Political Pope

6days

Should the Pope interject his opinions into the American election? Although not Catholic, I think he is justified in trying to influence who people vote for. (And..... I think I disagree with the Pope about "walls". Didn't God help Nehemiah with a wall? Does the Vatican have walls to keep outsiders out?)

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Should the Pope interject his opinions into the American election?

Let me think about that..
how about no.

America has never been in the business of giving one care about what the Pope says.

We're a Protestant country.

And
Everything the Pope does is for the Catholic Church. Against the U.S. and it's plans for border control? It's because the continent south of us is straight up Catholic. Against guns? Because we're Protestants with power.

The Pope has outright called us orphans from Mary and that our beliefs are dangerous outside of their communion.
Forget all that noise- they can go run their game somewhere else.

glorydaz

Has the Pope turned Trump into a martyr? ;)

I'm sure his intentions were good. And, he had some "if's" in his statement, too. This has certainly been a strange election cycle, though, and it just keeps getting stranger by the day.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Has the Pope turned Trump into a martyr?

The RCC gets drunk on martyrs :rolleyes:

People against Trump are making the grave mistake of going about him like he's stupid. Trump is experienced and calculated- I enjoy watching them walk right into the pit Trump made, right in front of their face, to fall into :chuckle:
That's how systematic all that PC nonsense is- a train with no brakes, but one mean engine!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Should the Pope interject his opinions into the American election?
We have foreigners talking about our politics all the time.

Although not Catholic, I think he is justified in trying to influence who people vote for. (And..... I think I disagree with the Pope about "walls". Didn't God help Nehemiah with a wall? Does the Vatican have walls to keep outsiders out?)
The Vatican walls were put up around 850 after Saracen pirates damaged St. Peters. A lot of places put up walls back then. It wasn't about immigration...unless you take a creative view. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
foreigners who are the head of an organization that 22% of americans belong to and from whom they take their marching orders?

do tell
People already tried that approach before Kennedy was elected. It was a silly argument then and it's not any better now.

The fact is that the Pope isn't commanding American Catholics on the point and isn't trying to...he's speaking his mind and Catholics will do the same thing that Protestants do about it, which is make up their own minds.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
People already tried that approach before Kennedy was elected. It was a silly argument then and it's not any better now.

The fact is that the Pope isn't commanding American Catholics on the point and isn't trying to...he's speaking his mind and Catholics will do the same thing that Protestants do about it, which is make up their own minds.

so you're saying that the pope doesn't influence the decisions of his flock?

well, isn't that just adorable? :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
which is a diversion and not an answer

good one! :thumb:
You already got more traction than the Kennedy approach deserved. It was toothless then and its toothless now. Your alteration of it to the more reasonable influence line is supposed to mean what? The Pope's opinion is influential? :shocked: Stop the presses! :rolleyes:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I like this former bar bouncer and newly elected Pope, but he's turning out to be a typical Leftist hypocrite. He looks down on the idea of building walls on borders and scolds capitalist while living in lavish appointments behind walls in the most restrictive immigration nation on earth!

This Charming Manc

hmmmm .. my experiencing of the Vatican is unfettered access across the borders, whats yours?

Obviously buildings are not free to enter but its much freer to enter than windsor castle which is about the same size.

Anyway what did you expect this pope to do about walls erected 1200 years ago?

I like this former bar bouncer and newly elected Pope, but he's turning out to be a typical Leftist hypocrite. He looks down on the idea of building walls on borders and scolds capitalist while living in lavish appointments behind walls in the most restrictive immigration nation on earth!

brewmama

hmmmm .. my experiencing of the Vatican is unfettered access across the borders, whats yours?

Obviously buildings are not free to enter but its much freer to enter than windsor castle which is about the same size.

Anyway what did you expect this pope to do about walls erected 1200 years ago?

Seriously? If he's going to lecture that walls are bad, he should tear them down.