Hall of Fame
protecting the child

we can all agree that this is a worthy goal
protecting those who cannot protect themselves

the child is our future
the state understands that
so
the state should do whatever it can to protect the child

what can the state do to protect the child?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
would you agree
keeping mommy and daddy together is a good thing?
and
don't you think the kid would like it
if
one of them stayed home to take care of them?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sure, in a perfect world that would be absolutely spiffy.

Do you believe that a child would prefer to live on the street and go without enough food and wear rags to school because dad works at Walmart for $7.50 an hour, 25 hours a week and forbids mom from working?

Do you believe a child prefers to view constant mayhem that includes emotional/verbal/physical abuse, cheating, drugs and alcohol from one parent while the other parent condones it?

Keeping a child in the middle of that type situation is not protection. It's emotional abuse. Too bad you still don't get that ...

The glove you are promoting is not a *one size fits all*.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
would you agree
keeping mommy and daddy together is a good thing?
and
don't you think the kid would like it
if
one of them stayed home to take care of them?

I think if we leaned to live humbly we can live with one income. There are so many people living in poverty in the world.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think if we leaned to live humbly we can live with one income. There are so many people living in poverty in the world.

There's nothing wrong with living on a modest income as long as the environment the children are in is loving and peaceful.

However, if one of the parents is causing constant chaos that adversely affect the children, keeping them in that environment is not protecting them.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
There's nothing wrong with living on a modest income as long as the environment the children are in is loving and peaceful.

However, if one of the parents is causing constant chaos that adversely affect the children, keeping them in that environment is not protecting them.

I agree, but the government help those single parents?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree, but the government help those single parents?

It's limited, insofar as temporary assistance with job training/placement, schooling, daycare, etc.

The goal is to make the parent self-sufficient so they can provide for themselves and the children without relying on assistance.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
My mother-in-law was a single mother of three and stayed at home to take care of her children. Of course it was poverty level in US standard but she did it.

The government help those single parent anymore?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My mother-in-law was a single mother of three and stayed at home to take care of her children. Of course it was poverty level in US standard but she did it.

The government help those single parent anymore?

I would assume they would give limited help with food, shelter and medical for a limited amount of time.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I would assume they would give limited help with food, shelter and medical for a limited amount of time.

It was not luxurious living but she devoted her time for the kids. The only one bad thing was that she could not forgive her husband who abandoned them. and the family lived in bitter atmosphere.

I think they did just fine materially. And again, it was obvious of their poverty level.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It was not luxurious living but she devoted her time for the kids. The only one bad thing was that she could not forgive her husband who abandoned them. and the family lived in bitter atmosphere.

I think they did just fine materially. And again, it was obvious of their poverty level.

Animosity between two parents is always bad for the children. One of the rules I made during and AFTER my divorce was that my family and friends were forbidden from ever badmouthing my ex-husband,.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Animosity between two parents is always bad for the children. One of the rules I made during and AFTER my divorce was that my family and friends were forbidden from ever badmouthing my ex-husband,.

when parent or parents are holding grudge it is not going to help children even if she had a good job supporting the family.

It is completely separate issue.

whitestone

Now it is becoming politics and complicated.

I am out of here.

thanks for the chat.

thats the American way,,,"sit on the couch in the a.c.,,,when they show the reality on the t.v.,,,,pick up the t.v. selector and change the channel",,,,,"wow,your a good American",,,,,,,

meshak

BANNED
Banned
thats the American way,,,"sit on the couch in the a.c.,,,when they show the reality on the t.v.,,,,pick up the t.v. selector and change the channel",,,,,"wow,your a good American",,,,,,,

I have seen Americans living in the luxurious ways everywhere. It seems it is time to pay the consequences as a whole.

we pay what we sow.

I am sorry.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I think it is time to do something about our standard of living and help those who cannot provide themselves.

It is time to use everyone's money, tax, to pay the consequences.

whitestone

I have seen Americans living in the luxurious ways everywhere. It seems it is time to pay the consequences as a whole.

we pay what we sow.

I am sorry.

"we pay what we sow"????,,,you on one thread,I.e."weaning depression meds.",,,go on and on and on about how you were raised malnourished,neglected ect.ect.,,,,and we show you tent cities in the u.s. and you "dig in your nose and flip boogers at us????",,,,wow meshak we pitied you on your thread,,,,and "WE PAY WHAT WE SO"???????