Mexicans are Dumb and Will Destroy America?

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
most people forget that Steve Martin pioneered the look:

TheJerk.jpg

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Now, I see why you have the reputation you do. I sure hope you don't believe what you just wrote.

no, it was said in humor, directed to a friend who, I'm sure, got it

I used to work in a couple of failing urban primarily black high schools here in New York. I heard the word used a hundred times a day, every day. Heck, I got called "n*****" more often then I got called "cracker" or "whitey" :chuckle:

Still remember the first time a little black seventh grader looked up at me and said "n*****, you can't make me do this"

I laughed so hard tears were rolling down my cheeks.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Now, I see why you have the reputation you do. I sure hope you don't believe what you just wrote.

Actually I agree with some of that myself, ever listen to much rap music and the desire for many to be "thugs" or live the "thug' life?

Its like its celebrated. Sickening.

doloresistere

Actually I agree with some of that myself, ever listen to much rap music and the desire for many to be "thugs" or live the "thug' life?

Its like its celebrated. Sickening.

You are talking about inner city poor Urban Culture though. That is not synonymous with Black Culture.

doloresistere

no, it was said in humor, directed to a friend who, I'm sure, got it

I used to work in a couple of failing urban primarily black high schools here in New York. I heard the word used a hundred times a day, every day. Heck, I got called "n*****" more often then I got called "cracker" or "whitey" :chuckle:

Still remember the first time a little black seventh grader looked up at me and said "n*****, you can't make me do this"

I laughed so hard tears were rolling down my cheeks.

I really don't think you are racist but if you throw comments around like that carelessly around here, you will get the reputation of a racist.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Amazing what lengths some people will go to in order to justify speaking and thinking like a complete waste of skin.

Nobody is a complete waste of skin Granite, not even you.

At least, that's how Jesus felt about you.

He loved you so much, He hung on the cross for you.

Having been on the receiving end of racial slurs ....

I'm sure it was very hurtful to have people call you mean names Granite.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You are talking about inner city poor Urban Culture though. That is not synonymous with Black Culture.

I know of many who have moved to poorer small towns in rural areas of america, and they brought their thugging and mugging with them.
Seems cultural to me - since it wasnt till many of them moved to those places that their crime rates skyrocketed.

(Katrina refugees invited to small towns across america)

Nice to show their thanks.

zippy2006

Your intent is, at the root, no different. It rests on an ugly foundation or it's meaningless. What makes the usage funny else? Outside of it's shock value which relies on that derogatory understanding it's just a sound you make.

You aren't fooling anyone with this except, possibly, yourself.

No, Trad's point was quite right. Using the word for shock value is very different from the way it was used by the racist. Are you really trying to deny this? Res nailed it: his intent is absolutely different. And Trad's primary point was that origin does not determine whether usage is evil, which is fairly obvious.

It's actually analogous to your shock value when you call a man "Sally" in a visitor message. Any shock and potential humor derive from the facts that:

1. Sally is a derogatory way to call a man feminine.
2. Such a strong, insulting turn of events catches the hearer off-guard.
3. It is clear that you are not actually intending the word in the derogatory sense: you are not actually calling him a Sally.

...that's why you always follow such a thing with ":D". Your own usage rests on the same ugly foundation. Origin isn't a very good argument, nor is common usage in itself. The fact is, it is not that easy to argue in a principled way why such an act would be evil.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I really don't think you are racist but if you throw comments around like that carelessly around here, you will get the reputation of a racist.

negro, please

I've had a reputation for being a racist around here for eleven years.

those who know my background or ask?

they know my heart

those who would judge me based on the occasional flip comment about race? :idunno:

I've never been fussed about the careless thinking of lazy thinkers

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
No, Trad's point was quite right. Using the word for shock value is very different from the way it was used by the racist. Are you really trying to deny this? Res nailed it: his intent is absolutely different. And Trad's primary point was that origin does not determine whether usage is evil, which is fairly obvious.

It's actually analogous to your shock value when you call a man "Sally" in a visitor message. Any shock and potential humor derive from the facts that:

1. Sally is a derogatory way to call a man feminine.
2. Such a strong, insulting turn of events catches the hearer off-guard.
3. It is clear that you are not actually intending the word in the derogatory sense: you are not actually calling him a Sally.

...that's why you always follow such a thing with ":D" Your own usage rests on the same ugly foundation. Origin isn't a very good argument.

only nancyboys call other men sally :chuckle:

doloresistere

I know of many who have moved to poorer small towns in rural areas of america, and they brought their thugging and mugging with them.
Seems cultural to me - since it wasnt till many of them moved to those places that their crime rates skyrocketed.

(Katrina refugees invited to small towns across america)

Nice to show their thanks.

But it was poor, urban culture they brought with them. It has nothing to do with the color of their skin.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned

I love resurrected, but he's probably racist. :darwinsm:

Though, I doubt he's racist in practise, I imagine he's a great teacher for all white kids.

doloresistere

Funny, poor rural culture do not behave the same way. Can you explain that?

Yes. They actually behave badly sometimes but in a different way. I live near a bunch of poor rural neighborhoods. There are meth houses everywhere around here. Wife beating is common. People like to get drunk around here. Racism is also rampant. There are also a lot of young women on welfare too.