NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Rex Ryan's fat behind should've been dumped in the Detroit River after last night's debacle.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Atlanta Falcons are 4-7 and in FIRST PLACE in their division.

And your Browns are 7-4 and in third. Oh, and Johnny Football was involved in a scuffle. He will fit right in with Cleveland. Seems he found it necessary to beat somebody. They were probably running their mouth and he needs to learn to deal with it.

I heard it on the bumper news on StL Fox 2 News watching the smoldering ruins. I will flip to ESPN to see more.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Come on Saints. :doh:

The nfc south is a sorry division.
And the afc north is the first division to have all its teams 3 games above .500

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I heard it on the bumper news on StL Fox 2 News watching the smoldering ruins. I will flip to ESPN to see more.

ESPN.com said:
The Cleveland Police Department's report stated that Manziel was approached by a fan named Chris Gonos who says he was assaulted by the rookie quarterback and "his entourage." The incident was reported at 2:36 a.m. from the Metropolitan at The 9 hotel in Cleveland. The report does not indicate that police made any arrests.

Gonos sustained a swollen lip and swollen right eye, the report said. Cleveland Police Department spokesman Ali Pillow declined immediate comment.

Manziel lives at the hotel, which has several luxurious apartments.

Gonos told police he took one step toward whom he believed to be Manziel and got hit several times in the face by the offender, according to the report, saying that several unidentified males attacked and pushed him. A hotel employee helped break up the fight and reported to police he was struck in the face but did not want to file an incident, according to the report

Footage of the fight exists, according to the report. A hotel director of security declined comment when reached Monday.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The nfc south is a sorry division.
And the afc north is the first division to have all its teams 3 games above .500

The AFC North plays the NFC South this year.

So far, the AFC North is 10-1-1 against the NFC South.

The lone win was Tampa Bay over Pittsburgh :madmad:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
ESPN First Take has that "entourage" as Johnny, a friend and his mom. :rolleyes:

This week's Top Ten:

1. New England: continuing to improve on both sides of the ball, the Pats are the prohibitive favorite for home field advantage in the playoffs, though they don't have the easiest schedule in the world left to wrap it up and hold a slim advantage over the green eyed Broncos.

2. Green Bay: Arguably as good an offense, the Packers have been unbeatable at home and a .500 team on the road. That up and down defense away is reason to be nervous.

3. Denver: won the way they need to if they're interested in winning when it matters. Found balance in a tough win against a Fins team that came to play. But if they can't keep the balance they found here none of this will matter in a likely match up looming in the playoffs.

4. Seattle: quietly climbing back into the picture.

5. Indianapolis: terrific offense that can be beaten up and taken out of their game. Clawing back for the respect they lost against the Pats in that manhandling.

6. Baltimore: chasing a wild card, with the Bengals looking unlikely to give up the division.

7. KC: a stumble for a team that just didn't play up to potential against a find effort by Oakland.

8. Philadelphia: still nervous about Sanchez, but there's no arguing with success.

9. Dallas: great win against a Giants team that was ready at home.

10. Cincinnati: looked good on the road against a pretty decent Houston defense.

Hon Men: Cleveland. Solid team that's finding its rhythm, but still has the wrong qb under center.

Current Div. Leaders: Phi, GB, Atl, Arz, NE, Ind, Cin, Den

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And here come the games:

1. Chi @ Det: the Lions may have been humiliated by New England last week, but a win against the Bears might salve that a little. Chicago has looked good the last couple of games but let's not forget how abysmal they've been as a road team (1-3) with the single win coming against a sub .500 Atlanta and the two losses (to GB and NE) seeing their defense give up over fifty points a piece.

Anyway, the line gives the Lions a 7.5 edge and the action is running 56/44 that they'll fall short of making the line. I'm going with the cover.
:D 1-0

2. Phi @ Dal: two 8-3 teams colliding in search of a division crown. The Cowboys need to win this one to avoid having to win on the road against them in a couple of weeks and with Philly up 1 game in the division if they split.

The line is Dallas by 2.5 and the action heavily in favor 62/38, so I'm taking the upset. :)
BAM :D 2-0

3. Sea @ SF: another division fracas with SF needing the win and favored by the slightest margin imaginable, half a point. :plain: while the action likes the Seahawks to take the game 60/40. I agree with the crowd on this one and have it a Seattle win outright.
And that's 3-0 :D

4. Cle @ Buf: the Browns won in spite of their qb who continues to struggle more than succeed. The line says Buf in a squeaker as the Bills are favored by 1.5 and the action is split 55/45 in favor of their covering the points. I like Buffalo by six, so I'll take the line.

