OSAS V Who's The Most Righteous Anti OSAS Poster?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why is it that not one of them will admit what is so clearly written in that verse? :idunno:

Because they know what it says and are going to try and pull people form the faith.

republicanhack said:
I hate when people quote the Bible and say nothing else

makes no sense. We all know the Bible to one extent or another.. It is people's (faulty) interpretations that need attn.

dreadknought

Isn't it amusing how the OSAS believers do not bicker amongst themselves?

And isn't amusing how the nutters are drawn to the lose it group?

I've noticed that they who teach salvation can be given back or lost do to some sin, these kooks always wind up fighting with each other.

Here's a start list to vote on who you think is the most holy.

Meshak

Jason

CS Guy

Cross Ref

Sorry I forgot who else is against grace...help me out with the list and then we can crown a victor. Hehe
Asking others to judge? Those outside of the body are judged already.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Liar. To "accept Christ" is to believe the Gospel. That's faith: not only the opposite of works but excludes works.

Believing the gospel is only part way to being saved.

There are works of faith.

Jesus called them fruit.

Joh 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Joh 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Joh 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Joh 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Joh 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Paul said---

Act 26:19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:
Act 26:20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.
Act 26:21 For these causes the Jews caught me in the temple, and went about to kill me.

LA

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
OSAS ites are the ones who DO keep in mind what Paul said, we remember he said salvation is a free gift.

Those that oppose OSAS forget it's a free gift and think it must be earned.

redemption is a free gift
but
not salvation

the phrase once saved always saved
suggests you are not really saved
or
you do not understand what saved means

saved is saved

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Protestants use this vague expression of Paul's word to pervert Christianity.

Jesus did not teach it.

Jesus emphasized over and over to be faithful or obedient to Him until the end.

Christianity is all about obeying Jesus' teachings and commands.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Protestants use this vague expression of Paul's word to pervert Christianity.

Jesus did not teach it.

Jesus emphasized over and over to be faithful or obedient to Him until the end.

Christianity is all about obeying Jesus' teachings and commands.

so what is the good news?

meshak

BANNED
Banned

God's kingdom.

It is available to anyone who love God and Jesus with their words and deeds.

I order to do that, we have to give up our worldly desires and mentality.

Jesus teaches us how to do that in His word.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
God's kingdom.

It is available to anyone who love God and Jesus with their words and deeds.

I order to do that, we have to give up our worldly desires and mentality.

Jesus teaches us how to do that in His word.

great answer

heir

TOL Subscriber
but
not salvation
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Your mind is corrupted.

Zeke

Of course it is. It pleases God. But it's not work; it's the opposite of work. Work is done by people who believe they have something to give God, or that God requires them to do something "or else." That contradicts the Gospel of grace because, today, all He asks is faith in what His Son has done for us all.

Do you deny that?

Mind the context. That's talking about unsaved people of all human history.

If that's true, then God gives it to everyone without exception. Everyone gets enough faith to do what He wants. That's the ONLY way He can justly damn those who will not believe.

Then if saving faith comes only from God, He is unjust and corrupt for expecting it from those He knows He did not give it to.

I couldn't care less what you bet.

Tell me, what is the Gospel by which we're to be saved? Be specific, leave nothing out.

Romans 9:21, 11:16, 11:28, 11:30, 11:32, 11:33-34, universal lump is leavened or every so called sin wasn't paid for by Christ, though this is an inward principle the outward story results in the same way, all are saved or none of the fruit is excepted at the end of the tale.

CherubRam

Isn't it amusing how the OSAS believers do not bicker amongst themselves?

And isn't amusing how the nutters are drawn to the lose it group?

I've noticed that they who teach salvation can be given back or lost do to some sin, these kooks always wind up fighting with each other.

Here's a start list to vote on who you think is the most holy.

Meshak

Jason

CS Guy

Cross Ref

Sorry I forgot who else is against grace...help me out with the list and then we can crown a victor. Hehe

Grace is not a license to sin.

Hebrews 10:26
If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,...

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Eternal life is the free gift of God.
Redemption is not free as Messiah paid for it.
Obedience to God is that we believe the Father is well pleased with the Son, God is indeed well pleased with the redemption purchased by Messiah and we who believe are united to God thru the Messiah. Those who reject the peace of God made thru redemption (that was not free) will be punished for their sins. I can never be punished for my sins, God punished Messiah in my place and set me free from guilt and condemnation.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Grace is not a license to sin.

Hebrews 10:26
If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,...

Where sin abounds grace abounds more. But we are not to take this fact and use it as a liscence to sin.

heir

TOL Subscriber
and Jesus said to feed the hungry and care for the lonely, etc...

if you walk away from that, you don't have salvation

+
:rolleyes: Someone should have told God that Christ did not have to die on the cross for our sins, be buried and be raised from the dead for our justification; we could have just had a potluck dinner. And forget that rightly dividing stuff too, we'll just make it all one pot meal as to us for our obedience which can't be done.

musterion

How does unsaved people believe the gospel if they are unable to do good?

They're able to believe the Gospel. Most don't.

Look at Cain. Born dead in his father's sin. Yet God tried to reason with him before he slew his brother.

Why was God attempting to appeal to someone who could do no good? Is God a liar?

Nimrod

They're able to believe the Gospel. Most don't.

Scriptures say "none do good". Yet, you think unbelievers can do good.
This is why synergists are not consistent. They have to twist what was said.

I'm on Scriptures side. "none do good". You can only do good when God enables you to do so. To have faith is only possible if God gives it to you.

glorydaz

Scriptures say "none do good". Yet, you think unbelievers can do good.
This is why synergists are not consistent. They have to twist what was said.

I'm on Scriptures side. "none do good". You can only do good when God enables you to do so. To have faith is only possible if God gives it to you.

Doing good and hearing are two different things. Your claim that faith is given to us by God is contrary to the Gospel being the POWER of God unto salvation. Faith comes from hearing and hearing BY THE WORD OF GOD.

Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.​

There would be NO POINT in preaching the Gospel if it didn't have the POWER to persuade men. Persuade is a very important word....

And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not HEARD?

And how shall they HEAR without a preacher? :think:

Romans 10:14
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?