No Longer A Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.

smothers

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Sozo

So you know when other people are/aren't?

If they say they are a Christian they ARE a Christian. Get over it. There is no other standard one can apply. The standards of membership in the Christian church changes with the culture.

firechyld

delmar...

I wouldn't call that a lie. More Christians than not do not understand the big picture of the Bible. I am pretty sure that more than half would be willing to dismiss certain verses because the came from the OT.

Too true. The OT is my speciality (scholastically) and it amazes me what some Christians ignore/dispute/deny from the text.

As far as I'm concerned, if you're not going to respect the text, then stop attaching it to your own scriptures. We're well past the age where Christianity needed to piggy back on Judaism for credibility.

lighthouse

And the Muslims don't even believe in the true God of the Bible, and the name they refer to God by is the name of a false god, anyway.

The name they refer to God by? It's the Arabic word for "God", you dimwit.

Sozo

Originally posted by smothers

If they say they are a Christian they ARE a Christian. Get over it. There is no other standard one can apply.

Have you ever referred to yourself as an A S S?

smothers

BANNED
Banned

Have you ever referred to yourself as an A S S?

Sozo, your Christian socialization skills are showing. I've never referred to myself as an ***, but I know a hole you resemble.

smothers

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Greywolf

Yes, Galatians 2:16.

Matthew 7:16 or Matthew 12:33 ?
Matthew 12:50 (but how does one discern if one is doing the will of God?)

Depends on which god you are referring to.

Greywolf

Depends on which god you are referring to.

A fair consideration, but since it's taken out of the Bible, it's probably a safe bet to say the god of the Bible in this case.

smothers

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Greywolf

A fair consideration, but since it's taken out of the Bible, it's probably a safe bet to say the god of the Bible in this case. [/QUOTE

Is it the multiple gods that created earth? Is it the father-figure god that evicted Adam and Eve? Is it the "nueman" god first mentioned by Paul and alluded to in Acts 2? Is it the man-god Jesus who has a striking resemblance to Mythra? Is it the mystical "Logos" god that the book of John talks about? Is it the Lion god mentioned in Revelations? The choices we have!

Sozo

and I should be a Christian because...?

Frankly, smothers, I don't give a damn.

I'd much rather see your mug on the news having been eatin' alive by several rabid dogs.

smothers

BANNED
Banned

Frankly, smothers, I don't give a damn.

I'd much rather see your mug on the news having been eatin' alive by several rabid dogs.

And I'd rather see you having a pleasant afternoon in the park with friends.

Sozo

And I'd rather see you having a pleasant afternoon in the park with friends.

Thanks... I still would like to read about your demise.

Balder

Sozo,

Must you display your lack of transformation in Christ so publicly?

I'm really concerned for you.

Maybe you should lay off the Chianti and human liver for a week and see how that makes you feel.

Peace,
Balder

Sozo

Originally posted by Balder

Sozo,

Must you display your lack of transformation in Christ so publically?
What makes you think that God is not waiting for his demise? Perhaps God knows what a worthless use of flesh smothers is, and can't wait to burn it to a crisp?
I'm really concerned for you.
Oh gee... I feel so loved. :rolleyes:

Balder

What makes you think that God is not waiting for his demise? Perhaps God knows what a worthless use of flesh smothers is, and can't wait to burn it to a crisp?

Are you sure you're talking about God here and not some demon?

Really, I'd swear a lot of you folks worship the Demiurge or worse.

Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.