Obama opens first White House gender-neutral restroom

PureX

The problem is that everything is about money and politics, now days, instead of people living their lives.

We all need to use a toilet now and then. And in the U.S. we prefer to do so in private. So … put doors on the toilets, put locks on the doors, and put a toilet sign on the door so we know where it's at, ... and be done with it. Who gives a rat's butt about anyone's gender ID when they need to use the toilet? All we care about is that you use the toilet and not the floor.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Is that a Dr. Who angel?

image.php

367b35ec45accddaa2dca589ec3e6cf1.gif

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Granted, but the US has a far different history; more individualistic, and has always had strict separation of the 2 genders RE restrooms (now we are told that there are a plethora of genders on a continuum). :plain:

I imagine women will have the most difficulty as this advances and becomes more prevalent - and it surely will. Imagine a young woman going in to change her sanitary pad, or a young mother going in for the diaper station; all the while knowing there are men liable to walk in or be in there. Seems the conditions for rape also, regarding a minority of men.

AllGenderRestroomNSchoolBanner.jpg
They European's have figured it out and we will to. Rape in public restrooms in Europe does not seem to be a problem as restroom traffic is relatively high. Honestly, it's not that big a deal.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
The problem is that everything is about money and politics, now days, instead of people living their lives.

We all need to use a toilet now and then...

"It's feed my sheep not pet my lambs." ~ Darrell Ferguson Ezek. 3:17–27

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Now that you know what the term "gender neutral restroom" means here in America, do tell us that you have no problem with this:

sitting in a toilet stall next to a 6 year old girl.

No problem. Because as her daddy, I am in the bathroom with her.

So you have no problem with mentally ill cross dressing males using the same restroom as little girls* and women.

*As long as their daddy is with them.

I really should give you a lesson in Judeo-Christian culture and laws and why men and women have separate restroom/locker room facilities (did I mention that gender neutral facilities also means that cross dressing mentally ill males can use the same locker room as your daughter or wife...but don't worry, you'll be there with them), but I get the feeling it will just go to blind eyes and deaf ears.

GFR7

They European's have figured it out and we will to. Rape in public restrooms in Europe does not seem to be a problem as restroom traffic is relatively high. Honestly, it's not that big a deal.
I think what is disturbing, is that in the midst of an era in US history fraught with vast social problems, suddenly switching to gender-neutral bathrooms would appear to be catering to that tiny, tiny percentage of ivory tower elites and their utilizing of the lgbtq and transgender community to their own purposes. And leaving the rest of us unsettled.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think what is disturbing, is that in the midst of an era in US history fraught with vast social problems, suddenly switching to gender-neutral bathrooms would appear to be catering to that tiny, tiny percentage of ivory tower elites and their utilizing of the lgbtq and transgender community to their own purposes. And leaving the rest of us unsettled.

What GFR7 said is that we need to sloooooowly open up restroom and locker room facilities to those who perceive that they're a woman trapped inside a man's body (and vice versa) so not to cause alarm to good decent folk like himself.

GFR7

What GFR7 said is that we need to sloooooowly open up restroom and locker room facilities to those who perceive that they're a woman trapped inside a man's body (and vice versa) so not to cause alarm to good decent folk like himself.
Just as stupid as ever. Bugger off.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
While this may not be a popular opinion, my preference would be to leave open the option for individuals who wish to have gender only options and for those who don't, supply the gender neutral.

It works in stores, malls and hospitals.

GFR7

While this may not be a popular opinion, my preference would be to leave open the option for individuals who wish to have gender only options and for those who don't, supply the gender neutral.

It works in stores, malls and hospitals.
That might be a possible resolution, yes.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Now that you know what the term "gender neutral restroom" means here in America, do tell us that you have no problem with this:

sitting in a toilet stall next to a 6 year old girl.

So you have no problem with mentally ill cross dressing males using the same restroom as little girls* and women.

I really should give you a lesson in Judeo-Christian culture and laws and why men and women have separate restroom/locker room facilities (did I mention that gender neutral facilities also means that cross dressing mentally ill males can use the same locker room as your daughter or wife...but don't worry, you'll be there with them), but I get the feeling it will just go to blind eyes and deaf ears.

In a restroom setting, my daughter is actually safer in a gender neutral restroom because I can be in there. If a make dressed as a female went into a women's only bathroom, I wouldn't know until it's too late. If I'm in the room with her, I can keep an eye on her stall.

Locker rooms should remain make and female. If you are to confused to determine if you are genetically make our female is probably best to make other arrangements.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

In a restroom setting, my daughter is actually safer in a gender neutral restroom because I can be in there. If a make dressed as a female went into a women's only bathroom, I wouldn't know until it's too late. If I'm in the room with her, I can keep an eye on her stall.

I see that you've got the strategy all planned out (i.e. putting a band aid over a cancer). At what age does your daughter get to go the the public restroom "daddy free"?

How about those children that don't have parents as...ahem...diligent as you, are they on their own when it comes to transvestites using the same restroom as them?

Locker rooms should remain make and female. If you are to confused to determine if you are genetically make our female is probably best to make other arrangements.

Sorry, but that isn't in the LGBTQueer gameplan. Beside, if you are denying a female that has been trapped in a male's body his entire life the right to use female locker room facilities just because his plumbing is different, that makes you... (drum roll please)

a transgender/transvestite phobic bigot.

transgender.jpg

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/transgender-woman-told-leave-womens-locker-room/nSWT4/

Puppet

BANNED
Banned

Maybe in the future,we'll have no touch laws and then it can become nudist america adjusting to global warming. Rape proof underwear might be in the future. Im not sure what neutral gender bathrooms have to do with gays.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame

I see that you've got the strategy all planned out (i.e. putting a band aid over a cancer). At what age does your daughter get to go the the public restroom "daddy free"?

How about those children that don't have parents as...ahem...diligent as you, are they on their own when it comes to transvestites using the same restroom as them?

Sorry, but that isn't in the LGBTQueer gameplan. Beside, if you are denying a female that has been trapped in a male's body his entire life the right to use female locker room facilities just because his plumbing is different, that makes you... (drum roll please)

a transgender/transvestite phobic bigot.

transgender.jpg

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/transgender-woman-told-leave-womens-locker-room/nSWT4/

Transvestites are generally not a threat to children. Neither are homosexuals or tansgebdered or bisexuals. Pedophiles are s threat to children. An oddly stressed person using a restroom is just that, an oddly dressed person using a restroom.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Transvestites are generally not a threat to children. Neither are homosexuals or tansgebdered or bisexuals. Pedophiles are s threat to children. An oddly stressed person using a restroom is just that, an oddly dressed person using a restroom.

Yet you earlier stated that you would chaperone your young daughter into a gender neutral restroom. If these mentally ill/morally confused people are "generally not a threat", then that wouldn't be necessary.