Rapture Ready

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I noticed an echo on page #9.
Did anyone else hear it?
Oh never mind, it didn't make any sense anyway.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I noticed an echo on page #9.
Did anyone else hear it?
Oh never mind, it didn't make any sense anyway.
You are going to have be more specific, since on my screen this thread is only up to page 4, since I have my options set to view 50 posts per page instead of the default 20.

DAN P

The Feast of Trumpets is shrouded in a mystery. It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. :think: The moon was concealed. The Jews needed two witnesses :Shimei: to attest to the fact that they'd seen a sliver of the moon. No one knew the day or the hour. :Shimei: The Feast of Trumpets is a high rapture watch day.

213.gif

Hi and your reply is the Book of the Revelation and it has ONLY to do with the PURGING OF THE NATION OF Israel , as well of the #666 , 2 Witness , the 144,000 , the Everlasting Gospel in 14:6 , SO make up something ELSE !!

dan p

Interplanner

We are not here to watch for a rapture. We are awaiting Christ. It's not the same thing. It is not healthy to give up on the battle that is before us in this life.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
We are not here to watch for a rapture. We are awaiting Christ. It's not the same thing. It is not healthy to give up on the battle that is before us in this life.

So, you disagree with Paul that we should comfort one another with these words:

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
We are not here to watch for a rapture. We are awaiting Christ.
He meets us in the air (1 Thess 4:17). What's the difference? Lk 21:34, 1 Thess 5:4, Am 3:7

It's not the same thing. It is not healthy to give up on the battle that is before us in this life.
We eagerly look forward to his appearing (2 Ti 4:8). Do you? Or, do you prefer this world? 1 Jn 2:15 I hope you eagerly look forward to his appearing. If you don't--red flag!

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
So, you disagree with Paul that we should comfort one another with these words:

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
Pre-trib is comforting. :jump: Mid-trib, post-trib, (Jesus a wife-beater)--that's not comforting. :granite:

Interplanner

He meets us in the air (1 Thess 4:17). What's the difference? Lk 21:34, 1 Thess 5:4, Am 3:7

We eagerly look forward to his appearing (2 Ti 4:8). Do you? Or, do you prefer this world? 1 Jn 2:15 I hope you eagerly look forward to his appearing. If you don't--red flag!

Most people who are obsessed with the rapture (mentioned on a few times in the NT) are escapist, and think Christian faith is escapist. Go spend a week at PragerU.com and get involved in actually stopping dictatorial government here in the US, and then if you need those few rapture verses, OK. But right now: you don't have any credibility.

To await Christ is not the same as to escape our job here. To work on our job here is not "preferring this world". it is war!

Danoh

More of your store bought dumbed down wisdom of men...

Awaiting Christ is the very basis that not giving up the battle in this life is based on.

Colossians 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: 3:6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience: 3:7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them. 3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

Duh-uh...

Interplanner

Where is the appetite to counter the enemies of freedom and liberty now? The rapture is not escapism. Paul made blistering attack on the people there at thess who would not work to pay bills and buy food, right? You don't know your settings or backgrounds.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Most people who are obsessed with the rapture (mentioned on a few times...
Start with Exodus--and all over the rest of scripture from there :dizzy: for those with spiritual eyes and ears.

...are escapist...
:yawn: That's the plan (1 Thess. 4:16, 17). :juggle: You lovin' this world and the things in it? :Shimei: 1 Jn 2:15

...and think Christian faith is escapist.
Escape :idunno: Reward for faithfulness Re 2:23

...Go spend a week at PragerU.com...
Prager wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on his back parts. :rolleyes:

...and get involved in actually stopping dictatorial government...
The bible makes it clear--this world will get worse :straight: before it gets better. Part of making it better is removing the infestation which inhabits it (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10, Mt 24:41). Even Prager
Smiley_blind.gif
can understand that. He was pro-flood. :surf:

...[Y]ou don't have any credibility.
:yawn: Poisoning the well Eph 4:14
To await Christ is not the same as to escape our job here.
:idunno: Who's not working? :noway: Mt 24:46

To work on our job here is not "preferring this world".
Don't hate us because we're :skeptic: going in the rapture (1 Cor. 15:51–53). :rapture: You, too, could love his appearing (2 Ti 4:8).

Danoh

Where is the appetite to counter the enemies of freedom and liberty now? The rapture is not escapism. Paul made blistering attack on the people there at thess who would not work to pay bills and buy food, right? You don't know your settings or backgrounds.

