Pops refutes the biblical concept of the Trinity

popsthebuilder

Jesus' reply was to a scribe...i.e. someone who knows the Hebrew scriptures of the OT.

Jesus references Deut 6.4- 5 which, in the Hebrew, declares the following...

•Tetragrammaton = singular
•Elohim = Plural
•Echad = one unity
•The juxtaposed words…Tetragrammaton, Elohim, Tetragrammaton, Echad
•God is referred to not once, not twice, but three times
•Singular, Plural, Singular
•These three elements form one unity
•Singular = Plural
•Plural = Singular
•God = Gods
•God is clearly singular
•God is clearly plural
•God is Uniplural
Who is denying GOD is all pervading and can be expressed as a plurality? Not me.

Who is insisting it must affirm the trinitarian doctrine of coeternal son? You.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Indeed.

Anyone stridently denying the Triune Godhead has no Biblical warrant to claim the label "Christian". They have bought "Jesus" the man, but denied "Christ", the God-man. These persons should never be allowed to use "Jesus Christ" when speaking of Our Savior.

No matter how lachrymose or pleading their claims to be "followers of Jesus Christ" may be, their willful denial of exactly who He is, leaves them in their sins and forthcoming eternal damnation.

AMR
Lol

May GOD have mercy on your soul.

popsthebuilder

She was judging me for judging. That makes her a hypocrite.
Seemed to me she was only asking what athority you had to judge. Which is what you were doing; judging. Her question doesn't make her a hypocrite. Her claiming you are judging is simply a true statement. She seems to be speaking against judging the individual without evidentiary works, which isn't hypocrisy.

marhig

Indeed.

Anyone stridently denying the Triune Godhead has no Biblical warrant to claim the label "Christian". They have bought "Jesus" the man, but denied "Christ", the God-man. These persons should never be allowed to use "Jesus Christ" when speaking of Our Savior.

No matter how lachrymose or pleading their claims to be "followers of Jesus Christ" may be, their willful denial of exactly who He is, leaves them in their sins and forthcoming eternal damnation.

AMR
Can you show me where it says in the Bible that believing in the trinity is a condition of salvation? Thanks

marhig

And who made you the judge of His followers?
Those who truly follow Christ are those who live by the will of God! Saying "I believe" isn't enough, we are to be doers of the word!

Luke 11

But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it

Colossians 3

And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

We are not only to hear the truth of the word, but live by the truth, live by the word, live by the gospel that Jesus and his apostles taught and by the word within as we walk in the Spirit, being washed clean by the water of the word, made clean through Christ by the power of the Spirit, as we walk the the new and living way of Christ Jesus. His gospel is based on love and peace. And with it comes a sword of truth that penetrates the heart. And those who are of the truth hear his voice and live by his word, which is the word of God by which Jesus himself lived by as he came to do the will of him that sent him, God the father who is his father and his God!

Apple7

Can you show me where it says in the Bible that believing in the trinity is a condition of salvation? Thanks

Of course.

Example #1:

Because if you confess the Lord Jesus with your mouth, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10.9)

Who raised Jesus from the dead?

• God the Father… Acts 3.26; Eph 1.15-20; Gal 1.1; 1 Thes 1.9-10
• God the Son…John 2.19-22; 10.17-18; Romans 6.4
• God the Spirit…Romans 8.11; 1 Peter 3.18
• The Trinity…Romans 10.9; Peter 1.20-21; Hebrews 13.20-21; 1 Cor 6.14; Col 2.11-12; Acts 2.23-24; 2.32; 3.14-15; 13.30-37

Thus…you will be saved if you believe in The Triune God, as revealed in scripture.

Simple, Biblical truth.

popsthebuilder

Talk to scripture, and not to your smart phone...
Cute; how much do you study the written word a day? How is it that you think I do not study it, perhaps as much or more than you? As usual; your entire view seems based on presupposition.

Apple7

Cute; how much do you study the written word a day? How is it that you think I do not study it, perhaps as much or more than you? As usual; your entire view seems based on presupposition.

