ECT MAD has no clue what "dispensation " means in scripture ! NONE

dodge

Danoh;5045830]Basic Principle:

Basic principles:

1. Believe what you read without any spin.

2. Trust the Holy Spirit to lead you into truth.

3. Never go where the Holy Spirit tells you not to go.

4. Once the Holy Spirit has taught you something do not leave that understanding to please anyone.

5. Scripture can be believed and trusted in spite of the assaults on it by men.

6. Never depend on Un-Godly men for Godly truth and understanding.

7. Jesus rebuked the religious leaders of His day of not knowing the scriptures nor the power of God.

My basic principle is believing what I read without running it by a denomination or getting the approval of others to believe what scripture says. Try it it will free you up to "see" what God actually wants you to see, and you don't have to make scripture fit into a preconceived idea , creed, or set of approved man made ideas or notions.

Danoh, I know what you are saying I took "3" college English level courses that I passed. Fortunately or for some UN-fortunately scripture does not fit the normal study practices as folks without the Holy Spirit teaching them the understanding of scripture will never gain what could have been received simply by believing what they read,and allowing the Holy Spirit to teach them.

What many see as beginning with Paul can be clearly seen being taught by Jesus and Peter.Now like others I could turn the bible into a puzzle for me to try to figure out for myself, but what is clearly there should be accepted for what it says and is.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nope, another thread that proves MAD is a lie. I would pray you would follow Jesus and dump the lies and deceptions of Bullinger and Stam.

Those who believe in MAD follow Jesus;

Galatians 1:11-12 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Paul Defends His Ministry
11 For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

Danoh

Basic principles:

1. Believe what you read without any spin.

2. Trust the Holy Spirit to lead you into truth.

3. Never go where the Holy Spirit tells you not to go.

4. Once the Holy Spirit has taught you something do not leave that understanding to please anyone.

5. Scripture can be believed and trusted in spite of the assaults on it by men.

6. Never depend on Un-Godly men for Godly truth and understanding.

7. Jesus rebuked the religious leaders of His day of not knowing the scriptures nor the power of God.

My basic principle is believing what I read without running it by a denomination or getting the approval of others to believe what scripture says. Try it it will free you up to "see" what God actually wants you to see, and you don't have to make scripture fit into a preconceived idea , creed, or set of approved man made ideas or notions.

Danoh, I know what you are saying I took "3" college English level courses that I passed. Fortunately or for some UN-fortunately scripture does not fit the normal study practices as folks without the Holy Spirit teaching them the understanding of scripture will never gain what could have been received simply by believing what they read,and allowing the Holy Spirit to teach them.

What many see as beginning with Paul can be clearly seen being taught by Jesus and Peter.Now like others I could turn the bible into a puzzle for me to try to figure out for myself, but what is clearly there should be accepted for what it says and is.

lol - you just don't get where this brother is coming from...

Believing a passage and having properly understood it, are not...the same thing.

No matter how much you and or others might assert otherwise.

But you are set in your error on this simple fact, bro.

So set in this error of yours that you can no longer see it for what it is; no matter how many examples one might give you from Scripture itself, of individuals in Scripture itself, who had believed the Scripture but, had obviously misunderstood it.

Another example of people in Scripture who had believed the Scripture, but had obviously misunderstood it...

2 Timothy 2:17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

2 Timothy 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

No thanks, bro.

You keep your wood and earth mysticism.

I'll stick to the gold and silver of comparing verse with verse, over your reading of your ideas into one verse (like John 1:17) which you then conclude "oh the Spirit led me to my understanding of this verse..."

That is not how The Spirit gives one understanding; no matter how much your kind assert otherwise.

No, thanks, I'll stick to His three-part approach.

Which is...

"These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they (1) received the word with all readiness of mind, and (2) searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. (3) Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few." - Acts 17:11-12.

Still waiting for you to break down EVERY part of John 1:17.

Without Google's help :chuckle:

Rom. 5:8
Prov. 27:17

dodge

lol - you just don't get where this brother is coming from...

Believing a passage and having properly understood it, are not...the same thing.

No matter how much you and or others might assert otherwise.

But you are set in your error on this simple fact, bro.

So set in this error of yours that you can no longer see it for what it is; no matter how many examples one might give you from Scripture itself, of individuals in Scripture itself, who had believed the Scripture but, had obviously misunderstood it.

Another example of people in Scripture who had believed the Scripture, but had obviously misunderstood it...

2 Timothy 2:17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

2 Timothy 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

No thanks, bro.

You keep your wood and earth mysticism.

I'll stick to the gold and silver of comparing verse with verse, over your reading of your ideas into one verse (like John 1:17) which you then conclude "oh the Spirit led me to my understanding of this verse..."

That is not how The Spirit gives one understanding; no matter how much your kind assert otherwise.

No, thanks, I'll stick to His three-part approach.

Which is...

"These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they (1) received the word with all readiness of mind, and (2) searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. (3) Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few." - Acts 17:11-12.

Still waiting for you to break down EVERY part of John 1:17.

Without Google's help :chuckle:

Rom. 5:8

I know the drill Danoh to some I will not have proper bible studies or understand until I UN-learn and reject the scripture that proves MAD is wrong. No thanks brother I will stay with what scripture says about others in Christ before Paul , Paul teaching the faith he once sought to destroy, and grace and truth coming by Jesus etc.