I am more aware of the overall narrative of Scripture than you will ever be.

And the fact is that in Scripture; people are people. Some motivated by grace, others not.

Duh-uh.

Interplanner

Good for you if you have. Hope you're buying ticket gifts to HILARY'S AMERICA and sending the PragerU link around to friends and contacts.

the thing Paul said there was simply to show them that the already-dead believers would get to Christ differently than those alive at the end, and that there was a degree of protection from the son of perdition, in the event known as the destruction of Jerusalem. That route of meeting Christ is a tiny fraction of meeting Christ, but to listen to most modern christians talk, you'd think the neat thing was the route--the transport--the dematerialization. Not Christ himself.

"It is a huge mistake to take God's gifts and rob him of his glory" --Luther

Danoh

Good for you if you have. Hope you're buying ticket gifts to HILARY'S AMERICA and sending the PragerU link around to friends and contacts.

the thing Paul said there was simply to show them that the already-dead believers would get to Christ differently than those alive at the end, and that there was a degree of protection from the son of perdition, in the event known as the destruction of Jerusalem. That route of meeting Christ is a tiny fraction of meeting Christ, but to listen to most modern christians talk, you'd think the neat thing was the route--the transport--the dematerialization. Not Christ himself.

"It is a huge mistake to take God's gifts and rob him of his glory" --Luther

You bookworm, you :chuckle:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Why would I do that--so I can hold their hands on their way to hell? :burnlib: 1 Co 6:9-10. Shall I start a new PU thread?
foul%20spirit03460376937465u9.JPG
Prager thinks he’s a good man (Ro 3:12). :eek: Prager thinks he’s done good things for the world (Ro 1:32). What Prager really does during his happenstance hour :freak: and male/female :banana: hour is try to help people feel cozy in their sin. :reals: Prager loves his dirty diapers and he hopes you're enjoying yours, too (Is 61:10, Col 3:9).

"Sometimes we must comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable." ~ David Jeremiah

…to listen to most modern christians talk, you'd think the neat thing was the route--the transport--the dematerialization. Not Christ himself.
Who wouldn't love a good Six Flags ride into the air without a seatbelt? 1 Thess. 4:16, 17 :rapture: Not so filled with love at the thought of his appearing? :Shimei: 2 Ti 4:8, Heb 10:27
smiley438.gif

"It is a huge mistake to take God's gifts and rob him of his glory" -- Luther
:yawn: We love his appearing (2 Ti 4:8). :straight: We live to glorify him. You're Lot's wife too in love with Sodom. :banana:

Interplanner

Why would I do that--so I can hold their hands on their way to hell? :burnlib: 1 Co 6:9-10. Shall I start a new PU thread?
foul%20spirit03460376937465u9.JPG
Prager thinks he’s a good man (Ro 3:12). :eek: Prager thinks he’s done good things for the world (Ro 1:32). What Prager really does during his happenstance hour :freak: and male/female :banana: hour is try to help people feel cozy in their sin. :reals: Prager loves his dirty diapers and he hopes you're enjoying yours, too (Is 61:10, Col 3:9).

"Sometimes we must comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable." ~ David Jeremiah

Who wouldn't love a good Six Flags ride into the air without a seatbelt? 1 Thess. 4:16, 17 :rapture: Not so filled with love at the thought of his appearing? :Shimei: 2 Ti 4:8, Heb 10:27
smiley438.gif

:yawn: We love his appearing (2 Ti 4:8). :straight: We live to glorify him. You're Lot's wife too in love with Sodom. :banana:

You are otherworldly, and I don't see that in true Christian faith. Look at the impact the church is to have on society in eph 4 for ex. Or Paul in Acts 26.

btw, Prager has plenty on human evil. He did not miss that unit. Only this week did he explain once again that parent that does not teach kids they have to battle themselves (the evil in themselves, not the 'environment') is worthless.

There is no general escape this world mentality in the NT; the Christian mission is here to see the world turned upside down, and no part of the message fails to be subversive.

You have decided to take one minor aspect of the 2nd coming and distort the very fiber of the thing.

All those who await the 2nd coming, who want to see Christ, have a deep yearning for all society to be righteous and self-controlled as well.

The passage in question, in Thess, only had to do with one nasty character in Judaism at the end of its cycle.