I study several hours each day.

In total, over the past quarter century, I would estimate tens of thousands of dedicated study hours with the original languages.

Yourself?

popsthebuilder

I study several hours each day.

In total, over the past quarter century, I would estimate tens of thousands of dedicated study hours with the original languages.

Yourself?
It varies at times. I catch myself having been caught up in scripture for hours on end at times. Other times it is relatively short readings maybe a chapter or two. I often read very much throughout my day. Some days I may not read too much. My study spans many hours a day generally, but not always, and not always in long sittings. I believe we never stop learning and that we shouldn't stop studying because we have already come to a conclusion either.

Apple7

It varies at times. I catch myself having been caught up in scripture for hours on end at times. Other times it is relatively short readings maybe a chapter or two. I often read very much throughout my day. Some days I may not read too much. My study spans many hours a day generally, but not always, and not always in long sittings. I believe we never stop learning and that we shouldn't stop studying because we have already come to a conclusion either.

Keep studying...but you are still on milk...

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's because you're looking at it wrong.

Jesus is not "200% being." :mock:

He is 1 Person, who has 2 natures. Humans only have 1 nature, man. The Father has had, has, and always will have 1 nature, God. The Holy Ghost has had, has, and always will have 1 nature, God. The Son (Jesus, the Word) had 1 nature, God, but then gained another nature at the incarnation, man, and now will always have 2 natures, for the rest of eternity.

Correct.

Gotquestions.org.

Question: "What is the hypostatic union?"

Answer: The hypostatic union is the term used to describe how God the Son, Jesus Christ, took on a human nature, yet remained fully God at the same time. Jesus always had been God (John 8:58, 10:30), but at the incarnation Jesus became a human being (John 1:14). The addition of the human nature to the divine nature is Jesus, the God-man. This is the hypostatic union, Jesus Christ, one Person, fully God and fully man.

Jesus' two natures, human and divine, are inseparable. Jesus will forever be the God-man, fully God and fully human, two distinct natures in one Person. Jesus' humanity and divinity are not mixed, but are united without loss of separate identity. Jesus sometimes operated with the limitations of humanity (John 4:6, 19:28) and other times in the power of His deity (John 11:43; Matthew 14:18-21). In both, Jesus' actions were from His one Person. Jesus had two natures, but only one personality.

The doctrine of the hypostatic union is an attempt to explain how Jesus could be both God and man at the same time. It is ultimately, though, a doctrine we are incapable of fully understanding. It is impossible for us to fully understand how God works. We, as human beings with finite minds, should not expect to totally comprehend an infinite God. Jesus is God’s Son in that He was conceived by the Holy Spirit (Luke 1:35). But that does not mean Jesus did not exist before He was conceived. Jesus has always existed (John 8:58, 10:30). When Jesus was conceived, He became a human being in addition to being God (John 1:1, 14).

Jesus is both God and man. Jesus has always been God, but He did not become a human being until He was conceived in Mary. Jesus became a human being in order to identify with us in our struggles (Hebrews 2:17) and, more importantly, so that He could die on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins (Philippians 2:5-11). In summary, the hypostatic union teaches that Jesus is both fully human and fully divine, that there is no mixture or dilution of either nature, and that He is one united Person, forever.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Of course.

Example #1:

Because if you confess the Lord Jesus with your mouth, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10.9)

Who raised Jesus from the dead?

• God the Father… Acts 3.26; Eph 1.15-20; Gal 1.1; 1 Thes 1.9-10
• God the Son…John 2.19-22; 10.17-18; Romans 6.4
• God the Spirit…Romans 8.11; 1 Peter 3.18
• The Trinity…Romans 10.9; Peter 1.20-21; Hebrews 13.20-21; 1 Cor 6.14; Col 2.11-12; Acts 2.23-24; 2.32; 3.14-15; 13.30-37

Thus…you will be saved if you believe in The Triune God, as revealed in scripture.

Simple, Biblical truth.

All those verses do not say anything about the trinity. You are distorting and twisting what it says.