Madists

john w

Hall of Fame
They were getting circumcised and observing special days. THOSE are the works that no longer saved. Obeying is NOT the works that no longer save. LOL
Irrelevant, what works they were/were not doing, moron, to your "argument."

They were carnal, "envy, strife, and divisions among you,", "sleeping around, "the Lord’s Table" issues/disputes, one Corinthian was suing another in the law.............

And yet Paul never questioned their justification.

He was chastising their walk/sanctification,moron.

john w

Hall of Fame
Wow, you really are lost. If you are living a sinful life, then you do not have salvation now. If you do not have it now, then how do you know you will have it when you die? And if you do not have salvation now, then if Jesus comes you better be ready for it will be too late.

No, you idiot,the context/issue Paul is discussing is not spirit/soul salvation/deliverance, moron. The issue was "deliverance," "salvation," from problems/issues that would cause divisions/factions within the Philippian church. Survey Philippians 1:27–2:18 KJV... " becometh the gospel of Christ,"... includes standing firm together, as brethren, in one spirit, "striving together for the faith of the gospel..." Such saintly conduct necessitates love and concord, humility, and unselfishness,...

2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

...and deliverance from vainglory/conceit, strife/rivalry, complaining/muttering/grumbling.....

14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings

Of course, being the lost idiot that you are, not studying the details of the book, what proceeds/follows the Philippians passage, just "interpreting" a verse in isolation, you would spam the above. And you are clueless as to what the term "salvation" means.

clefty

I will slow it down for you, perverter:

"And the gospel is the gospel that Jesus Christ preached to the Jews and the gentiles and he then sent out his apostles to do the same!"-mar

No, moron, he sent the 12 to preach the gospel of the kingdom, including Judas, which is not the gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, that had as its foundation, the death, burial, resurrection, which was hid from the 12,which you were shown, over 10 times, while they were preaching the good news of the kingdom.

Your papa devil tells you to just deny it. Like father....like son...

John the Baptist was already preaching the good news before the disciples were...as for hiding what you insist is the gospel proper it actually hadn't occurred yet so it's not really hiding it is it? One could even say He was killed because He and His preached and lived the good news gospel...the BDR merely being the "I told you so"

and well even after this BDR the disciples desired exactly what some around here still insist...that the glory of Israel be restored...that certainly was not the gospel and was corrected...

Jews after all had most of the gospel just not personified in Him is why even his disciples missed its being His BDR...

God's Truth

They were carnal, "envy, strife, and divisions among you,", "sleeping around, "the Lord’s Table" issues/disputes, one Corinthian was suing another in the law.............

Paul explains that those continuing in sin show who will fall into judgment and those who have God's approval.

1 Corinthians 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

1 Corinthians 11:31
But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment.

So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! 1 Corinthians 10:12

1 Corinthians 9:25
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

2 Corinthians 12:21 I am afraid that when I come again my God will humble me before you, and I will be grieved over many who have sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, sexual sin and debauchery in which they have indulged.

john w

Hall of Fame
Paul explains that those continuing in sin show that who will fall into judgement and those who have God's approval.

1 Corinthians 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

1 Corinthians 11:31
But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment.

So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! 1 Corinthians 10:12

1 Corinthians 9:25
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

2 Corinthians 12:21
2 Corinthians 12:21 I am afraid that when I come again my God will humble me before you, and I will be grieved over many who have sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, sexual sin and debauchery in which they have indulged.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men...

Notice the sly little devil, again, spams the above, but, like his father, the devil, tried with the Saviour, in the wilderness, quotes a verse in isolation, not quoting other verses, deleting them, He deletes 1 Cor. 6:11 KJV:

And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Last edited:

God's Truth

rrelevant, what works they were/were not doing, moron, to your "argument."

Notice the sly little devil, again, spams the above, but, like his father, the devil, tried with the Saviour, in the wilderness, quotes a verse in isolation, not quoting other verses, deleting them, He deletes 1 Cor. 6:11 KJV:

And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

So you do not even believe everything that Paul says.

john w

Hall of Fame
Wow, you really are lost. If you are living a sinful life, then you do not have salvation now.

