Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

Sonnet

Keep up. The discussion in question I have entered is between me and one other member that does not happen to be yourself. It is not all about you.:beanboy:

AMR

I don't mind some digression but when you haven't actually made any effort to deal with the OP it's a bit disrespectful.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't mind some digression but when you haven't actually made any effort to deal with the OP it's a bit disrespectful.
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...ot-universal&p=4717554&viewfull=1#post4717554
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-reprobation&p=4729306&viewfull=1#post4729306

and on and on.

You seem to think you get to set out the obligations of others and rule on responses as if your opinion meets any objective test. That is a strange fantasy world within which you are living. :AMR:

AMR

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...ot-universal&p=4717554&viewfull=1#post4717554
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-reprobation&p=4729306&viewfull=1#post4729306

and on and on.

You seem to think you get to set out the obligations of others and rule on responses as if your opinion meets any objective test. That is a strange fantasy world within which you are living. :AMR:

AMR

What defines an objective test?

Sent from my iPad using TOL Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Sonnet

and on and on.

AMR

The first one - #1929 was responded to here. You never replied.

Regarding the second link - since you sent another link to a similarly long tract on the Gospel (An Inquiry into the Sum and Substance of the Gospel by Dr. C. Matthew McMahon) which I took the time to read and reply to (#33) - but which you never responded to - then you shouldn't expect me to read this one.

I don't appreciate being told that I should keep up AMR.

Sonnet

and on and on.

AMR

There is nothing here that actually deals with the specifics of the OP.

Quite obviously - you cannot do so.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What defines an objective test?
An objective test is truthful, that is, contains actual truths. An objective truth is true for everyone, in all times, in all places, regardless of circumstances or how one feels about it. Facts lead to logical conclusion.

For example,

Sonnet claims no responses "from Calvinists" have been given to his views.
Objective evidence shows responses have been given often by Calvinists (including myself).
Sonnet claims he does not accept the responses given as responses qua responses.
Sonnet fails to administer his claim for responses objectively.
Sonnet just does not like the responses given, hence subjectivity, not objectivity.

QED

AMR

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned

Regarding the second link - since you sent another link to a similarly long tract on the Gospel (An Inquiry into the Sum and Substance of the Gospel by Dr. C. Matthew McMahon) which I took the time to read and reply to (#33) - but which you never responded to - then you shouldn't expect me to read this one.

I don't appreciate being told that I should keep up AMR.
You should have kept up a long time ago

13466212_733132056789598_209962022575938392_n.jpg

Sonnet

An objective test is truthful, that is, contains actual truths. An objective truth is true for everyone, in all times, in all places, regardless of circumstances or how one feels about it. Facts lead to logical conclusion.

For example,

Sonnet claims no responses "from Calvinists" have been given to his views.
Objective evidence shows responses have been given often by Calvinists (including myself).
Sonnet claims he does not accept the responses given as responses qua responses.
Sonnet fails to administer his claim for responses objectively.
Sonnet just does not like the responses given, hence subjectivity, not objectivity.

QED

AMR

And here is the reality (again):

Neither of your links deal with the specifics of the OP.

Lon

But I was asking how the intricacies of the definition of the trinity relates directly to the thread. You are talking about something else Lon. My faith or otherwise isn't the theme of the thread.

It is a good thing imho. People are concerned for you, more than the specifics of the topic. My only other point was that it somewhat relates and I was trying to help you see the tie-ins. -Lon

Sonnet

Indeed.

View attachment 24490
[Click to Enlarge]

AMR

Your mockery of Saint Paul is noted for he clearly did not hold such a view - telling the unsaved to believe in the resurrection unto salvation:

1 Brothers and sisters, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved.
2 For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge.
3 Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness.
4 Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.
5 Moses writes this about the righteousness that is by the law: “The person who does these things will live by them.”
6 But the righteousness that is by faith says: “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ down)
7 “or ‘Who will descend into the deep?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).
8 But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim:
9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

We know that Paul wasn't playing the equivalent of fast and loose, don't we AMR?

Sonnet

It is a good thing imho. People are concerned for you, more than the specifics of the topic. My only other point was that it somewhat relates and I was trying to help you see the tie-ins. -Lon

Thanks.

It's the specifics of what one is being asked to believe in that's key. I'm NOT believing in Jesus Christ à la John Calvin.

daqq

Your mockery of Saint Paul is noted for he clearly did not hold such a view - telling the unsaved to believe in the resurrection unto salvation:

1 Brothers and sisters, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved.
2 For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge.
3 Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness.
4 Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.
5 Moses writes this about the righteousness that is by the law: “The person who does these things will live by them.”
6 But the righteousness that is by faith says: “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ down)
7 “or ‘Who will descend into the deep?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).
8 But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim:
9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

We know that Paul wasn't playing the equivalent of fast and loose, don't we AMR?

And he is quoting from the Torah:

Deuteronomy 30:11-15 LXX Brenton English Translation
11 For this command which I give thee this day is not grievous, neither is it far from thee.
12 It is not in heaven above, as if there were one saying, Who shall go up for us into heaven, and shall take it for us, and we will hear and do it?
13 Neither is it beyond the sea, saying, Who will go over for us to the other side of the sea, and take it for us, and make it audible to us, and we will do it?
14 The word is very near thee, in thy mouth, and in thine heart, and in thine hands to do it.
15 Behold, I have set before thee this day life and death, good and evil.

Deuteronomy 30:19 LXX Brenton English Translation
19 I call both heaven and earth to witness this day against you, I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse:
choose thou life, that thou and thy seed may live;

Sonnet

And he is quoting from the Torah:

Deuteronomy 30:11-15 LXX Brenton English Translation
11 For this command which I give thee this day is not grievous, neither is it far from thee.
12 It is not in heaven above, as if there were one saying, Who shall go up for us into heaven, and shall take it for us, and we will hear and do it?
13 Neither is it beyond the sea, saying, Who will go over for us to the other side of the sea, and take it for us, and make it audible to us, and we will do it?
14 The word is very near thee, in thy mouth, and in thine heart, and in thine hands to do it.
15 Behold, I have set before thee this day life and death, good and evil.

Deuteronomy 30:19 LXX Brenton English Translation
19 I call both heaven and earth to witness this day against you, I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse:
choose thou life, that thou and thy seed may live;

Thanks.

It's this very fact that underlines the sincerity of Paul's offer.

Paul quoting Moses: 'Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach.'

Calvinist: Unless one is of the elect then faith is beyond your reach - for only the elect will be regenerated from their total depravity in order that faith will occur.

We know Paul speaks authoritatively.