ECT MAD has no clue what "dispensation " means in scripture ! NONE

dodge

You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!
I have already quoted you, and told you that your statement was false because MAD does not teach that grace started with Paul.

Let me say it in a way you might be more likely to pay attention to and not so easily forget .....

MAD does not teach that GRACE started with Paul.

Tam. I have been told by more than one person in MAD that Paul was the first one in the B.O.C. and that Paul was the first one to receive the grace of the revealed mystery. I understand that not all in MAD believe the same things. I have even been told by one in MAD that Paul is the "I AM ".

It would help if you would POST the quote you are going on about so we can both look at the context and what I was responding to.

dodge

Those who believe in MAD follow Jesus;

Galatians 1:11-12 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Paul Defends His Ministry
11 For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

The Gospel preached to ALL of the Apostles was not by man according to scripture.

whitestone

Peter, and most of the Disciples were fisherman.

Paul was a Pharisee at one time.

(Phil 3:5) I was circumcised when I was eight days old. I am a pure-blooded citizen of Israel and a member of the tribe of Benjamin--a real Hebrew if there ever was one! I was a member of the Pharisees, who demand the strictest obedience to the Jewish law.

IOW, it would have been a lot easier for a former Pharisee to understand the things hidden in the OT, then it would have been for a fisherman.

lol,wow Tet as an x Acts 2 dispie you of all people should realize that what is in Post #218 is as big a blow to A2D as it is to Preterism and steppin on A28's toes but I'm not going for the shotgun approach where we(Dispies) are at one another.

I said that because it was brought up to Tam(few pages back) that we don’t point certain things out in our own house. Now if you’ll admit to that or not I don’t know but if you were really A2D you would know I showed no preference.

other than that based on how you worded your post is it your opinion that Paul stepped in and explained to the 12 something revealed to him that was hidden from the foundation of the world? Or is it that it was something he "Learned from man"? Please use those scriptures in Galatians where Paul explains how he received it by revelation and not man while you defend what you said in this post,,,

Danoh

You're not comparing apples to apples.

The 12 were taught before the Holy Spirit was given to them on Pentecost. Paul was taught after Pentecost.

However, Paul's background as a Pharisee had to be a factor that cannot be dismissed. That's why many people claim Paul wrote the book of Hebrews. The writer of Hebrews was not only an expert on the law and prophets, but also someone who understood the New Covenant, and how Christ Jesus fulfilled the law and prophets.

As with dodge, yours is too often your reading into a thing.

Matthew 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Perhaps the Lord was wrong?

I don't think so...

Acts 4:3 And they laid hands on them, and put them in hold unto the next day: for it was now eventide.

4:7 And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, By what power, or by what name, have ye done this? 4:8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel,

Your other point is just as incompetent.

Who inspired the content of Hebrews?

Hebrews 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Danoh

lol,wow Tet as an x Acts 2 dispie you of all people should realize that what is in Post #218 is as big a blow to A2D as it is to Preterism and steppin on A28's toes but I'm not going for the shotgun approach where we(Dispies) are at one another.

I said that because it was brought up to Tam(few pages back) that we don’t point certain things out in our own house. Now if you’ll admit to that or not I don’t know but if you were really A2D you would know I showed no preference.

other than that based on how you worded your post is it your opinion that Paul stepped in and explained to the 12 something revealed to him that was hidden from the foundation of the world? Or is it that it was something he "Learned from man"? Please use those scriptures in Galatians where Paul explains how he received it by revelation and not man while you defend what you said in this post,,,

lol

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

First off, your post #218 isn't much.

Secondly, the Apostle Paul was taught directly by the risen Lord Jesus Christ, AFTER the Holy Spirit was given on Pentecost.

The 12 were taught when the law of Moses was fully in place. Then they were taught again for 40 days after the resurrection, but before Pentecost. That's it, they weren't taught again by the Lord Jesus Christ after Pentecost.

So, Paul had two real advantages. He was a Pharisee, and he was taught by the Lord Jesus Christ after Pentecost.

No matter how much you Darby Followers deny it, Paul was a minister of the New Covenant. Paul never taught when the Old Covenant was fully in place.

Danoh

Secondly, the Apostle Paul was taught directly by the risen Lord Jesus Christ, AFTER the Holy Spirit was given on Pentecost.

