Head coaches with more than 2 Super Bowl wins:

Chuck Noll - 4
Bill Walsh - 3
Joe Gibbs - 3
Bill Belichick - 3

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Most postseason wins by a head coach (Top 10)

Tom Landry 20
Bill Belichick & Don Shula 19
Joe Gibbs 17
Chuck Noll 16
Mike Holmgren 13
Bill Cowher & Tom Coughlin 12
Bill Parcels, Marv Levy, & Dan Reeves 11
What is the win percentage on those coaches, if you know it (I don't). Is Tom leading that or one of the others?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Did anyone else see that some lady wrote an erotic novel about Gronkowski. I'm not kidding. Titled 'A Gronking to Remember'.

:plain:

:rotfl:

The Berean

Head coaches with more than 2 Super Bowl wins:

Chuck Noll - 4
Bill Walsh - 3
Joe Gibbs - 3
Bill Belichick - 3

I always liked and admired Chuck Noll. He seems underrated by many football people. I didn't know until I read his wiki page that he played for the Cleveland Browns and won two championships with the Browns.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Don't you think tying Chuck Noll with 4 Super Bowl wins would be more important than tying Tom Landry for most playoff wins?

no
noll had four good years in a 5 year period

belichick had at least five good years in a 10 year period
and
he was robbed of at least one super bowl win

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What is the win percentage on those coaches, if you know it (I don't). Is Tom leading that or one of the others?

Landry 20-16 =.556

Belichick 19-9 = .679

Shula 19-17 = .528

Gibbs 17-7 = .708

Noll 16-8 = .667

Holmgren 13-11 = .542

Cowher 12-9 = .571

Parcells 11-8 = .579

Levy 11-8 = .579

Reeves 11-9 = .550

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Thanks for the breakdown. So in terms of winning efficiency it's:

Gibbs 17-7 = .708
Belichick 19-9 = .679
Noll 16-8 = .667
Parcells 11-8 = .579/Levy 11-8 = .579
Cowher 12-9 = .571
Landry 20-16 =.556
Reeves 11-9 = .550
Holmgren 13-11 = .542
Shula 19-17 = .528

Interesting.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I always liked and admired Chuck Noll. He seems underrated by many football people.

I agree, but so is Joe Gibbs.

Looking at the 4 coaches who have won more than 2 Super Bowls, Noll had Bradshaw, Walsh had Montana, and Belichick had Brady.

However, Gibbs won three with three different QB's (Theisman, Williams, & Rypien)

Also, if you look at the postseason records, Gibbs has the highest win percentage of all the coaches in the Top 10 for wins.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Thanks for the breakdown. So in terms of winning efficiency it's:

Gibbs 17-7 = .708
Belichick 19-9 = .679
Noll 16-8 = .667
Parcells 11-8 = .579/Levy 11-8 = .579
Cowher 12-9 = .571
Landry 20-16 =.556
Reeves 11-9 = .550
Holmgren 13-11 = .542
Shula 19-17 = .528

Interesting.

If Belichick goes 3-0 and wins the Super Bowl this year, he would pass Gibbs and be #1 at .710

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I think this is open to debate. Beyond this missed call, there was a hold on Suh on that 4-and-6 that the refs admit they missed now too.

So essentially two of the biggest plays of the game got screwed up beyond all recognition, went in Dallas's favor, and hosed the Lions.

Yes, when you combine the PI/holding pick-up with the non-call on the holding it gets easier to say that the refs cost them the game. Detroit still had their chances though.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I didn't know until I read his wiki page that he played for the Cleveland Browns and won two championships with the Browns.

He was also born and raised in Cleveland.

As you can imagine, Browns fans are just thrilled that one of their own went on to win four Super Bowls with the Steelers :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If Belichick goes 3-0 and wins the Super Bowl this year, he would pass Gibbs and be #1 at .710
Could happen. There are a lot of great potential story lines no matter which teams advance. This would be a great weekend if I wasn't facing the worst possible match up for me, in my Colts and my former qb squaring off. . .though looked at another way I suppose I'll be somewhat happy no matter what happens. :think:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This would be a great weekend if I wasn't facing the worst possible match up for me, in my Colts and my former qb squaring off. . .though looked at another way I suppose I'll be somewhat happy no matter what happens. :think:

Well, look at the bright side, at least either your favorite team or favorite QB will be in the AFC Championship Game.

That's better than the Broncos and Colts both losing.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well, look at the bright side, at least either your favorite team or favorite QB will be in the AFC Championship Game.

That's better than the Broncos and Colts both losing.
I keep trying for that one...but then I think, my new qb could rise to the occasion and find a way to win if Peyton has an off game (and he's been off his game and/or injured, missing practices I hear) without really being ready, in terms of consistent team play, to do more than implode against the next team it faces.

:sigh: I'll just hope for the best...whatever that is.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Belichick 19-9 = .679

He is 12-2 before being caught cheating, and 6-6 after. He is a total fraud. Brady was much better later than earlier, when winning.

Excluding the seasons since the story was written. This was the first hit on google. I knew before looking it would be bad. Stellar to mediocre in a heart beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.