NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Arizona Cardinals looked like the best team in the NFC. Then they lost to St. Louis at home, and then they lost to a dog killer and a 3rd string QB.

Does anyone want to win the NFC West?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
They're finished. I know it's tough bouncing back from a Super Bowl loss but this is...really something.
Lynch isn't there this year and Wilson showed down the stretch that he wasn't ready to be the man in Seattle. That may not be in his DNA. He's a great complimentary piece. Play hard defense and run well and he'll add that extra something that makes you hard to beat, but he's no Brady or Rodgers at this point.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
he's no Brady or Rodgers at this point.

If my Steelers don't make it, I sure would like to see Brady vs Rodgers in the Super Bowl.

The Patriots and the Packers are way ahead of everyone else.

But, it's still early, and a lot can happen before playoff time.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If my Steelers don't make it, I sure would like to see Brady vs Rodgers in the Super Bowl.

After today I'd say I hope Peyton's wrs remember how to catch and hold onto a ball and the running game keeps developing. That defense with any sustained help could win the whole shooting match.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Steelers stink - they won't make it, like the pirates

Granite

Hall of Fame
After today I'd say I hope Peyton's wrs remember how to catch and hold onto a ball and the running game keeps developing. That defense with any sustained help could win the whole shooting match.

He can get away with throwing two or three picks against lousy teams but a quality opponent will exploit those turnovers.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
He can get away with throwing two or three picks against lousy teams but a quality opponent will exploit those turnovers.
Two of the three were literally passes the wrs goofed on. One went through the arms of the receiver and into the defense and another off the hands of the target. Not high or behind, just off the hands. He only made one bad throw that cost him and he made a number of throws that were just dropped and a couple that could have helped where his wr wasn't reading the route break. All in all what I saw was an offense that is just sputtering a bit. I can live with that early given how well the defense is playing. And the running game showed signs of life.

McCown reverted to form, as I thought he had to and Peyton would have had a rebound game if he could get normally able hands to perform consistently and work out a few kinks with the relative new kid. If I see steady progress in the next few weeks I'll be satisfied. Saw Peyton make a throw across his body on the move that had zip and I know his mental game is there, so the rest will come. Hillman's running was a good sign today. Over five yards a carry in route to over a hundred.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It must suck being a Rams fan.

But then again, it really sucked being a Cardinals fan before they moved to Arizona.

Isn't it embarrassing that there were more Steeler's fans than Rams fans considering the game was at St. Louis?

Steelers at St. Louis no Rams fans

I predict the Rams will move back to LA

I hope they do, we got a super bowl trophy and they've stunk ever since. It must suck to have decent teams and always go home early. At least we know the Rams stink. Cards will be back as always

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What was that....did anyone just watch the Colts one side formation and snap that turned the ball over?

:plain: That should get someone fired, unless they find a way to win. Fourth down and you're a score away from being on top and what???

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What was that....did anyone just watch the Colts one side formation and snap that turned the ball over?

It reminded me of when we would play "2 on 2" in the back yard when I was 10 years old, and the boys on the other team were 12 years old.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Seven out of the thirteen games ended in upsets. That's a very odd week and reason why I'm just fine with my 7-6 going into tomorrow night.

Granite

Hall of Fame

:plain: That should get someone fired, unless they find a way to win. Fourth down and you're a score away from being on top and what???

That was easily the most bizarre formation/play/attempt I've ever seen in my life.

Were they trying to...

Seriously, WHAT?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Cleveland's first round QB picks since their return to Cleveland in 1999:

Tim Couch
Brady Quinn
Brandon Weeden
Johnny Manziel

To put it into perspective, Peyton Manning was drafted #1 in 1998

Granite

Hall of Fame
Seriously, that play call was inexcusable. If Pagano didn't think it was going to work, call a timeout. Do literally anything other than what you did.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
While were on the subject of bad QB picks by the Cleveland Browns, let's not forget their head coaching decisions.

In 1991 the Browns chose Bill Belichick over Bill Cowher. Cowher went to the Steelers the next year.

The Browns fired Belichick after the 1995 season.

Here are the coaches the Browns have had since Belichick:

Chris Palmer
Butch Davis
Terry Robiskie
Romeo Crennel
Eric Mangini
Pat Shurmur
Rob Shudzinski
Mike Pettine

These coaches have a combined record of 84-172, and not one of them has a winning percentage over .415

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Seriously, that play call was inexcusable. If Pagano didn't think it was going to work, call a timeout. Do literally anything other than what you did.

Pagano is spooked by the Patriots.

I don't know why coaches and teams think the only way to beat the Patriots is with trick plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.