Real Science Friday: A Leading Telescope Designer in Studio

TeeJay

=The Barbarian;2776792]Barbarian observes:
It's not, as someone suggested, that there's something wrong with black people as a race.

And because his religion says it's permissible to lie if there's an advantage in doing so, we see a quick alteration to read:

And then:

But that's to be expected:
What harm would it do, if a man told a good strong lie for the sake of the good and for the Christian church?
Martin Luther

He's just being what he is.

Edit:
He's more to be pitied than censured. Pray for him.

Barb, time for a Bible lesson--a lesson that you will never hear in a Catholic church.

One of the Ten Commandments is that you shall not bear false witness against your neighbor or brother. The penalty for being a false witness, says God, depends on whatever is at stake in the case. For example, false witness in a capital crime deserves the death penalty. A failure to prove your $10 million law suit against MacDonalds for the coffee being too hot would mean that you would have to pay MacDonalds $10 million. This would eliminate all frivilous law suits.

Now does God permit anyone to lie. Yes. The midwives in Egypt lied to the Pharaoh to protect the male babies they were ordered to kill. God rewarded them with houses and kids and wealth.

Rahab the harlot lied to the King to protect the Israeli spies she was hiding on her roof. God rewarded her with wealth, a husband, a house, and kids and Jesus is in her leanage.

The Christians who protected Jews in Nazi Germany will receive a crown from Jesus.

And if you were captured by an Arab terrorist and he asked you to denounce Jesus, you could cross your fingers, lie to him, and at the first chance, grab a gun and blow his head off. You can lie in this case. But if he asked you to get on TV and denounce Jesus to the world, then you should elect to die.

Bible class is over. There will be written test tomorrow.

Tom

TeeJay

=The Barbarian;2776822]Sorry, no bunny trails.

Barbarian said:
It's not, as someone suggested, that there's something wrong with black people as a race.

And so, someone decided a little adjustment would be a good idea. First:

And then:

But of course, his religion says it's O.K. to lie, if there's a good cause.
He really doesn't see what's wrong with that behavior.
Pray for him.

Barb,

It's actually okay to talk about a race of people if what you say is true. For example, God gave the Irish Irish Whiskey to keep them from ruling the world.

The Amish are hard workers, have beautiful farms, and make good furniture.

The Blacks, as a rule, can jump much higher than us White folk. And they earn millions in basketful. It's ain't fair!

Catholicism is a false religion that is leading millions to an eternity in hell apart from their Creator God.

The Jews have a gift for making money.

Now, none of the above statements are false. The one about the Irish could be contested, but I'm Irish and I can't handle alcohol.

TeeJay

Barb,

It's actually okay to talk about a race of people if what you say is true. For example, God gave the Irish Irish Whiskey to keep them from ruling the world.

The Amish are hard workers, have beautiful farms, and make good furniture.

The Blacks, as a rule, can jump much higher than us White folk. And they earn millions in basketful. It's ain't fair!

Catholicism is a false religion that is leading millions to an eternity in hell apart from their Creator God.

The Jews have a gift for making money.

Now, none of the above statements are false. The one about the Irish could be contested, but I'm Irish and I can't handle alcohol.

Tom

TeeJay

=Arthur Brain;2777411]So far I've yet to see any 'pearls' Tom. I've seen plenty of ignorant and uncharitable nonsense but that's about it.

:plain:

AB, you asked me to "cast my pearls." I will just as soon as I find out who and what your are, a "swine" a "Gentile dog," what?

Me thinks you're afeared to disclose your position.

Tom

some other dude

a furious barbie, unwilling to address the lies he spread about Tom and angry that some other dude will not let him deflect, takes his toys and stomps off to home
barbie said:
"A hit dog always howls."

And apparently throws everything but the kitchen sink, hoping something will hit.

Time to put someone back to sleep. (ignore activated)

Let's not forget, folks, that barbie thinks there's something wrong with black people as a race. :nono:

some other dude

And tardlyartie, who's so ashamed of his belief system he fears sharing it, jumps in to defend barbie, the pedophile supporting, racist, lying Catholic
You really are one ranting idiot dude. Give it a rest for everyone's sake....

:plain:

:mock:artie, the pedophile supporter supporter

Last edited:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
It's actually okay to talk about a race of people if what you say is true.

You and someone else here thinks that way. And it lets you put people in nice little boxes, so that you don't have to treat them as individual people like you.

There are black people who can't jump, white people who can dance, and all the rest of that. Instead of trying to put people in boxes, just take them one at a time, and treat them all like people.

It would be a good first step to coming back to God. He says that sort of thing is how He will decide where you spend eternity.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barb, time for a Bible lesson--a lesson that you will never hear in a Catholic church.

One of the Ten Commandments is that you shall not bear false witness against your neighbor or brother.

You just broke it. That one gets a lot of mention in the Catholic Church.

Now does God permit anyone to lie. Yes. The midwives in Egypt lied to the Pharaoh to protect the male babies they were ordered to kill. God rewarded them with houses and kids and wealth.

