Rapture Ready

Interplanner

:chuckle:

Believe the prophets.

That's not the question. whenever "Israel" is said to be "restored" the Spirit of God is there, being poured out, filling the people with his words. Go look at 1948 or 1967 and you won't find a 'Pentecost' type of outreach to the nations.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
The 'Rapture' is mostly new age wishful thinking, which has led to nothing but false prophets and Christians making fools of themselves.

When the End Times approach, ever Christian worth their salt will know it- and one would be wise not to go off into the hills looking for a clear spot to assume upward :rolleyes:

Correct. The Rapture, as believed by some protestants, is a tradition of men that nullifies the word of God.

Having said that, we Catholics certainly believe that the event of our gathering together to be with Christ will take place, though we do not generally use the word "rapture" to refer to this event. Its somewhat ironic, since the term "rapture" is derived from the text of the Latin Vulgate of 1 Thess. 4:17 — "we will be caught up" - Latin: rapiemur.

It is the whole Left Behind scenario that is a bunch of malarky. I suggest reading this: LINK.

That's not the question. whenever "Israel" is said to be "restored" the Spirit of God is there, being poured out, filling the people with his words. Go look at 1948 or 1967 and you won't find a 'Pentecost' type of outreach to the nations.

The Church is the News Israel according to the Bible.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Correct. The Rapture, as believed by some protestants, is a tradition of men that nullifies the word of God.

Having said that, we Catholics certainly believe that the event of our gathering together to be with Christ will take place, though we do not generally use the word "rapture" to refer to this event. Its somewhat ironic, since the term "rapture" is derived from the text of the Latin Vulgate of 1 Thess. 4:17 — "we will be caught up" - Latin: rapiemur.

It is the whole Left Behind scenario that is a bunch of malarky. I suggest reading this: LINK.

The Church is the News Israel according to the Bible.

I don't think so.

Interplanner

Worthless answer. It has nothing to do with 'eschatology timeslots.' It is exists now, Rom 9 and is all those who have faith in Christ and love his Gospel.

This is why Paul did not speak of anything beyond the coming and sacrifice of Christ and that it would be preached to the nations. That is all Moses and the Prophets are about, Acts 26. We are not to go beyond that (I assume he means if the issue is Israel's purpose or destiny).

SaulToPaul 2

Worthless answer. It has nothing to do with 'eschatology timeslots.' It is exists now, Rom 9 and is all those who have faith in Christ and love his Gospel.

This is why Paul did not speak of anything beyond the coming and sacrifice of Christ and that it would be preached to the nations. That is all Moses and the Prophets are about, Acts 26. We are not to go beyond that (I assume he means if the issue is Israel's purpose or destiny).

:chuckle:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Colossians 1 totally destroys you -