ECT MADist thought for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

One In Christ

Yep
It really shows that doctrine is more important to some people than basic christian decency.
There are times when I've had a joke with W, but he is constantly full of hate.

What is Christian decency?

That must be something you made up..

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What is Christian decency?

That must be something you made up..

(Eph 5:3-4) But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. 4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.

There is a reason why certain people are attracted to MAD.

One In Christ

(Eph 5:3-4) But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. 4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.

There is a reason why certain people are attracted to MAD.

does that mean you think you are too "good" for MAD?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
does that mean you think you are too "good" for MAD?

No, but if I was really into telling everyone that their church was wrong, their pastor was wrong, and that they weren't saved, MAD would be the belief system for me.

In fact if I didn't want to belong to a church and support a local church, and sit home every week and make fun of churches and the people who go to church, then MAD would be for me.

If I wanted to tell everyone who disagreed with me that they "don't know how to rightly divide", then MAD would be for me.

One In Christ

No, but if I was really into telling everyone that their church was wrong, their pastor was wrong, and that they weren't saved, MAD would be the belief system for me.

:idunno: I try to refrain from telling people they are not saved (this is mostly just a debating tactic to discredit the other person, in my mind).

I think your a brother in Christ, tet

In fact if I didn't want to belong to a church and support a local church, and sit home every week and make fun of churches and the people who go to church, then MAD would be for me.

:idunno: I go to church every week, and its not even a MAD church.... I go to a Baptist church in my home town.

If I wanted to tell everyone who disagreed with me that they "don't know how to rightly divide", then MAD would be for me.

:idunno: There are very wrong ways to interpret the Bible... Wouldn't you agree? This is really a non issue.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Being MAD has nothing to do with those things, Tet; and you know it.
The same thing happens with just about any doctrinal stance, including yours!

You complain that those who are MAD take up for those who are MAD.
You do exactly the same thing with your preterist, spiritualizing, replacement-theology buddies, while they take up for you too.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep
It really shows that doctrine is more important to some people than basic christian decency.
There are times when I've had a joke with W, but he is constantly full of hate.
I come to a theology board because I'm interested in theology.

And I have even agreed with you on occasion.
And those agreements had diddly-squat to do with how you behave.

One In Christ

Then the threads you read here must be very limited, and so is your memory.

True, He spends most of his time Opposing MAD, so of course he is going to get lashback from the MAD crowd, so your view of us is skewed.

Stop being a pain, and maybe we wouldn't be so feisty.

andyc

Well the good thing is that john has vanished for a while.
Back to this issue of repentance.

Maybe the madists could tell me what they think repentance from sin is all about?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Then the threads you read here must be very limited, and so is your memory.

So the insults against me are allowed to continue, but I'm the whiner?

What's the matter Tam, is it because Graceandpeace is on vacation, you don't have anyone to stalk?

Why don't you try actually discussing theology instead of worrying about the character of the people who disagree with you.

Do you want to give John 7:38 a shot again. You gave some "possible" verses that it fulfilled, but you refuse to acknowledge that John 7:38 fulfilled Zech 14:8.

Can you admit that John 7:38 fulfilled Zech 14:8?

You also ignored my question about John 14:2-3?

You have yet to explain how it is that Jesus comes back to planet earth, when John 14:2-3 makes it clear that He comes and takes people back to where He is in Heaven.

(John 14:2-3) 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

andyc

So the insults against me are allowed to continue, but I'm the whiner?

What's the matter Tam, is it because Graceandpeace is on vacation, you don't have anyone to stalk?

Why don't you try actually discussing theology instead of worrying about the character of the people who disagree with you.

Do you want to give John 7:38 a shot again. You gave some "possible" verses that it fulfilled, but you refuse to acknowledge that John 7:38 fulfilled Zech 14:8.

Can you admit that John 7:38 fulfilled Zech 14:8?

You also ignored my question about John 14:2-3?

You have yet to explain how it is that Jesus comes back to planet earth, when John 14:2-3 makes it clear that He comes and takes people back to where He is in Heaven.

(John 14:2-3) 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Yesterday taught me that madists don't care about lying and insulting. So I'm still wondering why the mads try expose us. Even if they did prove we are frauds, the mads couldn't care less anyway.

So why do they bother?
We might as well let them let off steam.

One In Christ

Yesterday taught me that madists don't care about lying and insulting. So I'm still wondering why the mads try expose us. Even if they did prove we are frauds, the mads couldn't care less anyway.

So why do they bother?
We might as well let them let off steam.

theres a difference between lying and perversion of the Gospel.

Status
Not open for further replies.