Political Pope

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It just seems hypocritical to me for him to be criticizing Trump for wanting to build a wall, when there is a huge wall around the Vatican to keep people out. Go figure.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
People already tried that approach before Kennedy was elected. It was a silly argument then and it's not any better now.

The fact is that the Pope isn't commanding American Catholics on the point and isn't trying to...he's speaking his mind and Catholics will do the same thing that Protestants do about it, which is make up their own minds.

:think:

Pope Francis has called on Catholic leaders to seek a ban on the death penalty.... He said: 'I appeal to the consciences of those who govern to reach an international consensus to abolish the death penalty.

well, how about that

musterion

It just seems hypocritical to me for him to be criticizing Trump for wanting to build a wall, when there is a huge wall around the Vatican to keep people out. Go figure.

The RCC does not love the poor like it tells poor people to love the poor.

musterion

musterion

The "WALL" around the Vatican was built around 847, after the Saracens pillaged the Basillica. Hmmm, seems reasonable. So the wall is now a historical edifice….

AMDG

Tear it down.

House the poor in the cavernous, climate controlled Vatican.

ok doser

there's all sorts of walls:
The only way to become a citizen is for the King of Vatican City to appoint you as one. And the King only appoints you a citizen if you work for the Pope -- who is also the King.

And because the King is all-powerful your citizenship is at his whim. If you quit your job for the Pope, the King -- who is also the pope -- will revoke your citizenship.

https://www.quora.com/How-does-one-become-a-citizen-of-Vatican-City

ok doser

looks like a wall to me :idunno:

benit0190s.jpg

img_2581.jpg

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
do you think that trump is proposing a wall that will keep everybody out? :darwinsm:

:mock: annabanahead, who can't tell the difference between illegal immigration and invited guests

sod, who tries to compare the administration of a city-state with Trump's Mexico wall and then when that doesn't work, can't figure out how to explain how a couple million people managed to get themselves inside a walled city...and when that doesn't work, goes for plan c, which yeah, plan c was funny. I laughed. :chuckle: