"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

Jamie Gigliotti

"His power is made perfect in our weakness" "God opposes the proud, but gives Grace to the humble."

It's not about our work, it's about our surrender. With our surrender His goodness shines through.

God's Truth

So, according to YOU, it's perfectly fine to INSERT words INTO THE WORD OF GOD?

Who really cares what you would do? That is completely irrelevant to "translators" INSERTING THEIR OWN OPINIONS INTO THE WORD OF GOD.

Why won't you answer the question instead of speaking untruths about me?

Show me where in the NIV 1984 that you have problems.

God's Truth

"His power is made perfect in our weakness" "God opposes the proud, but gives Grace to the humble."

It's not about our work, it's about our surrender. With our surrender His goodness shines through.

God who lives inside the saved works at making us WANT TO OBEY HIM. God does NOT force us to want to obey; and certainly does not force us to obey. You are repeating something taught to you by false teachers.

elohiym

TOL is a forum. It's not a formal church gathering. If you wish to
post a list of your lifelong sins here on TOL, go for it. Elo can list
his as well.

You claimed to have no sin.

I already answer the question I asked you. My answer is no.

Your turn to clarify what you mean by no sin:

Do you still do any of the acts listed by Paul in Galatians 5:19-21? Yes or no?

I'm not asking you to confess to specific acts, just if you do any of those acts listed since you believed the gospel you preach.

elohiym

Do you still do any of the acts listed by Paul in Galatians 5:19-21? Yes or no?

God's Truth

It Means: No sin.

If you have no sin while you are sinning (as you have explained many times), then why does Paul say these things to sinners?

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling

2 Thessalonians 3:14 If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed.15 Yet do not regard them as an enemy, but warn them as you would a fellow believer.

1 Corinthians 5:2 And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this?

1 Corinthians 5:13
God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked person from among you."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If you have no sin while you are sinning (as you have explained many times), then why does Paul say these things to sinners?

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling

2 Thessalonians 3:14 If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed.15 Yet do not regard them as an enemy, but warn them as you would a fellow believer.

1 Corinthians 5:2 And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this?

1 Corinthians 5:13
God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked person from among you."

A "True Believer" can be disobedient to his "Heavenly Father" and
God disciplines His own. However, so far as judgment goes, there
is none awaiting the Child of God.

Shasta

I have used Scripture in my posts. Evidently, you don't follow me
around? If you did, you might learn something? The "many" you
speak of, are ignorant in the area of "Rightly Dividing" God's Word.

So, you're one of those, "Many" who are ignorant in that respect.
Remember, the Bible says: Matthew 7:13 "Enter ye in at the strait gate:
for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and
many there be which go in thereat:"

Not ALL of humankind will hear the Grace Message and place their
total faith in Christ. They'll want to add their own works/deeds and
philosophies. Faith is what God looks for. Many on TOL are not swayed
by Scripture even. You need to learn how to "Rightly Divide" and read
and study "Romans through Philemon."

Have you read the entire Bible? Cover to cover, name for name, word
for word?

I am glad to see you believe Jesus's words. It gives me an opportunity to compare what He said to what is supposed to be the topic of this thread which is OSAS.

In Matthew 7:13 Jesus says a few things: (1) that there is only one gate, (2) that it is very narrow and (3) that the path leading up to it is also narrow. This contrasts with the way that leads to destruction which is very wide and smooth. The way to life is broad meaning that there is no much leeway to turn to the left or right. The way to destruction is multi-lane allowing for wide divergence and many options. According to Jesus, the way leading to the entrance into (eternal) life demands something of a person.

If OSAS were true it could be said that the way to life was the broad and smooth way. After all, you do not have to do anything except believe one time in Jesus and after that you are free to do or believe whatever you want. The way could not in any way be considered demanding because whatever a believer does he remains on it like a train car on tracks. This, of course, is the very opposite of the what the metaphor teaches.

I have often thought that MAD as a doctrine was crafted specifically to allow for an antinomian message that masquerades as the true Gospel of Grace taught by Paul. To establish it as THE only Gospel it is necessary to generally relegate the writings of Jesus and his apostles to another age.

By allowing that this scripture is true now and not part of the obsolete Jewish Gospel you have permitted your beliefs to be tested.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christ died on the cross for a world of lost sinners. ALL of mankind's
sins were paid for. However, one can only benefit from Christ's death
and resurrection if they hear the Grace Gospel, place all their faith in
Christ as their Savior. The Holy Spirit then, seals, indwells and baptizes
them into the Body of Christ.

They not only have their sins paid for, but they also receive the
righteousness of Christ. They will not face the Judgement that
awaits the unbeliever.

God's Truth

GT and elo don't have a grasp on the difference between the Spiritual
realm and the physical realm. Therefore, they're confused and
dumbfounded.

The Spiritual realm is when you obey the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 6:17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

We are united with the Lord when we eat his flesh, and the only way to eat his flesh is to obey him.

John 6:53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

Unless we eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, we have no life in us. Jesus tells us the truth, if anyone obeys his word, he will never see death, John 8:51