ECT Our triune God

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
This is a public site and anyone can reply to comment on anyone's post.

I never indicated otherwise. I just said I wasn't interested in your perverted interpretations of scripture and my post was to someone else.

The only reason why you do not defend your beliefs with scripture is because you can't.

LOL. I've spent quite a good deal of time defending the TRUTH with scripture and lexicography, so your perverted Patripassianism is still irrelevant.

I am just glad to rebuke you with scripture, whether or not you attack me personally.

You haven't. You've just attempted proof-texting without understanding basic Greek grammar that refutes you. But you can't know that because you don't know the basics of Greek, which also means you won't take simple rational correction.

And your constant victim mentality is both humorous and sad. By the standards you perceive, you attack everyone in the same manner you consider you're being attacked. But for you it's correcting and rebuking others, while you consider the same to be an attack from them.

Your double standards are noted, as is your heresy of Patripassianism of the Father dying on the cross as the Son because there's no distinction between them.

TFTn5280

There are three, and the three are One and the same.

One means same.

So God is one as the cardinal number one is one. Please tell me how (1) God is not a narcissist, if he is love, or (2) how he is not dependent on his creation to love, if he is love and not a narcissist.

(The same could be asked of holiness and a host of other attributes.)

PPS is right: your doctrine is perverted.

TFTn5280

If God is the ground and grammar of love, then that love must extend (for no where are we called to love only ourselves).

The Father loves the Son, the Son loves the Father, both in and through the Holy Spirit.

God's Truth

I never indicated otherwise. I just said I wasn't interested in your perverted interpretations of scripture and my post was to someone else.

LOL. I've spent quite a good deal of time defending the TRUTH with scripture and lexicography, so your perverted Patripassianism is still irrelevant.

You haven't. You've just attempted proof-texting without understanding basic Greek grammar that refutes you. But you can't know that because you don't know the basics of Greek, which also means you won't take simple rational correction.

And your constant victim mentality is both humorous and sad. By the standards you perceive, you attack everyone in the same manner you consider you're being attacked. But for you it's correcting and rebuking others, while you consider the same to be an attack from them.

Your double standards are noted, as is your heresy of Patripassianism of the Father dying on the cross as the Son because there's no distinction between them.

All you have proven is that you are dishonest and a slanderer.

Now stop making this thread about what you think about me personally. This thread is about the written Word.

God's Truth

So God is one as the cardinal number one is one. Please tell me how (1) God is not a narcissist, if he is love, or (2) how he is not dependent on his creation to love, if he is love and not a narcissist.

Is that supposed to be a real question? You posted to put down God being One and call Him a narcissist.

Mark 12:29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

The same could be asked of holiness and a host of other attributes.)

PPS is right: your doctrine is perverted.

You should be more careful how you judge. Jude and Peter says that people blasphemy things they do not understand.

TFTn5280

Is that supposed to be a real question? You posted to put down God being One and call Him a narcissist.

Mark 12:29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

You should be more careful how you judge. Jude and Peter says that people blasphemy things they do not understand.

Fourth and goal and you punt?

The way to demonstrate that it's not perverted is to answer the question, or you prove that you are the one who blasphemes what she does not understand.

Jedidiah

I have said so before that God the Father came to earth as a Son of Man in the flesh. That is the only distinction, which is not a distinction, for Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a Son of Man, a Son of God.
How do you understand Our Lord's words on the cross:
-- "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
-- "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
-- "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do."
-- "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit...."

God's Truth

How do you understand Our Lord's words on the cross:
-- "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
-- "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
-- "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do."
-- "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit...."

Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a Man, and he was speaking to His Father in heaven who is invisible and lives in unapproachable light.

Don't forget that there are three.

God's Truth

OK. So you say, "Jesus is God the Father," and that, "He [Jesus] was speaking to His Father."

I see a distinction, when I see that somebody is speaking to somebody else.

I see what you mean, but that is why that is not a distinction, because God came as a Son.

The Bible says there is only one God and that He is the Father.

Since Jesus is God, we know he must also be the Father, because there is only one God and He is the Father.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I see what you mean, but that is why that is not a distinction, because God came as a Son.

The Bible says there is only one God and that He is the Father.

Since Jesus is God, we know he must also be the Father, because there is only one God and He is the Father.

Jesus is the Son, not the Father. If not, why the distinction in scripture.

God's Truth

Jesus is the Son, not the Father. If not, why the distinction in scripture.

Why doesn't Jesus just say, "I am God in the flesh"?

There is only one God and He is the Father. THAT is what the Bible says.

Since Jesus IS God, then he must also be the Father, because there is only one God and He is the Father.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why doesn't Jesus just say, "I am God in the flesh"?

There is only one God and He is the Father. THAT is what the Bible says.

Since Jesus IS God, then he must also be the Father, because there is only one God and He is the Father.

He does;
John 8:58 King James Version (KJV)

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Your theology is preposterous and convoluted.

God's Truth

He does;
John 8:58 King James Version (KJV)

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Your theology is preposterous and convoluted.

You know that Jesus does not say I AM GOD IN THE FLESH.

Tell me, who was that speaking in the Old Testament to Abraham?

Was that not God the Father speaking to Abraham?

Of course, God the Father spoke to Abraham.

Jesus says that was himself.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You know that Jesus does not say I AM GOD IN THE FLESH.

Tell me, who was that speaking in the Old Testament to Abraham?

Was that not God the Father speaking to Abraham?

Of course, God the Father spoke to Abraham.

Jesus says that was himself.

WRONG! Jesus the man said he was God! That is why they picked up stones to stone him.