Obama opens first White House gender-neutral restroom

rougueone

I decided about 15 years ago I am a Disciple of Jesus. Not a political or social identity. I am a Christian. I make no oaths or allegiances to any political body. I stay out of politics as they are of the world . I also stay away from neutral bathrooms.
I do comment on politics when I feel they are relevant to Scripture and sometimes comment to reveal an issue.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I find it strange. And you? :think:

Every such restroom I have ever seen before said "uinisex" they put up this silly sign to proudly announce that the White House is now pervert friendly.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
What always bothered me was them two-holer transgender outhouses! :noid:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"I decided about 15 years ago I am a Disciple of Jesus. Not a political or social identity. I am a Christian. I make no oaths or allegiances to any political body."
I do not take oaths either, newb. Mt 5:34

"I stay out of politics as they are of the world..."
We are to be involved. Occupy 'till I come (Lk 19:13).
"I do comment on politics when I feel they are relevant to Scripture and sometimes comment to reveal an issue."
:thumb: Pr 31:9

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I do not take oaths either, newb. Mt 5:34

We are to be involved. Occupy 'till I come (Lk 19:13).

:thumb: Pr 31:9
In parts of the world ALL restrooms are gender neutral. There is no such thing as men's rooms and women's rooms.

Can't help but think that this is much ado about nothing.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
In parts of the world ALL restrooms are gender neutral. There is no such thing as men's rooms and women's rooms.

Can't help but think that this is much ado about nothing.

There seems to be some confusion as to the difference between a unisex restroom and gender neutral restroom.

Unisex is a private restroom where only one occupant is allowed and after entering, locks the door behind him or her.

Gender neutral is a multi-toilet stall/urinal restroom where any gender or gender identity (if you feel you're a woman trapped in a man's body) may legally enter without being harassed.

It's been going on in various states for sometime (i.e protected by law), the federal government is just now catching up with the times.

GFR7

Given what I know about evangelicals and their paranoia I'll just have to assume there's two sides of the story.
Well, it was actually a big drag queen who got mad at my sister in a women's room; but he took it out on me later when we met up with him elsewhere. Sort of a complex story.... :think: But that girl could kick. :nono:

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
There seems to be some confusion as to the difference between a unisex restroom and gender neutral restroom.

Unisex is a private restroom where only one occupant is allowed and after entering, locks the door behind him or her.

Gender neutral is a multi-toilet stall/urinal restroom where any gender or gender identity (if you feel you're a woman trapped in a man's body) may legally enter without being harassed.

It's been going on in various states for sometime (i.e protected by law), the federal government is just now catching up with the times.

That's not what I'm talking about. In places, like Russia, there are restrooms in airports that have 20 stalls that have men and women using adjacent stalls at the same time.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Every such restroom I have ever seen before said "uinisex" they put up this silly sign to proudly announce that the White House is now pervert friendly.
Why don't that just put up a sign that says Bathroom. Then have private stalls that lock. They don't need to politicize it. They are being ridiculous.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

That's not what I'm talking about. In places, like Russia, there are restrooms in airports that have 20 stalls that have men and women using adjacent stalls at the same time.

Now that you know what the term "gender neutral restroom" means here in America, do tell us that you have no problem with this:

transvestite.jpg

sitting in a toilet stall next to a 6 year old girl.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Now that you know what the term "gender neutral restroom" means here in America, do tell us that you have no problem with this:

transvestite.jpg

sitting in a toilet stall next to a 6 year old girl.
No problem. Because as her daddy, I am in the bathroom with her.

GFR7

Granted, but the US has a far different history; more individualistic, and has always had strict separation of the 2 genders RE restrooms (now we are told that there are a plethora of genders on a continuum). :plain:

I imagine women will have the most difficulty as this advances and becomes more prevalent - and it surely will. Imagine a young woman going in to change her sanitary pad, or a young mother going in for the diaper station; all the while knowing there are men liable to walk in or be in there. Seems the conditions for rape also, regarding a minority of men.

AllGenderRestroomNSchoolBanner.jpg