Pope says church should ask forgiveness from Sodomites for past treatment

eider

Nope. Individuals should apologize for their own, specific actions that they repent of.
But you take individual homosexual's crimes and attribute these to all homosexcuals, don't you?
If I'm right, then you might need to apologisde for your individual prejudice and bigotry, yes?

This moron saying that Christians should apologize to homos is utterly un-Christ-like.
You can't have studied Jesus's life and vocation. He never ever abused a homosexual. In fact, the only people that Jesus abused were Temple Traders.
If you are a Christian you would never call anybody a moron, would you?

Wow....... if I'm right, your apology-list is huge, isn't it?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Sex between same genders is a sin. There should be no apology for recognizing it as such.

Sodomites defend Sodomites (Ro 1:32).

The wickedness of Sodom ([Ex 20:14]
stripper.gif
heterosexual [Lev. 20:10–12] or homosexual [Lev. 20:10,13]) was notorious (Gen. 13:13).

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But you take individual homosexual's crimes and attribute these to all homosexcuals, don't you?
Nope, but nice use of the tu quoque fallacy. You've tacitly conceded that my characterization of what this pope thing said was accurate. :up:

If I'm right, then you might need to apologisde for your individual prejudice and bigotry, yes?
Depends.

You can't have studied Jesus's life and vocation. He never ever abused a homosexual.
It's homos that abuse homos.

And this rant has nothing to do with what I said. A non sequitur to add to your fallacy count.

If you are a Christian you would never call anybody a moron, would you?
Why not?

That's exactly what the Pope was saying.
:darwinsm:

Was it encoded?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"The questions is: if a person who has that condition, who has good will, and who looks for God, who are we to judge?"

We'll, for a start, you're the pope. :doh:

Cruciform

"The questions is: if a person who has that condition, who has good will, and who looks for God, who are we to judge?" We'll, for a start, you're the pope. :doh:
Now go ahead and explain the context in which the Pope was speaking, and the specific situation he was addressing when he said those words.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Now go ahead and explain the context in which the Pope was speaking, and the specific situation he was addressing when he said those words.[/FONT]

The story doesn't say. However, it is hardly needed. He is called on to judge what he sees, not pretend he can read hearts and minds.

Cruciform

The story doesn't say.
That's what I thought. So you really have no idea whatsoever what you're talking about when you parrot a few of the Pope's words entirely without context as though you're some sort of self-styled expert on papal doctrine. Don't even bother. You're just embarrassing yourself.

However, it is hardly needed.
Literary context is irrelevant, says Stripe. That explains so very much.