My fantasy. And a question for liberals

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Jefferson rejected Christ from what I understand but I could be wrong, Hence the Jefferson Bible.

False, Jefferson rejected the idea that one christian denomination was better than other and was sick of all the infighting and attempts to make one christian denomination head over others and over entire states.

Universalism back then, meant you believed all christian denominations valid, it doesnt mean the same thing as it means today.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

According to my understanding of deism they believe that God created the world but then became indifferent to it.

If Thomas Jefferson believed in deism, why even mention God as he did all so frequently in his writings?

Jefferson rejected Christ from what I understand but I could be wrong, Hence the Jefferson Bible.

First let me give accolades to A4T's post, as I believe she's making reference to Thomas Jefferson's letter to the Dansbury Baptist Church (the famous taken out of context quote "the Separation of Church and State").

That being said: David Barton owns around 20,000 original letters and documents from the colonial period*; in my book that is someone who knows what went through the minds of our Founding Fathers.

Barton on the Jefferson Bible

Edit: David Barton owns around 100,000 works that predate 1812.
http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissuesArticles.asp?id=100766#Unconfirmed Quotations

Last edited:

drbrumley

False, Jefferson rejected the idea that one christian denomination was better than other and was sick of all the infighting and attempts to make one christian denomination head over others and over entire states.

Universalism back then, meant you believed all christian denominations valid, it doesnt mean the same thing as it means today.

Thanks for that. So his use of the word universalism is like AcW's use of liberalism.

Arthur Brain

Are you going to give the needed charity? Where is the Christian love, red77?

I wouldn't be on your "Eastern" side so what difference would it make? FYI I've donated to several charities out of my own wages but that doesn't address how your 'utopian state' would take care of those unable to or out of work. You think charity would extend to everyone in need including children? Get real for once in your life.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Since you used my name:

Explain.

Explain what, that you think most here who disagree with you are in your opinion liberals?

Now that you're speaking for "most here":

Liberals/Libertarians, pretty much the same thing, just a few minor differences.

Since I am standing by God's Word (in this case moral laws and a moral culture based on Judeo-Christian doctrine), I guess when comes down to it, you and your fellow liberals/Libertarians issue is with God, not me.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Because a Christian turned Satanist turned atheist would know.

Are you disagreeing?

Heavens no! Just because Wallbuilder's David Barton owns 100,000 articles predated 1812 and testifies before Congress and other legislatures (plus speaks at universities, etc. etc. etc.) doesn't mean that he's more knowledgeable on Thomas Jefferson than TOL's favorite Christian turned Satanist turned atheist.

drbrumley

Quote:
Because a Christian turned Satanist turned atheist would know.

Heavens no! Just because Wallbuilder's David Barton owns 100,000 articles predated 1812 and testifies before Congress and other legislatures (plus speaks at universities, etc. etc. etc.) doesn't mean that he's more knowledgeable on Thomas Jefferson than TOL's favorite Christian turned Satanist turned atheist.

Jefferson said:
No one sees with greater pleasure than myself the progress of reason in its advances towards rational Christianity. When we shall have done away the incomprehensible jargon of the Trinitarian arithmetic, that three are one, and one is three; when we shall have knocked down the artificial scaffolding, reared to mask from view the simple structure of Jesus; when, in short, we shall have unlearned everything which has been taught since His day, and got back to the pure and simple doctrines He inculcated, we shall then be truly and worthily His disciples; and my opinion is that if nothing had ever been added to what flowed purely from His lips, the whole world would at this day have been Christian. I know that the case you cite, of Dr. Drake, has been a common one. The religion-builders have so distorted and deformed the doctrines of Jesus, so muffled them in mysticisms, fancies and falsehoods, have caricatured them into forms so monstrous and inconceivable, as to shock reasonable thinkers, to revolt them against the whole, and drive them rashly to pronounce its Founder an impostor. Had there never been a commentator, there never would have been an infidel. ... I have little doubt that the whole of our country will soon be rallied to the unity of the Creator, and, I hope, to the pure doctrines of Jesus also

:think: Wonders if Barton included this nugget for his collection.

Christian Liberty

:think: Wonders if Barton included this nugget for his collection.

Just a note to everyone here while we're talking about David Barton and PHC... both history professors at PHC have denounced Barton as a fake historian. I've heard one in person and Ive heard second hand about the other one doing so. We don't hold him in high regard.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Just a note to everyone here while we're talking about David Barton and PHC... both history professors at PHC have denounced Barton as a fake historian. I've heard one in person and Ive heard second hand about the other one doing so. We don't hold him in high regard.

Other than Ron Paul and his band of Libertarian misfits, I don't recall ever hearing you hold anyone in "high regard" Jr., including the founder of your community college, Michael Farris.

Anyone with an interest in Jefferson would know it. His cut and paste, miracle and divinity reduced version was bought by the Smithsonian and is available for online viewing.

Yeah. I'm not Granite's biggest fan on almost any issue, but when he's correct, he's correct. Barton is a nutjob.

I've heard all of the anti Barton propaganda put out by the atheists at the ACLU,
https://www.aclu.org/

aclu-relgion-exterminator.jpg

Americans United for Separation of Church and State
https://www.au.org/

and of course Mikey Weinstein's Military Religious Freedom Foundation. (No, Mikey is not some 6 year old kid even though his name makes him sound that old, he's an avid God-hater as seen in this article by Christianwirenews.com)

Who is Mikey Weinstein? Read His Own Vulgar Words Hating Christians and Jews in the U.S. Military
http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/38272018.html

so you boyz can save your little floor show for people who don't know any better.

Like I mentioned before: David Barton/Wallbuilders own around 100,000 articles predated 1812, so he knows what was in the minds of our Founding Fathers better than the baby murderers and sodomites at the American Civil Liberties Union do.