The 12 were taught when the law of Moses was fully in place. Then they were taught again for 40 days after the resurrection, but before Pentecost. That's it, they weren't taught again by the Lord Jesus Christ after Pentecost.

So, Paul had two real advantages. He was a Pharisee, and he was taught by the Lord Jesus Christ after Pentecost.

No matter how much you Darby Followers deny it, Paul was a minister of the New Covenant. Paul never taught when the Old Covenant was fully in place.

Matthew 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

And, better Darby than Russell :chuckle:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Who inspired the content of Hebrews?

The book of Hebrews singlehandedly destroys Dispensationalism.

The book of Hebrews shows that Christ Jesus fulfilled the law and prophets. Yet, you Darby Followers keep taking prophecies from the law and prophets, and claim they are not fulfilled.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The 12 did NOT preach the New Covenant before the cross.

Paul was a minister of the New Covenant.

Danoh

The book of Hebrews singlehandedly destroys Dispensationalism.

The book of Hebrews shows that Christ Jesus fulfilled the law and prophets. Yet, you Darby Followers keep taking prophecies from the law and prophets, and claim they are not fulfilled.

Better Darby (what very little I have read by him), than all your preteristcentral...combined :chuckle:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Better Darby (what very little I have read by him), than all your preteristcentral...combined :chuckle:

The book of Hebrews makes it crystal clear that Christ Jesus made a one time sacrifice for all sins.

Yet, you Darby Followers claim Jesus is one day in the future going to sit on a man made throne in the Middle East, and oversee animal sacrifices for sin atonement.

Dispensationalism is a lie.

whitestone

So your recanting your former post?
I would have figured you being the good 70adist you would have brought up supporting scriptures where they weren’t suppose to contemplate the things they would say and that it would be given them by the holy Spirit(and other pertinent scriptures).

You forgot to mention Galatians?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't see a quote from me just YOU saying I said. God find the post where I said what you say I said ! Could be as usual you took what I said out of context.
Oh I DID quote you. And told you it was wrong, and that MAD does not teach that grace started with Paul.
And you responded by changing your wording.
That all happened just yesterday!!!!! (Your memory sucks!)
Why would you need to change you wording if your initial statement was true????
I'll tell ya why ...... because it wasn't true, now was it, Dodge????

You are pulling the same deceptive stunt you did when you claimed MAD taught that the King of Kings and Lord of Lords was Paul instead of Jesus Christ. (And you KNEW it was a lie before you even typed it, but you posted it anyway.)
That is not the actions of a man seeking truth.

Danoh

The 12 did NOT preach the New Covenant before the cross.

Paul was a minister of the New Covenant.

Jesus is the Christ is the very basis of the New Covenant.

Even your somewhat Preterist pal: Interplanner, has asserted as much.

This here...

Matthew 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

...is the very basis of this here...

Matthew 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

You're wrong again...as usual.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So your recanting your former post?

Don't know which post you are referring to.

I would have figured you being the good 70adist you would have brought up supporting scriptures where they weren’t suppose to contemplate the things they would say and that it would be given them by the holy Spirit(and other pertinent scriptures).

There is that one time....when the Disciples acted like Darby Followers:

(Luke 22:24) A dispute also arose among them as to which of them was considered to be greatest.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus is the Christ is the very basis of the New Covenant.

Now you're cooking with gas Danoh!!!

So, why then does the Apostle Paul always refer to Jesus as "The Lord Jesus Christ"?

IOW, if Paul preached his very own gospel (different from Peters) to pagan Gentiles, why didn't Paul just say "The Lord Jesus"? How would those pagan Gentiles know what "Christ" meant?

Why did Paul use the word "Christ" when preaching to Gentiles who were never under the law?

Danoh

Now you're cooking with gas Danoh!!!

So, why then does the Apostle Paul always refer to Jesus as "The Lord Jesus Christ"?

IOW, if Paul preached his very own gospel (different from Peters) to pagan Gentiles, why didn't Paul just say "The Lord Jesus"? How would those pagan Gentiles know what "Christ" meant?

Why did Paul use the word "Christ" when preaching to Gentiles who were never under the law?

You're baiting.

State your case; try to prove it (miserably, as usual) than maybe, we'll go from there :chuckle:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Matthew 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

You're wrong again...as usual.

Nope....once again Hebrews proves Dispensationalism wrong.

(Heb 12:24 KJV) And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

I could prove Dispensationalism false with just the book of Hebrews.