NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Pagano is spooked by the Patriots.

I don't know why coaches and teams think the only way to beat the Patriots is with trick plays.

Yeah, chalk Chuck up to yet another coach who's let the Hoodie get inside his head. Generally when you get cute or try to outsmart Belichick, it blows up right in your face.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well....the rest of the NFL should be happy that three of the five undefeated teams have a bye this week (Green Bay, Cincinnati, and Denver)

That probably upsets those '72 Dolphins.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That was easily the most bizarre formation/play/attempt I've ever seen in my life.

Were they trying to...

Seriously, WHAT?
I know. It was literally a, "Well, if you need a cap on the firing notion, there you go on a platter" moment.

Who thinks the Cleveland Browns will release Johnny Drunk/ChickBeater this week?
That's irresponsible. He wasn't drunk, to begin addressing it. The only marks on her were consistent with his claim to having grabbed her when she attempted to exit a still moving vehicle. The only drunk on the scene was the young woman, whose narrative changed, whose speech was slurred and who used profanity and invoked the "my dad's a lawyer" routine to the point where the officer warned her that she was in danger of a drunk and disorderly charge.

She thereafter alleged that Johnny pushed her head into the window and struck her more than once. There were no marks to corroborate the story. The only injury was an abrasion on her wrist consistent with Manziel's story of attempting to restrain her.

So he grabs her wrist and she has an abrasion but we're to believe he hit her a few times and pushed her head into a window without leaving any discernible marks? :plain: She then told the officer she didn't feel threatened and that she wasn't interested in charges.

I practiced under the VAWA banner for the better part of a decade. I have zero tolerance for domestic abuse, but about as much for people who attempt to use the allegation of it for some other means.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I did so bad in the picks this week. Worst week in 4 seasons of picking.
You should join me out on the limb each week. It was an awful week for upsets. Historic levels, really. Like I said, I'm proud of my nose above the waterline calls.

Now I'm wondering if I should take the Giants and popular sentiment or stick with my unpopular Eagles pick and which is the greater risk of reducing me .500 status. :think:

Granite

Hall of Fame
If Peyton's throwing like this before Thanksgiving how does anyone seriously think he'll manage in the actual winter?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If Peyton's throwing like this before Thanksgiving how does anyone seriously think he'll manage in the actual winter?
His arm wasn't the problem in the last game. Two ints off deflections by a wr corps that had mostly poor hands during the game. Big drops by guys he can usually rely on. He had a poor start but after that it was almost entirely on his skill players. Inconsistent play and constant pressure was most of what ailed them. Unless he gets injured, I'm more encouraged by yesterday than anything else, because he won't get this wr play very often and his running game showed signs of life even as the passing game wasn't scaring anyone.

So, raise the help level and position play at wr, which will happen, and couple it with a then easier way to make yards on the ground (though Hillman made over five a carry and 100 plus on the day) and add that defense? Pats fans can't get complacent just yet.

Granite

Hall of Fame
His arm wasn't the problem in the last game. Two ints off deflections by a wr corps that had mostly poor hands during the game. Big drops by guys he can usually rely on. He had a poor start but after that it was almost entirely on his skill players. Inconsistent play and constant pressure was most of what ailed them. Unless he gets injured, I'm more encouraged by yesterday than anything else, because he won't get this wr play very often and his running game showed signs of life even as the passing game wasn't scaring anyone.

So, raise the help level and position play at wr, which will happen, and couple it with a then easier way to make yards on the ground (though Hillman made over five a carry and 100 plus on the day) and add that defense? Pats fans can't get complacent just yet.

I forgot: You're one of those guys who are convinced nothing is ever his fault.:chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I forgot: You're one of those guys who are convinced nothing is ever his fault.:chuckle:
No, I've been pretty critical of him this year and worried. But if you saw the game, which I'm guessing you didn't now, you'd have seen him rifle one across his body to the opposite side of the field, a throw that ended my arm strength wondering. He also hit a deep ball in stride with Sanders and looked all right throwing in motion moving right. He made a poor decision on one int and the other two hit wrs who coughed the ball up. They also dropped a number of well thrown, on the numbers and hands balls, including Thomas, who dropped a wide open forty yarder and another with room to move downfield. Sanders was the only one who seemed on his game at all, until he was injured late and then he was awful (shouldn't have been on the field).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Demaryius Thomas was targeted 17 times and caught 10
Sanders was targeted 11 times and pulled in 4

