ECT Madists are closet Calvinists

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaulToPaul 2

It's not changing the subject if we're trying to determine the context.
By not wanting to look at the context, you are prooftexting. Lifting statements out of context.

Who is the seed?
Who was the promise made to?

You can't fight the scripture. You will always lose.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Ok, this is what STP is denying.

Abraham was given a promise that he would be a father of many nations. The promise was to him and his seed. The promise was that he be a father of many nations according to a covenant based on righteousness by faith. Now, how do the gentiles who are not sons of Abraham, become sons of Abraham? How is this achieved?

This is where poor ole STP and his MAD buddies are scratching their heads trying to figure out.

Abraham would be the one birthing Isaac through his own seed, but his his faith set in motion a promise of supernatural/spiritual seed who is Christ coming from his line, and this would lead to the birth of spiritual children for Abraham. Children of faith.
The original covenant nullifies the covenant of works, because the original covenant couldn't be put into effect until the one through whom the promise would be instigated came.

So now we have believers like Abraham who are justified by faith, and through Spiritual birth are joined to Christ (Abraham's son according to the flesh), and so through him we are now spiritually related to Abraham.

Galatians 3:29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham‘s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

So simple.

Amen. Good summary.

Note: Andy's teaching explains the very PURPOSE of the New Covenant, which has been effectual for all believers in God's promises since the garden. (Genesis 3:15)

andyc

Till the seed should come to whom the promise was made

Way after Abraham.

Why won't you believe?

Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, "And to seeds," as of many, but as of one, "And to your Seed," who is Christ.

Do you see how STP is denying that the promise was to Abraham?

SaulToPaul 2

Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, "And to seeds," as of many, but as of one, "And to your Seed," who is Christ.

Do you see how STP is denying that the promise was to Abraham?

The promises (plural)

Till the seed should come to whom the promise (singular) was made

That the promise (singular) by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Why won't you believe?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The promises (plural)

That the promise (singular) by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Why won't you believe?

Your eyes are veiled, and you grope like a blind man.

john w

Hall of Fame
Amen. Good summary.

Note: Andy's teaching explains the very PURPOSE of the New Covenant, which has been effectual for all believers in God's promises since the garden. (Genesis 3:15)

"The New Covenant of Grace...The Gospel of the New Covenant...The Covenant of Works...The Covenant of Redemption..."-PigPen Naggie

Preached that "the New Covenant" to all those living creatures today, eh Ms PigPen? Did you preach "The Gospel of the New Covenant" to any cattle recently?

Gen. 9 KJV
9 And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you;

10 And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth.

11 And I will establish my covenant with you, neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.

12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:

13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.

I know, I know...Bah...Gnosticism....Gag....repent of your sins........

Biblically clueless, are you. And evil.

andyc

The promises (plural)

Why won't you believe?

The promise "singular" is about Abraham being a father of many nations which is talking about the Holy Spirit which people receive through faith in Christ.

SaulToPaul 2

The promise "singular" is about Abraham being a father of many nations which is talking about the Holy Spirit which people receive through faith in Christ.

Nah, Paul tells us.

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Why do you deny that Christ was given the Spirit?

SaulToPaul 2

"The New Covenant of Grace...The Gospel of the New Covenant...The Covenant of Works...The Covenant of Redemption..."-PigPen Naggie

Preached that "the New Covenant" to all those living creatures today, eh Ms PigPen? Did you preach "The Gospel of the New Covenant" to any cattle recently?

Gen. 9 KJV
9 And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you;

10 And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth.

11 And I will establish my covenant with you, neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.

12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:

13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.

I know, I know...Bah...Gnosticism....Gag....repent of your sins........

Biblically clueless, are you. And evil.

Tet: there are only two covenants.

Is this one of them, saint john w?

Cross Reference

Nah, Paul tells us.

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

I thought you said "promise"?? ____ <You don't know what you mean>.

andyc

Nah, Paul tells us.

John the baptist was given the Spirit. Do you deny that?
And yet this had nothing to do with the promise to Abraham.

SaulToPaul 2

John the baptist was given the Spirit. Do you deny that?
And yet this had nothing to do with the promise to Abraham.

Rabbit trails.

1. Christ is the seed
2. The promise was made to the seed
3. The promise was the Spirit

That the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Ask the LORD to help thy unbelief.

Status
Not open for further replies.