Make America Great Again

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The most poignant and resonate part of his speech? "I think not." It was a moment that everyone could get behind...great hat though. Reminded me of the one my brother had as a kid with the embroidering like that in it. I didn't see a full shot, were there two little guns and holsters that came with it? :think: It would have been great if he'd drawn them and fired into the air at the end.

That would have been special.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Unreported: 1,500 pedophile arrests have been made nationally since Trump took office Ex 20:14

The wickedness of Sodom ([Ex 20:14]
stripper.gif
heterosexual [Lev. 20:10–12] or homosexual [Lev. 20:10,13]) was notorious (Gen. 13:13).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Good news, but what did Trump do that made those possible? A new bill? Funding? Some directive we haven't heard about? Or was it just an uptick caused by officers doing their jobs?

Looks like there's more to the story: Trump's Mythical Crackdown on Sex Trafficking

Also, Crokin notes the uptick in relation to 2014, when a scant 400 cases were on the books. Sounds like a comparative explosion, until you stop and ask yourself, "Hey, why 2014? What about 2015? Why is that left out?" Maybe because in 2015 ICE alone claimed 1,400 human traffickers, the largest part of which dealt with the sexual exploitation of women.

Also, from the linked article:

"This is, as Trump would put it, "fake news." Every part of it. For starters, the 2014 data she links to is far from a complete account of U.S. sex-trafficking arrests that year. It reflects incomplete state-level arrest numbers from just 26 U.S. states, Guam, and the Virgin Islands. It does not include all state sex-trafficking arrests, by far, nor does it include any sex trafficking arrests by federal agencies such as the FBI and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), which make thousands of sex trafficking arrests annually (though far fewer trafficking indictments and convictions)."

Sounds like someone is trying really, really hard to give Trump the appearance of impact and a political "win".

quip

BANNED
Banned
Good news, but what did Trump do that made those possible? A new bill? Funding? Some directive we haven't heard about? Or was it just an uptick caused by officers doing their jobs?

Looks like there's more to the story: Trump's Mythical Crackdown on Sex Trafficking

Also, Crokin notes the uptick in relation to 2014, when a scant 400 cases were on the books. Sounds like a comparative explosion, until you stop and ask yourself, "Hey, why 2014? What about 2015? Why is that left out?" Maybe because in 2015 ICE alone claimed 1,400 human traffickers, the largest part of which dealt with the sexual exploitation of women.

Also, from the linked article:

"This is, as Trump would put it, "fake news." Every part of it. For starters, the 2014 data she links to is far from a complete account of U.S. sex-trafficking arrests that year. It reflects incomplete state-level arrest numbers from just 26 U.S. states, Guam, and the Virgin Islands. It does not include all state sex-trafficking arrests, by far, nor does it include any sex trafficking arrests by federal agencies such as the FBI and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), which make thousands of sex trafficking arrests annually (though far fewer trafficking indictments and convictions)."

Sounds like someone is trying really, really hard to give Trump the appearance of impact and a political "win".

Man! You're sure the bigot's wet-blanket TH!

Danoh

Man! You're sure the bigot's wet-blanket TH!

TH appears to be saying that Trump is taking credit once more for a positive result he was actually not responsible for.

If so, I concur.

Those kinds of sting operations are ever the result of several years in various aspects of undercover work.

Meaning Trump was not even running for office, at the time they began.

fool

Hall of Fame
..great hat though. Reminded me of the one my brother had as a kid with the embroidering like that in it. I didn't see a full shot, were there two little guns and holsters that came with it?
That was Sheriff David Clarke of Milwaukee County Wisconsin Population 956,406.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milwaukee_County_Sheriff's_Office
And no there were no toy guns because he and his 225 Deputies strap on real guns every day and face real life and death situations.
When you make light of that you disrespect everyone that does the same in defense of our society.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That was Sheriff David Clarke of Milwaukee County Wisconsin Population 956,406.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milwaukee_County_Sheriff's_Office And no there were no toy guns because he and his 225 Deputies strap on real guns every day and face real life and death situations.
When you make light of that
Which I didn't do by making fun of the guy and how he presented, not his office or anything greater.

you disrespect everyone that does the same in defense of our society.
I'm not insulting the great convention of Congress when I call a particular Senator a fop or a scalawag and I'm not insulting law enforcement when I note one of its order is worthy of having fun poked at him for political posturing.

Slow news day?

fool

Hall of Fame
Which I didn't do by making fun of the guy and how he presented, not his office or anything greater.

I'm not insulting the great convention of Congress when I call a particular Senator a fop or a scalawag and I'm not insulting law enforcement when I note one of its order is worthy of having fun poked at him for political posturing.

Slow news day?

But you didn't poke fun at his political posturing you made fun of his hat and made light of gun safety, in regards to a man that faces people pointing real guns at him.
I believe "Tone Deaf" is the term.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
But you didn't poke fun at his political posturing you made fun of his hat
That's right fool. I just go around making fun of people who wear hats. :plain: No, I started off by panning his polemic and then found the most interesting element of his posturing. He's a sheriff in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (thanks to WoZ for the nudge on the geographical point), wearing a cowboy hat that looks like it belongs on a runway.

And I bet he rides a horse in parades too. But his closest association with actual cowboys would be the bull he's riding to political advantage.

and made light of gun safety,
Oh, well why didn't you just say you were high? Because that's the only way to draw that out of what I actually wrote.

in regards to a man that faces people pointing real guns at him.
He's still in the field? Going in on calls like an average Joe? Probably not, but that would be something to respect.

I believe "Tone Deaf" is the term.
You're sticking by guns that aren't really loaded. A bad idea. Like wearing a fancy cowboy hat in Michigan, with a bow tie.

Last edited:

WizardofOz

He's a sheriff in Milwaukee, Michigan Wisconsin

Fixed that for you. I'm only an hour away and have a lot of close friends that live in that area.

Oddly enough he's a registered Democrat who is more conservative than most Republicans. Having a "D" next to his name on the ballot helps him win elections in Milwaukee though. :idunno: