Mexicans are Dumb and Will Destroy America?

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I have no problem with anyone including Mexicans or anyone else from any other country who wants to come to this one to have a better life, provided they do it legally.

Illegal entry is what i am opposed to.

but Angel - that's so intolerant :carryon:

we must welcome the diversity of those who wish to break the law

bybee

You may consider checking out ST II-II, q. 72. I don't deny that I am "rotten" or a "punk" or even a "joke" and a "caricature" of myself. I deserve these and worse reproaches.

But if you consider any of my deeds, words or thoughts blameworthy, then you shouldn't "sink to my level" or do bad things yourself. If you rightfully blame the evil words of others, then you should most of all gaurd against your own evil words, lest you become just as bad as those whom (perhaps even rightfully) you blame and censor.

Isn't this a sweeping overgeneralization? A stereotype?
He could have said that you are uniquely boring and racist. But that wouldn't be exactly accurate....

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What do you believe Trad's intent is?
His intent is to use the historical ugliness of the word for his own amusement. Without that it doesn't signify, as I noted. That his end game may be a laugh doesn't alter where that laugh comes from and what has to be a part of it, what it trades on.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't think racial slurs are sins.
Rather they are vulgar, betraying a lack of good breeding. They are cheap shots betraying a lack of wit. They are examples of an egotistical, self-defining little pipsqueak who has mistaken spending a few years in college as a sign of superiority.
You Trad are not a gentleman. You would not fit into the company of genteel, well bred men.
In short Trad, you behave like a clod!
I was thinking in terms of his behavior as uncouth. Gangsters are more well mannered than he.

doloresistere

TH, another example:

1. X is a neo-nazi who believes that all races other than caucasian are inferior to white people. He owns a grocery store, and a black man comes in wanting to buy something from him: "Get out of my store, [n-word], and go back to where you came from!"

2. I am driving through a parking lot and this black lady (as I recall it) is taking her good ole' time crossing the cross-walk (as black people tend to do...they tend not to walk very fast...especially when they have the opportunity to get in the way). I don't exactly remember the context, but my sister and maybe one or two other people are in the car, who (at least at the time) didn't use the n-word. I look straight at the woman (I'm in my car, mind you, with the windows rolled up...this was for the "benefit" of those in the car with me) and find myself saying, with a giant grin on my face, (again, I don't remember the context; this may or may not have been in the context of a sentence) "[n-word]!" It just so happened that, at that very moment, she happened to look straight at me, and I'm like: "Crap! She read my lips, didn't she...?"

Completely different cases.

As for the highlighted part: Do you really believe Black people of all ages, genders, religions, socioeconomic conditions etc.. behave this way? If yes, Why?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
As for the highlighted part: Do you really believe Black people of all ages, genders, religions, socioeconomic conditions etc.. behave this way? If yes, Why?

I would be very surprised if every single black person acted this way.

That said. I have come to notice that many black people act this way. I don't actually know if it's just "to get in the way." But they certainly do tend to do that, at least, in my experience. :idunno:

doloresistere

That said. I have come to notice that many black people act this way. I don't actually know if it's just "to get in the way." But they certainly do tend to do that, at least, in my experience. :idunno:

Have you noticed any white or asian or hispanic people act that way? If not, do you think it is because they don't do it or because you don't notice it?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Have you noticed any white or asian or hispanic people act that way? If not, do you think it is because they don't do it or because you don't notice it?

At least certain segments of the hispanics act in the same way, and some white people probably do as well. Personally, I find that it's more noticable among the black people. Really, of all ages. Old, young, middle age. They just seem to refuse to walk fast and go about their business.

It's particularly noticable because, often, black people tend to travel in packs. So, often enough, what you get is a group of like 3-8 black people (I find that this is true generally of black teenagers, in fact...not so much among the older black people) who are joking and laughing and screaming at each other...and they're not moving very fast. They're just in the way.

When you combine this with their bizarre dress (they can't seem to dress themselves properly) and the fact that they don't pick up their feet when they walk...

It's a spectacle. :nono:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
trad presents a scenario in which the word was used in a historical context for a specific intent:
.. a slave owner calls his black slave a [n-word] in order to re-restablish his slave status, that's quite a different use of the word than if I tell my roommate, mostly for humor's sake, "there were [n-word]s at the apartment earlier!"

town responds:
Your intent is, at the root, no different....

I query:
What do you believe Trad's intent is?

town responds:
His intent is to use the historical ugliness of the word for his own amusement.

Oh, OK.

It appeared that you were divining his intent to be an attempt to re-establish the slave status of blacks, an argument that I've seen others put forth.

town said:
Without that it doesn't signify, as I noted.

That's not a real sentence.

I'm not going to guess at your meaning if you can't use real sentences. :idunno:

town said:
That his end game may be a laugh doesn't alter where that laugh comes from

What makes you think you know where that laugh comes from?

Because of your own experiences?

town said:
and what has to be a part of it, what it trades on.

Please share.

What has to be a part of it?

And what does it trade on?

be brief, clear and concise

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
At least certain segments of the hispanics act in the same way, and some white people probably do as well. Personally, I find that it's more noticable among the black people. Really, of all ages. Old, young, middle age. They just seem to refuse to walk fast and go about their business.

It's particularly noticable because, often, black people tend to travel in packs. So, often enough, what you get is a group of like 3-8 black people (I find that this is true generally of black teenagers, in fact...not so much among the older black people) who are joking and laughing and screaming at each other...and they're not moving very fast. They're just in the way.

When you combine this with their bizarre dress (they can't seem to dress themselves properly) and the fact that they don't pick up their feet when they walk...

It's a spectacle. :nono:

I've seen the same thing where I live, with black teens.

trad said:

trust me, they don't

in my experience, it's an urban youth phenomenon

other's experiences may differ

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Seriously, why on earth is it cool to wear your pants around your knees? And this just hammers in my point that cultures can't live side by side, that, inevitably, one culture will begin to infect the other...WHITE TEENAGERS DO THIS TOO! What the heck, man? :madmad:

The Berean

trust me, they don't

in my experience, it's an urban youth phenomenon

other's experiences may differ

HatersgonnaMoonwalk.gif

The Berean

Seriously, why on earth is it cool to wear your pants around your knees? And this just hammers in my point that cultures can't live side by side, that, inevitably, one culture will begin to infect the other...WHITE TEENAGERS DO THIS TOO! What the heck, man? :madmad:

Trad, I'm sure you know that "sagging" began in prisons because often prisons only have a few different sizes for pants and most prisons don't allow inmates to have have belts (they can be used as weapons). "Sagging" doesn't have it's roots in "black culture" as you seem to believe.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned

Honestly?

You've gotten this far in your education and you haven't been exposed to adolescent psychology?

Kids do stupid things.

For stupid reasons.

That's why their insurance rates are so high.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Trad, I'm sure you know that "sagging" began in prisons because often prisons only have a few different sizes for pants and most prisons don't allow inmates to have have belts (they can be used as weapons). "Sagging" doesn't have it's roots in "black culture" as you seem to believe.

I had a group of kids convinced that sagging began in prison homosexual populations as a way of advertising one's readiness for an encounter. :chuckle:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned

I thought prison culture and black culture were the same thing. :idunno:

Selaphiel

Back in the day people went to war over how they wore their pants...

Didn't you use to wear Metallica t-shirts?