If those are your go-to guys and they're not catching half of what you're throwing it's going to be a long day.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You left out the part about him drinking at 2:00 in the afternoon after just finishing 10 weeks of rehab

Granite

Hall of Fame
No, I've been pretty critical of him this year and worried. But if you saw the game, which I'm guessing you didn't now, you'd have seen him rifle one across his body to the opposite side of the field, a throw that ended my arm strength wondering. He also hit a deep ball in stride with Sanders and looked all right throwing in motion moving right. He made a poor decision on one int and the other two hit wrs who coughed the ball up. They also dropped a number of well thrown, on the numbers and hands balls, including Thomas, who dropped a wide open forty yarder and another with room to move downfield. Sanders was the only one who seemed on his game at all, until he was injured late and then he was awful (shouldn't have been on the field).

I sure did. And most of what I saw was mediocre at best. Some of his throws were also, simply, terrible. The one long bomb to Sanders was the one true vintage all-Peyton pass I remember. He doesn't seem to be himself at all. And if so many of his receivers suddenly have butterfingers isn't it worth asking if maybe it's not entirely their fault the passes their way are so hard to catch?

I hate seeing him go out this way. But he isn't right, physically. And sooner or later it's going to start costing his team. Five picks in two weeks? If this was just about anybody else there'd be serious concern. Their schedule's been cooperative (and will remain so). But this can't go on indefinitely.

beloved57

Falcon Fans dont Panic !

Falcon Fans dont Panic !

I thought Atlanta would split with New Oreleans, now we going to see if Coaching makes a difference. Drew Breese picked that Zone apart, Thursday Night with that Tight End, I fought the DC for that, they never made any adjustments ! Other than that, Atlanta fumbled Twice in the Red Zone, and Matt Bryant missed Two field Goals, Atlanta gave that one away ! They will beat them in the Dome !

GuySmiley

I sure did. And most of what I saw was mediocre at best. Some of his throws were also, simply, terrible. The one long bomb to Sanders was the one true vintage all-Peyton pass I remember. He doesn't seem to be himself at all. And if so many of his receivers suddenly have butterfingers isn't it worth asking if maybe it's not entirely their fault the passes their way are so hard to catch?

I hate seeing him go out this way. But he isn't right, physically. And sooner or later it's going to start costing his team. Five picks in two weeks? If this was just about anybody else there'd be serious concern. Their schedule's been cooperative (and will remain so). But this can't go on indefinitely.
Manning has declined in a hurry. (no I wont say that twice) But I see what you see more than Town, and I'm a Bronco fan. His arm strength is definitely gone, so he has to anticipate receivers more than before. I don't think the receivers are on the same page and it leads to interceptions. I blame that on the new offense partly, I don't think route timing was big part of training camp in the new offense.

And the schedule isn't going to remain cooperative. Denver plays Green Bay, at the Colts, Patriots, and the Bengals. I count those all as losses going forward.

The best scenario I see is we end up playing at Foxborough in the playoffs, and that will be ugly unless this offense radically changes by then.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Manning has declined in a hurry. (no I wont say that twice) But I see what you see more than Town, and I'm a Bronco fan. His arm strength is definitely gone, so he has to anticipate receivers more than before. I don't think the receivers are on the same page and it leads to interceptions. I blame that on the new offense partly, I don't think route timing was big part of training camp in the new offense.

And the schedule isn't going to remain cooperative. Denver plays Green Bay, at the Colts, Patriots, and the Bengals. I count those all as losses going forward.

The best scenario I see is we end up playing at Foxborough in the playoffs, and that will be ugly unless this offense radically changes by then.

Yeah, I see his receivers back pedaling, or having to come back to throws, all the time. The spirit is willing. The flesh is another story.

Their defense is good. But there's not enough else here to go very far.

He deserved a better ending.

Quetzal

What a nightmare of a schedule, too. Denver does have a good defense, but that is a lot of fire power coming their way.

Caledvwlch

You should join me out on the limb each week. It was an awful week for upsets. Historic levels, really. Like I said, I'm proud of my nose above the waterline calls.

Now I'm wondering if I should take the Giants and popular sentiment or stick with my unpopular Eagles pick and which is the greater risk of reducing me .500 status. :think:

Well, I have the Giants. Because I have no idea why.

But once I finish with the dartboard on this week's games, I'll post them.

Status
Not open for further replies.