5. Cin @ TB: the Bengals are favored by a sad 3.5 against a Bucs team that's been...uneven. The action has it 88/12 in favor of the Bengals and I agree.

6. Ten @ Hou: too many unknowns in this to be comfortable with the Texans' 6.5 line. The action is less wary, going 69/31 for Houston. I'll tag along, but I don't like it.

7. Was @ Ind: Indy is favored by 9.5 and the action likes it 80/20. So do I. Go Colts and good luck Colt, at least after this game.

8. Oak @ SL: the Raiders have a taste of winning in their collective gobs and look for more against a team that's beaten some of the best. That's not a recipe for a repeat. The Rams are a 7.5 favorite, though the action is fairly split 52/48 in favor. I like SL by more, so I'll go with the line.

9. Car @ Min: oh...who really cares? Vikings are a 2.5 favorite. Action says yes at 62/38 and okay by me.

10. NO @ Pit: the Saints can't even win at home lately. This is one Pittsburgh should get up for, which is the only reason I'm worried about it. Steelers are favored by 3.5. The action is running 73/27 for the line. Me too.

11. Gia @ Jac: this is how bad Jacksonville is...they're a 2.5 dog at home. And the action goes 82/18 in support of the notion. So I'm going to pull for the upset, having it a one point affair. Of course, Eli can spark and if he hits a streak I'm dead in the water, but prognostication isn't for the feint of heart.

12. SD @ Bal: what should have been a must see is less so after the steady Charger erosion. The result of which is the Ravens are a 5.5 home favorite with the action following 60/40. No argument from me.

13. Arz @ Atl: the hapless birds are a near three point underdog at home...(2.5)...embarrassing with that much offensive firepower. Jobs will be lost in the off season. For now, I'm going to call for the upset against the 82/18 support for the line. I'm not sold on Arizona without Palmer. Not yet.

14. NE @ GB: the game most people are waiting for and the offensive shootout everyone is anticipating. The line is a surprising 3.5 in favor of GB. I thought it would be a pick'em game, even on the road for New England. The action likes an upset 61/39 and so do I.

15. Den @ KC: the second most anticipated game of the week. Denver has looked troubling in the last half of the year, but last weeks ground and pound, gut out a win over Miami has me feeling better about their playoff chances if they have to go on the road. This week...the line is Denver and 1.5. My model has KC winning by a point, but I'm going for a fg win by the Broncos. Oh yeah, the action is running 73/27 for Denver.

16. Mia @ Jets: the resume bowl sees Miami entering the Jet's back yard a 5.5 favorite and the action 88/12 in support. I'm going for the Jets to keep it closer and the upset...why, I couldn't tell you. :eek:

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The AFC has 11 teams over .500, most ever historically.

The AFC North has all its teams at least 3 games over .500, which has never happened before at any point in the season. No division has ever had all its teams finish over .500

In the history of the NFL, 9 times all the teams in a division finished .500 or better:

1989: AFC Central (Cleveland 9-6-1; Houston 9-7; Pittsburgh 9-7; Cincinnati 8-8)

1995: AFC West (Kansas City 13-3; San Diego 9-7; Oakland 8-8; Denver 8-8; Seattle 8-8)

1999: AFC East (Indianapolis 13-3; Buffalo 11-5; Miami 9-7; N.Y. Jets 8-8; New England 8-8)

2002: AFC East (New England 9-7; Miami 9-7; N.Y. Jets 9-7, Buffalo 8-8)

2002: AFC West (Oakland 11-5; Denver 9-7; Kansas City 8-8; San Diego 8-8)

2007: AFC South (Indianapolis 13-3; Jacksonville 11-5; Tennessee 10-6; Houston 8-8)

2007: NFC East (Dallas 13-3; N.Y. Giants 10-6; Washington 9-7; Philadelphia 8-8)

2008: NFC East (N.Y. Giants 12-4; Philadelphia 9-6-1; Dallas 9-7, Washington 8-8)

2008: NFC South: (Carolina 12-4; Atlanta 11-5; Tampa Bay 9-7; New Orleans 8-8)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's always a good Thanksgiving when, after eating turkey, you can sit down and relax, and watch the Cowboys get spanked in Dallas.

Now, if the 49'ers can get spanked at home too, then it's really going to be a good Thanksgiving.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
My predictions so far:

1. Chi @ Det: the Lions may have been humiliated by New England last week, but a win against the Bears might salve that a little. Chicago has looked good the last couple of games but let's not forget how abysmal they've been as a road team (1-3) with the single win coming against a sub .500 Atlanta and the two losses (to GB and NE) seeing their defense give up over fifty points a piece.

