NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Where is TH to tell us that Peyton is better than Brady?

I don't think he would say Manning is playing better, only that he played better over his career.

I was watching a CFP talking points show and it rolled that Johnny Football is now the permanent starter for the Browns. Also on the rolling tape at the bottom, this is Big Papi's last year.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I was watching a CFP talking points show and it rolled that Johnny Football is now the permanent starter for the Browns.

After their latest loss to the Steelers, Browns owner Jimmy Haslam had 1-on-1 meeting with head coach Mike Pettine.

The details weren't given, but my guess is that Pettine told Haslam to make Manziel the starter for the rest of the year.

McCown is 36 years old. The Browns aren't going to the playoffs, it makes no sense to start McCown the rest of the year.

Pettine was starting McCown because he felt McCown gave them a better chance to win games. That's pointless for the long term, and I believe that's what the meeting was about.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I hate seeing Peyton go like this. He deserved better.

Frankly, I think Denver's doing him and his entire family a disservice by allowing him to play. The man doesn't belong anywhere near a football field.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I hate seeing Peyton go like this. He deserved better.

Frankly, I think Denver's doing him and his entire family a disservice by allowing him to play. The man doesn't belong anywhere near a football field.

Are they wearing throwback uniforms tonight ? I never remember seeing Jacksonville with those colors and jerseys

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's that silly "color rush" thing the NFL's doing for Thursday night games. Explains the solid green and reds the Bills and Jets wore last week, which apparently led to complaints from the color blind. True story.

I saw that too, I hated it. My dad is color blind and he complained too. I hate it when the Rams wear all navy blue, it looks amateur.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Explains the solid green and reds the Bills and Jets wore last week, which apparently led to complaints from the color blind. True story.

They should have saved that green and red game for Christmas.

BTW, glad you're back.

Your Pats finally beat those Giants. Barely, I might add.

However, like my Steelers, your Pats are dealing with a lot of injuries.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I saw that too, I hated it. My dad is color blind and he complained too. I hate it when the Rams wear all navy blue, it looks amateur.

My own color blindness isn't bad enough to have distracted me--I just thought the Bills's unis looked like the Pats's throwbacks.

Granite

Hall of Fame
They should have saved that green and red game for Christmas.

BTW, glad you're back.

Your Pats finally beat those Giants. Barely, I might add.

Like my Steelers, your Pats are dealing with a lot of injuries.

Thanks dude.:cheers:

Yeah, and they gave me a heart attack in the process. A win's a win, and it's cathartic to get that monkey off our back. Losing Edelman is huge. Not insurmountable, but close. He better be ready by the playoffs. Major, major, major blow.

Big Ben is a cyborg.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Big Ben is a cyborg.

Other than 2008, I don't know how Brady has gone unscathed for 15 years.

I can't think of any other significant QB that has avoided injury like he has.

Plus, he's 38 and looks like a 28 year old this season. He's playing at a level that is unprecedented.

As for Ben, I don't know how he does what he does. He was supposed to be out three weeks, and then throws for almost 300 yards in the first half while coming into the game halfway through the first quarter.

However, it was against the Browns :chuckle: I'm 51 and could probably complete a few passes against the Browns.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He better be ready by the playoffs.

Peyton Manning is done, the rest of the AFC West sucks. The AFC South is a joke. The Bills and Jets are not ready for Prime Time.

That leaves the Patriots, Bengals and Steelers.

The Bengals haven't won a postseason game since 1991, and the Patriots are like kryptonite to my Steelers.

Unless Brady gets hurt, Super Bowl 50 is a lock for your Pats.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The AFC South is pitiful, they shouldn't be allowed a division champ even, that's how bad. A more deserving winning team should go.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The AFC South is pitiful, they shouldn't be allowed a division champ even, that's how bad. A more deserving winning team should go.

Of the NFL's 32 teams, 20 are BELOW .500 today. That's the most through week 10 in NFL history.

However, every team that has been 8-8 or worse and made the playoffs, won their first playoff game.

Last year the 7-8-1 Carolina Panthers beat the Arizona Cardinals. Four years earlier, the 7-9 Saints beat the Green Bay Packers. No other sub .500 team has made the playoffs.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jacksonville Jaguars are now a half game out of first place.

They just won two games in a row.

This is only the second time since 2010 that they have won two games in a row.

Conversely, the Patriots have lost two games in a row twice since 2007

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Jacksonville Jaguars are now a half game out of first place.

They just won two games in a row.

This is only the second time since 2010 that they have won two games in a row.

Conversely, the Patriots have lost two games in a row twice since 2007

Wouldn't that be something if Brady pilot's a completely undefeated season with a Super Bowl win ? Like they almost did before.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Peyton Manning is done, the rest of the AFC West sucks. The AFC South is a joke. The Bills and Jets are not ready for Prime Time.

That leaves the Patriots, Bengals and Steelers.

The Bengals haven't won a postseason game since 1991, and the Patriots are like kryptonite to my Steelers.

Unless Brady gets hurt, Super Bowl 50 is a lock for your Pats.

If Edelman was healthy, I'd be inclined to sit pretty right now. Had he played that whole Giants game, the final score would have been nowhere near that close. Julian's a virtually guaranteed first down.

Now? Now the job gets tougher.

Status
Not open for further replies.