ECT Proper Understanding of Romans 11

Danoh

When did I ever say Peter was not being corrected or that he was not confused? What in the world. What do you think the plain meaning of Gal 2 is: Paul confronted him!

Way off.

You believe Peter was being corrected in both Acts 10 and Gal. 2.

True as to Gal. 2.

Not true as to Acts 10.

There, he was neither wrong, nor being corrected.

Rather, he was thrown off by the change in their mission from Israel first and then the Gentiles, to Gentiles being blessed before Israel.

This, towards his later, Acts 15, confirming witness of the validity of Paul's preaching among the Gentiles, not only before Israel's Prophesied Fulness, before Gentile blessing, but of this Gentile blessing without Circumcision and the Law..

But, as I've already noted; that neither matches your understanding nor will you bother to look into it, Acts, 17:11.

Danoh

Thank you for noting that we take scripture seriously, far more seriously than the average Christian.

A few Christians are serious Bible students, the rest seem to just take everyone else's word instead of studying for themselves.

A lot of people walked away from Moses, Jeremiah, the apostles Peter and Paul and Jesus Christ and many other top notch believers thinking they were a first rate heresy.

So be it.

The Holy Spirit is another name or title (among many, many others) that God gives to himself to teach believers who He is.

God is holy and God is spirit, thus the name/title the Holy Spirit is the logical result.

But this thread is not about me, it is about Romans 11, which is not about Christianity, but is addressed to and about Judeans first and later Gentiles.

Read this when you have some time:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4472106#post4472106

Wick Stick

This is impressive laziness.

Not only did you link to another post (without any commentary, even) in order to create this, but that other post consists mainly of links to other articles.

Well done! You should be a programmer!

Danoh

This is impressive laziness.

Not only did you link to another post (without any commentary, even) in order to create this, but that other post consists mainly of links to other articles.

Well done! You should be a programmer!

My own studies agree with those articles; why do what someone else has already done - laid out what I would have, had I not been aware of those three articles; duh.

Lol, what; are you new here; I've laid out plenty of subjects on my own, and in depth :chuckle:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 11

11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles.

This is MAD in one verse.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Romans 11

11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles.

This is MAD in one verse.

Yeah we see what happened to some of those guys......

13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying , We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth .

14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva *, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.

15 And the evil spirit answered and said , Jesus I know , and Paul I know ; but who are ye?

16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded .

17 And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified .

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

SaulToPaul 2

Yeah we see what happened to some of those guys......

13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying , We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth .

14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva *, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.

15 And the evil spirit answered and said , Jesus I know , and Paul I know ; but who are ye?

16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded .

17 And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified .

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Far ouuuuuut, duuuuude

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Maybe, cause Paul was a Jew

Correct, you're making my point.

Romans 11 King James Version (KJV)

11 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

Notice Paul says "I ALSO am an Israelite".

If Paul was referring to Jews, he wouldn't have said what he said.

The Jews were never "cut off". The Jews were never cast away.

Paul references Elijah because Elijah was NOT a Jew. Elijah was an Israelite from the 10 Northern tribes, they were the only Israelites God ever "cut off", and cast away.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No he isn't you buffoon. All of Israel shall be saved is both houses, as told by Ezekiel. The two shall become one again and never separated. This has not happened.

The "all Israel shall be saved" is speaking of the resurrection of the elect of true Israel only.

Though it is true that their mortal children will be saved from destruction at that time, where the children have faith in Christ and are from all nations regardless of flesh descendancy..(the great multitude of Rev.ch 7.)

The endtime new believers are the children of the Bride.

You seem be not of either.

Read Isaiah ch 49. You do not exist.

LA

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No he isn't you buffoon. All of Israel shall be saved is both houses, as told by Ezekiel. The two shall become one again and never separated. This has not happened.

Both houses were joined when Jesus made the New Covenant with His shed blood.

Do you deny that Jesus made the New Covenant with His shed blood?

(Matt 26:28) for this is my blood, which confirms the covenant between God and his people. It is poured out as a sacrifice to forgive the sins of many.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The "all Israel shall be saved" is speaking of the resurrection of the elect of true Israel only.

Ezekiel 37

11 Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They indeed say, ‘Our bones are dry, our hope is lost, and we ourselves are cut off!’ 12 Therefore prophesy and say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Behold, O My people, I will open your graves and cause you to come up from your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13 Then you shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves. 14 I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the Lord, have spoken it and performed it,” says the Lord.’”.....21 “Then say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Surely I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, wherever they have gone, and will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land; 22 and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king over them all; they shall no longer be two nations, nor shall they ever be divided into two kingdoms again. 23 They shall not defile themselves anymore with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions; but I will deliver them from all their dwelling places in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them. Then they shall be My people, and I will be their God.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Did I ever say that?

You agreed with Nick when he said the joining of the two houses of Israel is a future event.

The old testament is pretty clear that the two houses of Israel (Israel & Judah) are joined when the New Covenant is made.

Nick says it didn't happen yet. Nick denies the New Covenant is in place today.

So, I will ask you the same question: Do you deny the New Covenant was made with the shed blood of Jesus?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ezekiel 37

11 Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They indeed say, ‘Our bones are dry, our hope is lost, and we ourselves are cut off!’ 12 Therefore prophesy and say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Behold, O My people, I will open your graves and cause you to come up from your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13 Then you shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves. 14 I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the Lord, have spoken it and performed it,” says the Lord.’”.....21 “Then say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Surely I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, wherever they have gone, and will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land; 22 and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king over them all; they shall no longer be two nations, nor shall they ever be divided into two kingdoms again. 23 They shall not defile themselves anymore with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions; but I will deliver them from all their dwelling places in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them. Then they shall be My people, and I will be their God.

1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.