Mueller's investigation into Trump takes action

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's so funny to see the Trump haters denying reality since election night. They are all buying the new book by Bossie and Lewandowski -

Screen_Shot_2017-11-14_at_8.42.23_AM__21382.1510670565.png

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It won't pass the Senate, it might not even pass the House.

Well ... if it doesn't pass, it will show that there is still a shred of decency in our government. It's obvious to all that the only reason the Trump and his band of goons are trying to get rid of Mueller is because he is guilty and they all know it. Otherwise, there would be nothing to fear.

rexlunae

Well ... if it doesn't pass, it will show that there is still a shred of decency in our government. It's obvious to all that the only reason the Trump and his band of goons are trying to get rid of Mueller is because he is guilty and they all know it. Otherwise, there would be nothing to fear.

I don't hold out a lot of hope in general in the Russia probe, because the bottom line is I don't think Republicans will agree to eat one of their own even to save the country with conclusive proof of wrongdoing. But there is a chance the whole truth could at least be uncovered.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't hold out a lot of hope in general in the Russia probe, because the bottom line is I don't think Republicans will agree to eat one of their own even to save the country with conclusive proof of wrongdoing. But there is a chance the whole truth could at least be uncovered.
The truth IS being uncovered on the Mueller team, filled with anti-Trump Pro-Clinton hacks.

rexlunae

I don't want Mueller off the case. I want him right there, front and center, to tell the world he found nothing on his boss.

Here's what the evidence currently shows:

1. The Russians offered help to the Trump campaign.
2. The Trump campaign accepted that help.
3. The Russians gave help.
4. Trump used that help.

How this could not be a criminal conspiracy is beyond me.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

4. Trump used that help.

Proving that 2 and 4 happened and how it happened is key. Details.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Trump-and-pardons.png

The truth IS being uncovered on the Mueller team, filled with anti-Trump Pro-Clinton hacks.

Be careful what you wish for (1 ) - Director Comey was the last prominent government official that the President fired and we all know how that ended - the appointment of Special Council Mueller!

Be careful what you wish for (2) - As previously stated, even if Mueller was terminated, he has already anticipated that eventuality and has left a "roadmap" for his state counterparts to continue with their own investigations.
- State prosecutors are not subject to being fired by the President and presidential pardons do not extend to those convicted under state law!

Be careful what you wish for (3) - Firing Mueller would be tantamount to an admission of guilt and when Nixon tried it, even the Republicans turned on him.
- Given that "The Donald" is already polling in the low 30's, despite a good economy, he is hardly operating from a position of political strength!

Last edited:

kmoney

Hall of Fame

4. Trump used that help.

What specific help are you referring to? Is it only criminal if it involves the illegally hacked Clinton emails?

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
It kinda depends. Money could be problematic, and so could things like the stolen emails.

And the Republicans who don't use the Russian Mafia are offe[nd]ed by Mueller for a reason. He is using congressional money to get Trump without informing everyone it is just Trump.

I think they should let Mueller continue though. I hope Grassley lets the shoe drop on Trump.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ly-obtained-thousands-of-emails-idUSKBN1EA0QF

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - An organization established for U.S. President Donald Trump’s transition to the White House said on Saturday the special counsel investigating allegations of Russian meddling in the 2016 election had obtained tens of thousands of emails unlawfully.

Kory Langhofer, counsel to the transition team known as Trump for America, Inc. (TFA), wrote a letter to congressional committees to say Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team had improperly received the emails from the General Services Administration (GSA), a government agency.

Career staff members at the agency “unlawfully produced TFA’s private materials, including privileged communications, to the Special Counsel’s Office,” according to the letter, a copy of which was seen by Reuters. It said the materials included “tens of thousands of emails.”

Trump’s transition team used facilities of the GSA, which helps manage the U.S. government bureaucracy, in the period between the Republican’s November presidential election victory and his inauguration in January.

The special counsel’s office waved off the transition team’s complaint.

“When we have obtained emails in the course of our ongoing criminal investigation, we have secured either the account owner’s consent or appropriate criminal process,” said Peter Carr, spokesman for the special counsel’s office.

The GSA did not respond immediately to a request for comment.

Langhofer, the Trump transition team lawyer, wrote in his letter that the GSA’s transfer of materials was discovered on Dec. 12 and 13.

The FBI had requested the materials from GSA staff on Aug. 23, asking for copies of the emails, laptops, cell phones and other materials associated with nine members of the Trump transition team responsible for national security and policy matters, the letter said.

The FBI requested the materials of four additional senior members of the Trump transition team on Aug. 30, it said.

Langhofer argued that, while such transition teams are involved in executive functions, they are considered private, non-profit organizations whose records are private and not subject to presidential records laws.