ECT MAD is a lie and is proved to be a lie from scripture !

drbrumley

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches;but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD.

drbrumley

And this applies to Meshak

If Abraham was indeed justified by works, he had something to boast about, but not before God.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God.

Nope, he did not boast about his faithfulness, but God approved his faithfulness.

So you think you are as faithful as Abraham?

drbrumley

Nope, he did not boast about his faithfulness, but God approved his faithfulness.

So you think you are as faithful as Abraham?

What does the Scripture say?

“Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”

Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,

drbrumley

What does the Scripture say?

“Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”

Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,

I guess Mehak isn't interested no more

john w

Hall of Fame
The truth is you hold onto self righteous religion.

It is not of Jesus.
Show some respect, Christ rejector-it is the Lord Jesus Christ to you, which you will eventually acknowledge, when you bow down to Him, at the great white throne judgment, before the Saviour sends you on that one way trip to hell.

Good day to you, future burning scarecrow.....Tick, tick, tick.....

northwye

The Christian Zionists have changed the focus of this thread to a quarrel with an individual or individuals.

Go back to the original subject: Many New Testament scriptures say the opposite of what Christian Zionism doctrines say.

If the Christian Zionists would state clearly what they are teaching regarding the NT doctrines taught by several texts, then their disagreement with the New Testament texts would be shown. But they avoid doing that. Here are many of the NT texts that teach doctrines the opposite of Christian Zionism:

Luke 1: 68-69, John 10: 16, Romans 12: 4-5, Ephesians 4: 4, Romans 10: 12, Galatians 3: 28, Romans 2: 28-29, Romans 9: 6-8,Romans 11: 5, Romans 11: 17-20, II Corinthians 3: 6-11, Galatians 3: 3, 16-17, 27-29, Galatians 4: 24-26,Philippians 3: 2-8, and Hebrews 10: 9

Together these scriptures - and some others also - agree with one another and form a part of the Gospel of Christ, which Gospel is not limited to what Paul says in I Corinthians 15: 3-4.

Danoh

Your every often repeated assertion about those passages remains as off-base as your often repeated assertion about that first set you cited.

Your often repeated erroneous assertion that Luke 1:68-69 summarize all that Luke 1 there is declaring was fulfilled in the 1st Century is just that: your often repeated error.

It is clear from Luke 1, that all Luke is merely relating at that point in time within his entire narrative (the whole of Luke), is that point in time within the whole of Luke's narrative, when Israel had experienced a day when those things Prophesied/Promised concerning their Deliverer had been made accessible to them.

But is access the same as possession?

No.

Just as your access to what Luke is actually relating in Luke 1 is obviously accessible to you, and yet, its' actually intended meaning is just as obviously not possessed by you.

Luke 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying, 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, 1:69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; 1:70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began: 1:71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us; 1:72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant; 1:73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham, 1:74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear, 1:75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

You claim that redemption described there took place back then.

You are wrong.

It did not.

Because is was rejected by that nation; by their rejection of its'/their Deliverer

Luke 13:34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not! 13:35 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Luke 19:37 And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen; 19:38 Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest. 19:39 And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples. 19:40 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out. 19:41 And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it, 19:42 Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes. 19:43 For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side, 19:44 And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

From there, all your other assertions end up at your own reading into a thing.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You can't name one, can you? You rail against something you haven't a clue about.
True.
She's all mouth and no truth.

Oh and your silly boasting claim, But as for me, I will never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. The world has been crucified to me through the cross, and I to the world.
AMEN!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I discern by overall claims and their fruit.

Most of you are showing the same kind of arrogant spirit.

I know you dont accept how I discern but I will not follow your lead.

take it or leave it.
You will end up saying these exact words to the JWs - copy this and mark my words :rotfl:

northwye

One of the arguments here on TOL is over exactly what Christian Zionism teaches. And if you are one who does not agree with Christian Zionism, don't be lured into an argument with individual Christian Zionists. Deal with the theology itself. And part of the problem with that theology on this forum is that its doctrines appear to shift and be inconsistently stated.

Dispensationalists have long stated, or example, that Old Covenant Israel rejected Christ.

But this does not agree with Romans 11: 1-5, that a remnant of Old Covenant Israel accepted Christ. Luke 1: 68-69 has to be interpreted together with Romans 11: 1-5 to understand what the New Testament is teaching and why dispensaionalism was wrong in saying Old Covenant Israel rejected Christ. The multitude of Old Covenant Israel did reject Christ. But Old Covenant Israel as the remnant of Israel accepted him.

And so its revealed that Christian Zionism focuses upon the multitude of Old Covenant Israel and does not acknowledge -sometimes - the remnant of Israel.

Why is this a point of argument at all? It is mainly because the Christian Zionists are argumentative and love to quarrel, contrary to Romans 1: 28-29, where εριδος is one trait listed there among several which result from God giving them over to these traits. Or is it also because they have been taught in the churches doctrines associated with this theology which are false? Both are likely true.

God's Truth

And this applies to Meshak

If Abraham was indeed justified by works, he had something to boast about, but not before God.

Read this CAREFULLY.

JAMES SAYS that THAT faith you are talking about---it was and is faith WITH OBEDIENCE.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

…..
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

God's Truth

What a headache.

What is so hard to understand?

We all can obey God if we want to.

If we do, we will be saved and stay saved.

glorydaz

What a headache.

What is so hard to understand?

We all can obey God if we want to.

If we do, we will be saved and stay saved.

Well, you can't make it any clearer that you believe in works salvation.

The fact that you think you could obey "good enough" to be saved and stay saved, means you are clueless of the righteousness of God....which is the righteousness of FAITH. You, God's UNtruth, are like the Jews..trying to establish you own righteousness through your own efforts. You are like the JW's trying to gain your way into heaven by your own efforts. You are like all the cults the world over....refusing to accept the free gift of salvation as it's offered by God.

God's Truth

Well, you can't make it any clearer that you believe in works salvation.

The fact that you think you could obey "good enough" to be saved and stay saved, means you are clueless of the righteousness of God....which is the righteousness of FAITH. You, God's UNtruth, are like the Jews..trying to establish you own righteousness through your own efforts. You are like the JW's trying to gain your way into heaven by your own efforts. You are like all the cults the world over....refusing to accept the free gift of salvation as it's offered by God.

No, not like the Jews who rejected Jesus.

The Jews who rejected Jesus were the Jews who did not believe in Jesus.

I believe in Jesus.

There were Jews who did not want to stop cleaning themselves.

I believe that Jesus' blood cleans us.

Now take it from there.

Don't take it from a place I am not at.

Don't take it from a place of your misunderstanding.

glorydaz

No, not like the Jews who rejected Jesus.

The Jews who rejected Jesus were the Jews who did not believe in Jesus.

I believe in Jesus.

There were Jews who did not want to stop cleaning themselves.

I believe that Jesus' blood cleans us.

Now take it from there.

Don't take it from a place I am not at.

Don't take it from a place of your misunderstanding.

No, you're just like the Jews in that you are trying to establish your own righteousness.

The fact that you say we are saved when we obey is error. Major error. We are saved when we believe.

You cannot accept God's free gift of salvation because you are too proud to do so. You insist on trying to climb up on that cross with Him....in the hopes of stealing some of His glory. That makes you an ingrate and a usurper.