1. The context is not spiritual salvation, moron.

2. Even if it were, what sin/sins? The Lord Jesus Christ died for every last sin, I commit, in my "sinful life." "Improving" my "sinful life," by "sinning less," moron, idiot, is sanctification, not justification; but it in no way affects my justification. You hate that, wolfie, as you grind your teeth, as you read this.

You reject the good news. We know. It is called "lost," child of the devil.

I have the righteousness of God, in Christ, now, as a permanent standing, and there is NADA you, or your other fellow demons/wolves can do, to alter that. NADA. Grind away.....Make a dental appointment...

Wolfie.

john w

Hall of Fame
John the Baptist was already preaching the good news before the disciples were...as for hiding what you insist is the gospel proper it actually hadn't occurred yet so it's not really hiding it is it? One could even say He was killed because He and His preached and lived the good news gospel...the BDR merely being the "I told you so"

and well even after this BDR the disciples desired exactly what some around here still insist...that the glory of Israel be restored...that certainly was not the gospel and was corrected...

Jews after all had most of the gospel just not personified in Him is why even his disciples missed its being His BDR...

Neither John the B., or the 12, ever preached 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, prior to its happening. You cannot show they were. It was hid from the 12.

You just winged it.

clefty

What a mess, as the droid does not even know that in the passage he is quoting Paul, Philippians 2:12 KJV,is not a reference to soul/spiritual salvation/deliverance.
sure it is...read before and after the text...you know the actual context and you will see that it is actually about the evidence of that election...reception of that grace deliverance and redemption...

The fruits are because we were given grace...and saved...

imagine that...we do things because we are already saved not to earn it or merit or think to deserve it but merely because it is simply asked of us by Him because we are now His wearing His yoke cuz we want to ya dig?

So we do His work for Him His way...which turns out to be for our continued salvation...to those that endure...and not turn back to their former ways like dogs to vomit...

Of course, he does not even know what the term "salvation" means, and, yet, he weighs in here, on TOL, with the soldiers? No...I don't think so....Take your seat, or remain in your place-the bleachers/fox hole, from which you boo the players/hiss at the troops.

Fuh fuh fuh...lol...I have no problem at all watching you and yours destroy each other and yourselves with your horrible use of the sword...that is a mess...and yes I guess I do have a problem with it...

it's when you turn on the unarmed true believers I merely wish you to be clear as to why your hate burns so dear...

Those saved are by One who needs no defense and they worship Him who wants no soldiers...He rejects yours and asks not to take lives but save others actually lose one's own in Him and for Him...sorry you feel your God needs both to be defended and with soldiers...understandable though...

musterion

Explain what it was that people misunderstood about Paul.

They misunderstood him as saying we do not have to obey and only believe.

That is why Peter tells us that people misunderstand Paul but then why Peter warns us to obey.

James also dealt with people misunderstanding Paul and also warns us.

See 2 Peter 3:16, 17; James 2:14, 17, 20, and 22.

See? Completely avoided it in another clumsy obfuscation attempt.

clefty

Neither John the B., or the 12, ever preached 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, prior to its happening. You cannot show they were. It was hid from the 12.

You just winged it.

Paul preached another gospel? Contrary?

And when the gospel includes your entrance through the pearly gates...it is voided? No longer the gospel?

Lol...

musterion

I wish the old thread JohnW quoted long ago where GT said "I obey ALL of Jesus' commands" was still linkable.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1Pe 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.
1Pe 3:13 And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?
1Pe 3:14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
1Pe 3:16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
1Pe 3:17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

clefty

Yep. Paul never came out and said the guy having sex with his mother was not saved. If there was ever a case to point at a professing believer and say "His behavior PROVES he ain't saved!" that guy would have been it. But Paul didn't and a miracle-working apostle would have known.

Lol..oh my...starting to see how deep this rot is...

He was thrown out of the church given over to his flesh...to Satan...that he might be saved...again...and yet you claim Paul still calls him Saint? LoL

As if the thief on the cross were to come down off the cross he would and could continue his life of crime..."cuz I got mine"

You use this text exactly as an indulgence to continue in your own flesh your own way as if you threw a coin in for general absolution...

No surprise the Jesuits build this MADness