"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

elohiym

Grosnick,

If today you do any of the acts listed by Paul in Galatians 5:19-21, will you still have eternal life with Christ? Yes or no?

elohiym

Heir,

If today you do any of the acts listed by Paul in Galatians 5:19-21, will you still have eternal life with Christ? Yes or no?

elohiym

notation : M --> me, P ---> the pastor

M: Is God holy?
P: Yes.
M: Does sin dwell in God's place?
P:No.
M: So if a commits adultery he will be disciplined (God might
kill him) but he will go to heaven.
P: yes.
M: Then what happens to the sin he committed ?
P: it will still be there.
M: Who will be accountable for the sin he committed. He did not ask
for forgiveness .
P: the sin will be there.
M: if that sin is still there how will he go to heaven.?
P: why are you focusing on sin leave it.
M: its because that's the thing that separates man from God.
P: you are not a man of God or else you would have simply believed instead of asking these many questions.

The "pastor" needs to read Galatians 5:19-21.

His reaction was hardly different than the reaction I received from the MADists on this thread.

Jamie Gigliotti

:chuckle: All I care about is if you believe your answer.

That depends what you think it means to do so. I could say "I did" or "yes," or even "no" depending on what you mean.

Are you repenting, pressing on towards perfection?
"Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own." Phiilipians 3:12

StanJ

Sounds like a typical pastor who doesn't know how to defend his POV and is used to his flock just accepting what he says. This is a good example of why people move from church to church. They want a pastor that CAN teach them correctly and defend his POV from scripture.

The problem is many pastors go to Bible college right our of High School and have NO people skills. Our fault...we treat then like royalty instead of servants who have a very big responsibility.

elohiym

Are you repenting, pressing on towards perfection?

I repented years ago, Jamie.

"Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own." Phiilipians 3:12

Look carefully at the context:

10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death; 11 in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. 12 Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.

He's speaking specifically about the resurrection from physical death, which occurs on the last day (1 Thessalonians 4:16). In Paul's day there were "men who have gone astray from the truth saying that the resurrection has already taken place, and they upset the faith of some." See 2 Timothy 2:18.

elohiym

Jamie,

1 John 3:10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.

That is the litmus test. The children of the devil are easy to spot, especially when they dance around the questions I've asked.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
True Believers are in a position of having the righteousness of Christ,
forgiveness of all sin, (past, present and future) guaranteed eternal
life, and a relationship with the God of the universe. However, we're
still in our, body of flesh and have a propensity to be disobedient to
our Father in Heaven. He disciplines us accordingly.