MAGA

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
A decade before the Civil War.
And yet no Republican owned slaves.

Who cares?

I think it's worse that Christians owned slaves and used scripture to justify it.

And that the KKK were Christians and met in churches.

th

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
They wised up.

Today's KKK:

Coming from five generations of Ku Klux Klan members, 58-year-old “Ms. Ruth” sews hoods and robes for Klan members seven days a week, blessing each one when it’s done.

Miss-Ruth-High-Res-10.jpg

Ms. Ruth blesses each robe before sending them off. Here, she is holding a new, red satin robe against her chest as she blesses it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Today's KKK:

Coming from five generations of Ku Klux Klan members, 58-year-old “Ms. Ruth” sews hoods and robes for Klan members seven days a week, blessing each one when it’s done.

Miss-Ruth-High-Res-10.jpg

Ms. Ruth blesses each robe before sending them off. Here, she is holding a new, red satin robe against her chest as she blesses it.
Wonder how much she gets paid for her self-employed business?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Those that want to know true history.

Democrat Christians.

Yes, Democrat Christians met in churches, wearing their Sunday best.

Then your political party has more significance to you than your faith.

I couldn't care less what party they were, I care that they were doing these things as Christians, within their religious communities, considering themselves 'righteous' in the process.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I learned that from Dinesh D'Souza. Dems created the KKK and implemented all the segregation laws too.

Conservatives created the KKK and implemented the segregation laws. Liberals opposed them. Does that mean that southern democrats were largely conservatives prior to the 80s?

Yep. This is why liberals favored the Civil Rights Act, and conservatives opposed it. The ideology was more important than the party.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Conservatives created the KKK and implemented the segregation laws.
Democrats created the KKK because the KKK benefited their cause at the time.
They always use whom benefits their cause at the time.
Doesn't matter to Democrats how dispicable they are as long as they are beneficial to Democrats at the time.
Nothing has changed in that respect.

rexlunae

Democrats created the KKK because the KKK benefited their cause at the time.
They always use whom benefits their cause at the time.
Doesn't matter to Democrats how dispicable they are as long as they are beneficial to Democrats at the time.
Nothing has changed in that respect.

Incidentally, Doug Jones, the Democrat running against Roy Moore, is the prosecutor who convicted the KKK members for the Birmingham church bombing.

It doesn't seem despicable...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Conservatives created the KKK and implemented the segregation laws. Liberals opposed them. Does that mean that southern democrats were largely conservatives prior to the 80s?

Yep. This is why liberals favored the Civil Rights Act, and conservatives opposed it. The ideology was more important than the party.
Spin it however you want, democrats were the party of slavery, the KKK and segregation.

LBJ - "I'll have these N-words voting democrat for 200 years."

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Today, the Klan holds victory parades to celebrate Trump's win over Clinton. Still conservatives, but now they are republicans.
:yawn: Yeah, the clan is so huge and has so much power and influence today too, right? How many members?

How many parades and how often? Where have they been held?

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Ummm, no.
Neither politcal party dictates who can become a Christian.

Except that's not what I said. Not even close.

Was it always this way for you, or just since Trump?

The fact that they were Christians in a church under a "Jesus Saves" sign doesn't concern you, you're only focused on their political party.

Now that these days they're (still Christians) and Republican Trump voters - no concerns at all, right?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Except that's not what I said. Not even close.

Was it always this way for you, or just since Trump?

The fact that they were Christians in a church under a "Jesus Saves" sign doesn't concern you, you're only focused on their political party.

Now that these days they're (still Christians) and Republican Trump voters - no concerns at all, right?
Some Christians voted for Trump and some Christians voted for Clinton. (Same with non-Christians.)
Being Christian has nothing to do with which political party candidate one happens to vote for.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Some Christians voted for Trump and some Christians voted for Clinton. (Same with non-Christians.)
Being Christian has nothing to do with which political party candidate one happens to vote for.

That's still not what I said. You're not any closer on this second attempt.

I'm not sure if you really don't understand or you're being intentionally obtuse.