ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Right Divider

Body part
How do YOU EVER get that Jesus dying for us means OBEYING his words are worthless?
Once again you TWIST what I say.
For the MILLIONTH TIME, you don't get SAVED by obedience. It's BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH.

Obedience is CLEARLY a "work of righteousness" and THAT will NEVER save you.

Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

God's Truth

Once again you TWIST what I say.
For the MILLIONTH TIME, you don't get SAVED by obedience. It's BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH.

Obedience is CLEARLY a "work of righteousness" and THAT will NEVER save you.

Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The works that do not save are the ceremonial works.

Jesus saves us all on his own and he chooses to save those that obey.

Right Divider

Body part
Prove it.

Prove it.

What part of "NOT OF YOURSELVES" to have a problem understanding?

You're a busy-body that causes nothing but problems for believers here on TOL!

P.S. The BIBLE says that Christ died for the UNGODLY (Rom 5:6). That doesn't sound like He picked obeyers.

God's Truth

Originally Posted by God's Truth
Prove it.

I am so glad that you asked this. I will prove it.

Whenever Paul speaks of not of by works, it is CIRCUMCISION that he is referring to. Circumcision is the symbol of the purification/ceremonial works.

Originally Posted by God's Truth
Prove it.
Easily I will prove it.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

What part of "NOT OF YOURSELVES" to have a problem understanding?
Not of yourselves, this means no one can clean themselves anymore to come before God. All must be cleaned by Jesus’ blood.
You're a busy-body that causes nothing but problems for believers here on TOL!

P.S. The BIBLE says that Christ died for the UNGODLY (Rom 5:6). That doesn't sound like He picked obeyers.

Christ died for the ungodly…who were the ungodly? The ungodly were the Gentiles who did not obey God and get circumcised. They were ungodly.
Paul is explaining that Jesus died for the ungodly, uncircumcised Gentiles, and did NOT make them get circumcised before he would save them.
Read this scripture carefully. Read where it says they [THE GENTILES] were DEAD in their sins---in the UNcircumcision of the flesh.
Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Right Divider

Body part

Whenever Paul speaks of not of by works, it is CIRCUMCISION that he is referring to. Circumcision is the symbol of the purification/ceremonial works.
You just continue to amaze me with the way that you torture and twist the scripture to make (not really, but ATTEMPT to make) the scripture fit your distorted and ridiculous "story".

Do you really expect us to believe that CIRCUMCISION is the ONLY "work" that Paul is talking about? Do you also believe that when Paul talks about WORKS of righteousness, that THESE works are (singular) CIRCUMCISION?

That is completely insane.

Easily I will prove it.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."
Your "all believers are Israel" has blinded your eyes to the reality of WHO Israel really is. You'll never understand anything until you get over that.

Not of yourselves, this means no one can clean themselves anymore to come before God. All must be cleaned by Jesus’ blood.
AMEN. Therefore, no "obeying" is involved in THIS cleansing. We are DEAD in Christ.... baptized INTO HIS DEATH.

Christ died for the ungodly…who were the ungodly? The ungodly were the Gentiles who did not obey God and get circumcised. They were ungodly.
Paul is explaining that Jesus died for the ungodly, uncircumcised Gentiles, and did NOT make them get circumcised before he would save them.
Read this scripture carefully. Read where it says they [THE GENTILES] were DEAD in their sins---in the UNcircumcision of the flesh.
Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,
No way, God calls unbelieving ISRAEL uncircumcised!

Acts 7:51 (AKJV/PCE)
(7:51) ¶ Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers [did], so [do] ye.

The ungodly regarding Christ's death for sin is everyone! Christ died for EVERYONE!

Rom 5:6-9 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:6) For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. (5:7) For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. (5:8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (5:9) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Do you think that there was anyone that was sinless and did NOT need Christ do die for THEM?

God's Truth

You just continue to amaze me with the way that you torture and twist the scripture to make (not really, but ATTEMPT to make) the scripture fit your distorted and ridiculous "story".

Do you really expect us to believe that CIRCUMCISION is the ONLY "work" that Paul is talking about? Do you also believe that when Paul talks about WORKS of righteousness, that THESE works are (singular) CIRCUMCISION?

Pay better attention. I said circumcision is the symbol of many works the Jews used to have to do to purify themselves.

That is completely insane.

What is insane is that you do not acknowledge that Paul speaks of the ceremonial work of CIRCUMCISION as the work not to do.

Your "all believers are Israel" has blinded your eyes to the reality of WHO Israel really is. You'll never understand anything until you get over that.

Israel is just a name given with the most significant quality ever. It is about struggling with God and overcoming.

AMEN. Therefore, no "obeying" is involved in THIS cleansing. We are DEAD in Christ.... baptized INTO HIS DEATH.

A person does NOT become dead in Christ without conscientiously obeying.

No way, God calls unbelieving ISRAEL uncircumcised!

I gave you scripture about UNcircumcision of the FLESH, and you give an argument about UNcirucumcision of the HEART.

The ungodly regarding Christ's death for sin is everyone! Christ died for EVERYONE!
That is right, Jesus died for EVERYONE, Jews and Gentiles.

Do you think that there was anyone that was sinless and did NOT need Christ do die for THEM?
No one was sinless, but that does not mean no one can OBEY ANYTHING to be saved!

Right Divider

Body part
Pay better attention. I said circumcision is the symbol of many works the Jews used to have to do to purify themselves.
Perhaps you should read what you WRITE before you POST it.

That is just plain WRONG.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
This is all danoh has to offer. He and his followers have poisoned this site. This is how i've been treated after being here only 3 weeks.

Idiot
deliberately evasive
lordship salvationist
blind
don't know what i'm talking about
foolish
religious fanatic
duck
distortionist
outside the faith
backwards
preaching false gospel
accursed
know it all
author of confusion
calinist
misplaced
wrong
over reliant
reliance on notions
fabricated my own gospel
in error
in need of a crutch
made myself captive
personal translations
false posts
have pagen higher power
trading addictions
drunk
liar x 2
dense
drunk on pride
cherry picker
delusional
a waste of time
have cart before the horse
third grader
fools view
on high horse
jerry shugart
legalistic
Prideful

These responses are from simply posting a definition of "pisteuo" out of the Greek dictionary. Danoh disagrees and responded with these personal attacks on "me", like i have written these dictionaries. I expect a public apology.

God's Truth

This is all danoh has to offer. He and his followers have poisoned this site. This is how i've been treated after being here only 3 weeks.

Idiot
deliberately evasive
lordship salvationist
blind
foolish
religious fanatic
duck
distortionist
outside the faith
backwards
preaching false gospel
accursed
know it all
author of confusion
calinist
misplaced
wrong
over reliant
reliance on notions
fabricated my own gospel
in error
in need of a crutch
made myself captive
personal translations
false posts
have pagen higher power
trading addictions
drunk
liar x 2
dense
drunk on pride
cherry picker
delusional
a waste of time
third grader
fools view
on high horse
jerry shugart
legalistic
Prideful

These responses are from simply posting a definition of "pisteuo" out of the Greek dictionary. Danoh disagrees and responded with these personal attacks on "me", like i have written these dictionaries. I expect a public apology.

You are no different than them.

Just look at the way you treated me.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
You are no different than them.

Just look at the way you treated me.

I put the most valuable things i have at your feet, you just flat out refused them in place of obedience. If i had put a million dollars there , you would have broken a leg to consume it. What i showed you is worth more than all the money on the planet put together.

You are different in that you lean on "believing and obedience", but you are the same as they are, in that you too have resorted to name calling and misrepresentations, which are not fruits of the Spirit of Christ.

It's not what goes into a person that defiles them, but what comes out.

glorydaz

Paul says plainly that he is under God's law.

1 Corinthians 9:21
To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law.

Nor is he free from the law of gravity.

glorydaz

If your obedience could get you saved, then Christ did not need to die for you.

We are NOT sealed because we are good (obedient), we are sealed because we believe (trust) in Christ's DBR for our sin.
Eph 1:12-14 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:12) That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. (1:13) In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, (1:14) Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

I reads plain and clear.

:thumb:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Idiot
deliberately evasive
lordship salvationist
blind
foolish
religious fanatic
duck
distortionist
outside the faith
backwards
preaching false gospel
accursed
know it all
author of confusion
calinist
misplaced
wrong
over reliant
reliance on notions
fabricated my own gospel
in error
in need of a crutch
made myself captive
personal translations
false posts
have pagen higher power
trading addictions
drunk
liar x 2
dense
drunk on pride
cherry picker
delusional
a waste of time
third grader
fools view
on high horse
jerry shugart
legalistic
Prideful

delusional :chuckle:

Faither

BANNED
Banned
You realize, I suppose, that our Lord, Himself, called people names?

Idiot
deliberately evasive
lordship salvationist
blind
foolish
religious fanatic
duck
distortionist
outside the faith
backwards
preaching false gospel
accursed
know it all
author of confusion
calinist
misplaced
wrong
over reliant
reliance on notions
fabricated my own gospel
in error
in need of a crutch
made myself captive
personal translations
false posts
have pagen higher power
trading addictions
drunk
liar x 2
dense
drunk on pride
cherry picker
delusional
a waste of time
third grader
fools view
on high horse
jerry shugart
legalistic
Prideful

Is this acceptable to you glorydaz?
Is this what you would want Jesus to see coming out of you?

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Idiot
deliberately evasive
lordship salvationist
blind x 3
foolish
religious fanatic
duck
distortionist
outside the faith
backwards
preaching false gospel
accursed
know it all
author of confusion
calinist
misplaced
wrong
over reliant
reliance on notions
fabricated my own gospel
in error
in need of a crutch
made myself captive
personal translations
false posts
have pagen higher power
trading addictions
drunk
liar x 2
dense
drunk on pride
cherry picker
delusional
a waste of time
third grader
fools view
fool x8
on high horse
jerry shugart
legalistic x4
Prideful x 5
twister of scripture
incompetent

Is this acceptable to you glorydaz?
Is this what you would want Jesus to see coming out of you?

This is the updated mirror of danohs real self. We should be seeing Gods Word in the mirror.

Why does this site support this?

Danoh

Only a fool would compile, and continue to compile, a list of the hurtful names he has been called.

Only a fool would once more take himself to that hurt state by that list.

Of course, a fool would not see this simple error.

But...what that actually is - a simple indication of just how enmeshed in legalism said fool is - is never seen for what it actually is...by such a fool.

You "Faither" are a fool.