7546231378147df9145c84.jpg

Not following you NIG.