Anyway, the line gives the Lions a 7.5 edge and the action is running 56/44 that they'll fall short of making the line. I'm going with the cover.
:D 1-0

2. Phi @ Dal: two 8-3 teams colliding in search of a division crown. The Cowboys need to win this one to avoid having to win on the road against them in a couple of weeks and with Philly up 1 game in the division if they split.

The line is Dallas by 2.5 and the action heavily in favor 62/38, so I'm taking the upset. :)
BAM :D 2-0

3. Sea @ SF: another division fracas with SF needing the win and favored by the slightest margin imaginable, half a point. :plain: while the action likes the Seahawks to take the game 60/40. I agree with the crowd on this one and have it a Seattle win outright.
And that's 3-0 :D

4. Cle @ Buf: the Browns won in spite of their qb who continues to struggle more than succeed. The line says Buf in a squeaker as the Bills are favored by 1.5 and the action is split 55/45 in favor of their covering the points. I like Buffalo by six, so I'll take the line.
4-0 :D

5. Cin @ TB: the Bengals are favored by a sad 3.5 against a Bucs team that's been...uneven. The action has it 88/12 in favor of the Bengals and I agree.
4-1 :mmph: I really hate the Bengals.

6. Ten @ Hou: too many unknowns in this to be comfortable with the Texans' 6.5 line. The action is less wary, going 69/31 for Houston. I'll tag along, but I don't like it.
5-1 :D

7. Was @ Ind: Indy is favored by 9.5 and the action likes it 80/20. So do I. Go Colts and good luck Colt, at least after this game.
6-1 :D

8. Oak @ SL: the Raiders have a taste of winning in their collective gobs and look for more against a team that's beaten some of the best. That's not a recipe for a repeat. The Rams are a 7.5 favorite, though the action is fairly split 52/48 in favor. I like SL by more, so I'll go with the line.
7-1 :D

9. Car @ Min: oh...who really cares? Vikings are a 2.5 favorite. Action says yes at 62/38 and okay by me.
8-1 :D

10. NO @ Pit: the Saints can't even win at home lately. This is one Pittsburgh should get up for, which is the only reason I'm worried about it. Steelers are favored by 3.5. The action is running 73/27 for the line. Me too.
I was right to be worried. 8-2 :mmph:

11. Gia @ Jac: this is how bad Jacksonville is...they're a 2.5 dog at home. And the action goes 82/18 in support of the notion. So I'm going to pull for the upset, having it a one point affair. Of course, Eli can spark and if he hits a streak I'm dead in the water, but prognostication isn't for the feint of heart.
And Jacksonville wins by a point, as predicted. 9-2 :D

12. SD @ Bal: what should have been a must see is less so after the steady Charger erosion. The result of which is the Ravens are a 5.5 home favorite with the action following 60/40. No argument from me.
I hate the Chargers. 9-3 :mmph:

13. Arz @ Atl: the hapless birds are a near three point underdog at home...(2.5)...embarrassing with that much offensive firepower. Jobs will be lost in the off season. For now, I'm going to call for the upset against the 82/18 support for the line. I'm not sold on Arizona without Palmer. Not yet.
10-3 :D

14. NE @ GB: the game most people are waiting for and the offensive shootout everyone is anticipating. The line is a surprising 3.5 in favor of GB. I thought it would be a pick'em game, even on the road for New England. The action likes an upset 61/39 and so do I.
I hate...oh, either one. 10-4 :mmph:

15. Den @ KC: the second most anticipated game of the week. Denver has looked troubling in the last half of the year, but last weeks ground and pound, gut out a win over Miami has me feeling better about their playoff chances if they have to go on the road. This week...the line is Denver and 1.5. My model has KC winning by a point, but I'm going for a fg win by the Broncos. Oh yeah, the action is running 73/27 for Denver.
So far, so good. And BAM, 11-4 :D Though I did think the Chiefs would keep it closer.

16. Mia @ Jets: the resume bowl sees Miami entering the Jet's back yard a 5.5 favorite and the action 88/12 in support. I'm going for the Jets to keep it closer and the upset...why, I couldn't tell you. :eek:
12 - 4 :D Not bad, eh?

Last edited:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
:CRASH: Broncos.

I figured KC would lose. That Oakland loss is going to get worse and worse.

beloved57

The Falcons Played pretty good, they still need to get better in the red zone and score Touch downs instead of field goals, they beat the Team with the best record in Football, that should boost their confidence, and now go to Lambeau and steal one !

WizardofOz

HkXCLlI.jpg

aptopix-patriots-pack_berr1.jpg

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.