Keep the Son in your eyes.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tam. I have no need to lie against anyone. I have been told by some in MAD that Paul was the first in the B.O.C. and the first to receive grace of the new message that was only revealed to Paul.
That is a far cry from your previous statement that MAD claims that grace started with Paul.
And here you are yet again unwilling to own up to it.
Once again confirming that you are no seeker of truth.
There has been grace since the beginning. MAD does not teach that grace started with Paul.
You won't be able to find a single MADist here that has ever claimed that grace started with Paul.

In other words, it's just another strawman Dodge has built to attack.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
That is a far cry from your previous statement that MAD claims that grace started with Paul.
There has been grace since the beginning. MAD does not teach that grace started with Paul.
You won't be able to find a single MADist here that has ever claimed that grace started with Paul.

Who is the first sinner who ever learned of God's saving grace?

dodge

I don't see a quote from me just YOU saying I said. God find the post where I said what you say I said ! Could be as usual you took what I said out of context.

whitestone

That would end the debate if that was the only scripture we have, but thankfully it is not.

Luk 24:45
Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

set that scripture side by side with post #218 and compare the two. Not meaning that synclinal because of the scriptures like Luke 24:45 KJV but why would they have to gather to consider something "after" Luke? Something hidden from the foundation of the world must have been taking place. Just something to consider,,,

Last edited:

Danoh

That would end the debate if that was the only scripture we have, but thankfully it is not.

Luk 24:45
Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

lol, bro - leave it to you to contradict yourself and not see it.

You just now made my very point to you: after you contradicted it when I pointed it out to you.

Meaning, you remain unable to see the obvious, even when you yourself point it out (obviously, by accident).

Though you still got it wrong...

lol, you're in over your head, bro :chuckle:

O, and how ya doin on breaking down EVERY aspect of John 1:17? :crackup:

Rom. 5:18

dodge

lol, bro - leave it to you to contradict yourself and not see it.

You just now made my very point to you: after you contradicted it when I pointed out to you.

Meaning, you remain unable to see the obvious, even when you yourself point it out (obviously, by accident).

lol, you're in over your head, bro :chuckle:

O, and how ya doin on breaking down EVERY aspect of John 1:17? :crackup:

Rom. 5:18

lol, no one contradicted them self. One of the many scriptures that prove MAD is wrong.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
isn’t that strange how this all actually took place in scripture where they all gathered to consider something Paul already fully understood?

Peter, and most of the Disciples were fisherman.

Paul was a Pharisee at one time.

(Phil 3:5) I was circumcised when I was eight days old. I am a pure-blooded citizen of Israel and a member of the tribe of Benjamin--a real Hebrew if there ever was one! I was a member of the Pharisees, who demand the strictest obedience to the Jewish law.

IOW, it would have been a lot easier for a former Pharisee to understand the things hidden in the OT, then it would have been for a fisherman.

Danoh

Peter, and most of the Disciples were fisherman.

Paul was a Pharisee at one time.

(Phil 3:5) I was circumcised when I was eight days old. I am a pure-blooded citizen of Israel and a member of the tribe of Benjamin--a real Hebrew if there ever was one! I was a member of the Pharisees, who demand the strictest obedience to the Jewish law.

IOW, it would have been a lot easier for a former Pharisee to understand the things hidden in the OT, then it would have been for a fisherman.

Nonsense, on your part, as usual.

Matthew 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

But yours is par for the course - yours being the result of your endless writings of men based "wisdom;" leave it to your kind to conclude the same about "the traditions of men" that Paul had been raised in, as supposedly giving him an edge the Lord Himself had failed to communicate to the 12 per your incompetence.

dodge

set that scripture side by side with post #218 and compare the two. Not meaning that synclinal because of the scriptures like Luke 24:45 KJV but why would they have to gather to consider something "after" Luke? Something hidden from the foundation of the world must have been taking place. Just something to consider,,,

After Luke there was still many that clung, as many do today, to the law as the only means of salvation.

People that had lived their lives as Jews then and now deny the validity of the Messiah, and then cling to the law as the means of salvation .

dodge

Nonsense, on your part, as usual.

Matthew 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

But yours is par for the course - yours being the result of your endless writings of men based "wisdom;" leave it to your kind to conclude the same about "the traditions of men" that Paul had been raised in, as supposedly giving him an edge the Lord Himself had failed to communicate to the 12 per your incompetence.

Danoh, awhile back I was told that the 12 Apostles are not in the B.O.C. ! Is that a MAD position and if they are not in the B.O.C. where would they be ?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't see a quote from me just YOU saying I said. God find the post where I said what you say I said ! Could be as usual you took what I said out of context.
You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!
I have already quoted you, and told you that your statement was false because MAD does not teach that grace started with Paul.

Let me say it in a way you might be more likely to pay attention to and not so easily forget .....

MAD does not teach that GRACE started with Paul.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
as supposedly giving him an edge the Lord Himself had failed to communicate to the 12 per your incompetence.

You're not comparing apples to apples.

The 12 were taught before the Holy Spirit was given to them on Pentecost. Paul was taught after Pentecost.

However, Paul's background as a Pharisee had to be a factor that cannot be dismissed. That's why many people claim Paul wrote the book of Hebrews. The writer of Hebrews was not only an expert on the law and prophets, but also someone who understood the New Covenant, and how Christ Jesus fulfilled the law and prophets.