Which is why someone's religion teaches that it's O.K. to lie about people if an advantage can be gained. So he doctored my statement, because he believes lying is O.K.

And if you were captured by an Arab terrorist and he asked you to denounce Jesus, you could cross your fingers, lie to him, and at the first chance, grab a gun and blow his head off.

Can't. I'm a Christian. I would have to witness that I was a Christian. There are worse things than being killed.

You can lie in this case.

If you're not a Christian, you can't. In the great persecutions, the gnostics went about telling people it was all right to lie to avoid persecution. "Just make the offering to the emperor, and they will leave you alone."

But thousands of Christians refused, and went to their deaths trusting God and His promises. Others were weak and followed the gnostics. I can see where you would have been.

Bible class is over.

The gnostics deleted the parts they didn't like, just as you do.

Last edited:

some other dude

You and someone else here thinks that way. And it lets you put people in nice little boxes, so that you don't have to treat them as individual people like you.

There are black people who can't jump, white people who can dance, and all the rest of that. Instead of trying to put people in boxes, just take them one at a time, and treat them all like people.

It would be a good first step to coming back to God. He says that sort of thing is how He will decide where you spend eternity.

Might be a good idea for you to stop saying "there's something wrong with black people as a race" then, um?

Arthur Brain

And tardlyartie, who's so ashamed of his belief system he fears sharing it, jumps in to defend barbie, the pedophile supporting, racist, lying Catholic

:mock:artie, the pedophile supporter supporter

Not ashamed at all dude. If you wanna know that much then start a thread about it and I'll share there where it would be relevant.

Barb doesn't need defending as you're simply acting like the same obnoxious plank dude, a cracked record who rants and foams at the mouth....

:yawn:

Arthur Brain

AB, you asked me to "cast my pearls." I will just as soon as I find out who and what your are, a "swine" a "Gentile dog," what?

Me thinks you're afeared to disclose your position.

Tom

No Tom, I didn't ask to 'cast your pearls'. I asked you to justify your utterly uncharitable attitude towards the needy and the ignorance of why you think you can arbitrarily judge such people, which you've completely ignored. My beliefs are not relevant but in the vain hopes of getting an actual proper answer here's a brief overview. I started going to church at 17, repented, asked God into my life, clashed with the evangelical teaching, left, and looked at more "unorthodox" theology through the years. That's as far as I'm going with that and if you wanna know more then start a thread on it or something and I'll respond there where it would be appropriate.

Now please answer my points.

TeeJay

=The Barbarian;2777663]You and someone else here thinks that way. And it lets you put people in nice little boxes, so that you don't have to treat them as individual people like you.

Barb,

Please put a warrning sign on top of future posts like this, so I can have something to barf into.

Tom

TeeJay

=The Barbarian;2777667]You just broke it. That one gets a lot of mention in the Catholic Church.

Which is why someone's religion teaches that it's O.K. to lie about people if an advantage can be gained. So he doctored my statement, because he believes lying is O.K.

Can't. I'm a Christian. I would have to witness that I was a Christian. There are worse things than being killed.

If you're not a Christian, you can't. In the great persecutions, the gnostics went about telling people it was all right to lie to avoid persecution. "Just make the offering to the emperor, and they will leave you alone."

But thousands of Christians refused, and went to their deaths trusting God and His promises. Others were weak and followed the gnostics. I can see where you would have been.

The gnostics deleted the parts they didn't like, just as you do.

Barb.,

That was a test to see if that anti-truth gene is still working. It is. You would argue with an axiom.

Tom

TeeJay

=Arthur Brain;2778378]No Tom, I didn't ask to 'cast your pearls'. I asked you to justify your utterly uncharitable attitude towards the needy and the ignorance of why you think you can arbitrarily judge such people, which you've completely ignored. My beliefs are not relevant but in the vain hopes of getting an actual proper answer here's a brief overview. I started going to church at 17, repented, asked God into my life, clashed with the evangelical teaching, left, and looked at more "unorthodox" theology through the years. That's as far as I'm going with that and if you wanna know more then start a thread on it or something and I'll respond there where it would be appropriate.

AB,

Your beliefs are very relevant. In an atheist worldview, you have no standing to judge any behavior right or wrong. "Other" is not a foundation either. Here's what I think. Me thinks you are a Mormon, and afraid to defend it.

Tom

Now please answer my points.[/QUOTE]

Arthur Brain

AB,

Your beliefs are very relevant. In an atheist worldview, you have no standing to judge any behavior right or wrong. "Other" is not a foundation either. Here's what I think. Me thinks you are a Mormon, and afraid to defend it.

Tom

Well considering I'm neither an atheist or a Mormon I have no need to defend against either unfounded assertion Tom. As before, if you want to know so much then start a thread about it or PM, instead of using it to deflect away from answering my questions on this one.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
That was a test to see if that anti-truth gene is still working. It is.

In other words, "if you disagree with Tom, you must be wrong." We understand that's your thinking. We just think it's funny.

You would argue with an axiom.

You argue with God. The latter seems like a bigger error to me, seeing as fallible humans make axioms.

As long as you reject His word, you'll be angry at those of us who accept it.