NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzal

It's simplistic to say there's New England, Green Bay, and everyone else...but jeez. Isn't it also true?

Mostly, the quality of play's been mediocre. At best. There are just some ungodly wretched teams out there.
What do you think of the Bengals?

Granite

Hall of Fame
What do you think of the Bengals?

Until they win a playoff game I'm still on the fence. They've played great ball so far, but they've got a long, disappointing history. And I can totally see Marvin Lewis brainlocking on the sidelines come the postseason.

Caledvwlch

Another curious day so far. Cal is dying on the vine. A junk time fg on the desperate chance for a quick late score killed my otherwise solid pick in NE. :mmph: TB pulls off another irritating victory...if only against the spread. The Buffalo game is a disappointment. I don't know what's happening to a team with talent that looked like it wanted to challenge early in the season. At present I'm 5-5, Cale is looking at 3-7 and the kid is leading 6-4 going into the rest of the afternoon.

We all agree on SD and Arz, so that leaves the Philly/Car game to pull me even or put me solidly in second. Go Eagles! :D

Me not pick games good. I'm going completely blind and random this week.

Quetzal

After Sunday, I am sitting 7-6. Not quite sure what I was thinking with the Cle/STL game but the one that really surprised me was the Tampa/Washington game. Cousins looked great out there in the second half and really surprised me. Maybe he CAN talk to Rick Moranis about an assistant coaching job. :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
After Sunday, I am sitting 7-6. Not quite sure what I was thinking with the Cle/STL game but the one that really surprised me was the Tampa/Washington game. Cousins looked great out there in the second half and really surprised me. Maybe he CAN talk to Rick Moranis about an assistant coaching job. :chuckle:

The Pats should have covered, but for the stupid "take a fg and try for the seven on an onside" nonsense. :mmph: The Eagles I can live with. It was a calculated risk. Washington should have put that one away earlier. Tampa really is awful. Ah, well.

The Titans looked better than I thought given their injuries. Atlanta played a very flat, "Surely we have this" sort of game.

Get you next week. :eek:

Caledvwlch

The Pats should have covered, but for the stupid "take a fg and try for the seven on an onside" nonsense. :mmph: The Eagles I can live with. It was a calculated risk.

Get you next week. :eek:

Yeah, I'll be back too. And with even less thinking or reason applied to my choices than this week, I promise.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yeah, I'll be back too. And with even less thinking or reason applied to my choices than this week, I promise.

The main problem with games now is the relatively large number of teams playing badly or inconsistently and the fairly small, essentially pick'em spreads that engenders. Should start shaking out as we near mid-season.

Quetzal

The main problem with games now is the relatively large number of teams playing badly or inconsistently and the fairly small, essentially pick'em spreads that engenders. Should start shaking out as we near mid-season.
Next week is going to be good. Do you think the Denver defense stands a chance against Aaron and the boys?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why do the Carolina Panthers get back-to-back prime time games at home?

They beat the Eagles last night on Sunday Night Football, and they host the Colts next week on Monday Night Football.

I know they are 6-0 this year, but they were 7-8-1 last year.

Caledvwlch

Doyel's late to this particular party but seems to finally realize what's been fairly obvious for a while now: The Colts are not a good football team.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...el-colts-play-like-and-theyre-proud/74489480/

If anything, his hysterics about how the Pats "rigged" and "fixed" the AFC Championship appear even more pathetic given how the two teams have played since that match up.

It's pretty funny that he uses the term "arch-rivals" to describe the Patriots. Somebody should tell the Patriots.

The Pats are 15 and 6 against the Colts since 2000 and only one of those 6 was a playoff game.

Quetzal

Doyel's late to this particular party but seems to finally realize what's been fairly obvious for a while now: The Colts are not a good football team.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...el-colts-play-like-and-theyre-proud/74489480/

If anything, his hysterics about how the Pats "rigged" and "fixed" the AFC Championship appear even more pathetic given how the two teams have played since that match up.
They have decent players, but as a team they are really struggling. I like Luck and I pick up T.Y. Hilton fairly often on Fan Duel.

Quetzal

Why do the Carolina Panthers get back-to-back prime time games at home?

They beat the Eagles last night on Sunday Night Football, and they host the Colts next week on Monday Night Football.

I know they are 6-0 this year, but they were 7-8-1 last year.
Liberal conspiracy, clearly.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's pretty funny that he uses the term "arch-rivals" to describe the Patriots. Somebody should tell the Patriots.

The Pats are 15 and 6 against the Colts since 2000 and only one of those 6 was a playoff game.

Who would you consider the Patriots biggest arch-rival?

Granite

Hall of Fame

:think:

I don't think they really have one.

In the "unfinished business" category it'd be nice to actually win a Super Bowl against the Giants but that's not a rivalry, per se.

No one stands in the Pats's way consistently enough to be considered an "arch" rival.

Caledvwlch

I was just looking at records, and forced to conclude that nobody fits the bill. As far as occasional rivals though, I'd have to go with the Jets, the Ravens, and the Giants, in some order of severity. Jets obviously have more games, the Giants have the most painful beatings.

Quetzal

I was just looking at records, and forced to conclude that nobody fits the bill. As far as occasional rivals though, I'd have to go with the Jets, the Ravens, and the Giants, in some order of severity. Jets obviously have more games, the Giants have the most painful beatings.
Am I the only one who doesn't think the Giants are that good? I am surprised Eli has any rings at all.

Caledvwlch

Am I the only one who doesn't think the Giants are that good? I am surprised Eli has any rings at all.

You are not. Although their pass rush really was that good. And miracle catches against helmets aside, their defensive front won those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.